Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It makes me wonder how these assholes ever made EverQuest.
EverQuest was a terrible game. Its only saving grace was that the stars magically aligned and all the broken bullshit made it better than it ever should have been.

It did get a few things very right, but most of it was a fucking train wreck.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ill also add this notion that Brad did this all as a scam is pretty fucking stupid as well. He would have to be Corky level retarded to basically flush his career for what amounts to maybe 50k and that might be generous. As has been said by others I think they fudged the donation numbers to make it seem like there were more on the donation train than there really was. That was fucking dumb as well if that was the case but I dont think he was trying to scam and run. Thats career suicide for what amounts to less than what he would make in a year just to go work at some generic game company as a peon.
If you're going to give Brad enough credit that this wasn't a scam and he wouldn't be stupid enough to flush his career over 50k, you can't also say that he "fudged" the numbers, knowing that wasalsocareer suicide. You're saying that he's mindless enough to fudge numbers and commit career suicide, but not mindless enough to give it all up for 50k? Your post contains some serious cognitive dissonance.

It makes me wonder how these assholes ever made EverQuest.
Well, you have to remember, a large part of the allure and charm of EQ, was due to the fact that it was broken/buggy as hell. The systems we tout as amazingnow, were mostly the result of unintended gameplay/bugs. The fact that it came at a moment in time when the internet was first becoming "social" helped it even further along. It was the graphical Facebook for its time, really. Then you also have to remember that Brad wasn't really the "man" behind EQ. He's been taking the lion's share of the credit from therealpeople responsible for EQ - people like Trost, Smedley, Clover, Zatkin, and Cooper.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think EQ was amazing either. Amazing for it's time and some solid elements copied from other games but I think the tinted glasses are speaking.

Here's how bad Brad is. SOE is trying to do 3 games at the same time and they still let his sorry ass go. There was no room for him with EQN, Landmark, and H1Z1 all being worked on at different levels and speeds. This is the company that knows him best too. They gave the same 2nd chance we did...and then proceeded to dump him as fast as they possibly could. The guy is done. I almost think he's as bad a Curt Bloodysocks.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Brad post on the Pantheon forums. Still banned unless I'm on mobile.
biggrin.png

imijj_sl

shitlord
hmm?? where did he say this? Been out of the loop mostly today
It's on the pantheon site if you use the workaround to view AD posts.

Luxer said: Besides the obvious of getting the video of the prototype out you need to... 1) Explain why virtually the entire team seemed to turn on you. I played Vanguard when Silius was running the show and let me tell you he received a lot of criticism from the community (including myself), and not once did I ever hear him get upset in interviews or in his forum posts. But the other night you could hear it in his voice on KTAM, and even went as far as to say the team "washed their hands" of this project. And it wasn't just anger/disappointment with the situation, he was specfically angry at you. Everyone else, including Vu & Vhalen, were sharing similar frustrations. 2) I think you need to explain to your team exactly where every penny went, because when they did the math it didn't seem to add up to them. Repair the bridges to your team Brad, because it sure sounded like they didn't want to work with you anymore. 3) This is just my opinion, but I think getting signed by a real publisher is the only way this project will survive. I just don't see you bringing in the 12 million from private investors. Start hitting the rounds at SOE, NCsoft, Trion, Turbine, or hell even Blizzard. Tigole and Furor both work at Blizzard, why not talk with them? It's unlikely but it couldn't hurt. Silius has all of the data as to where the money went. I can't go into more details than that. I have been far more open to the team and to the public I think than the majority of companies, especially start-ups. I do hope to mend my relationships with the team.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's on the pantheon site if you use the workaround to view AD posts.
Thx, I guess we will have to see what Silius says. The other night he said if someone called this a scandal he'd have a hard time arguing that. Brad forcing his hand here. lets see what he comes back with.

What it comes down to is how much money came in and how it was divided among Brad and the team.

If you're going to give Brad enough credit that this wasn't a scam and he wouldn't be stupid enough to flush his career over 50k, you can't also say that he "fudged" the numbers, knowing that wasalsocareer suicide. You're saying that he's mindless enough to fudge numbers and commit career suicide, but not mindless enough to give it all up for 50k? Your post contains some serious cognitive dissonance.
You really equate putting a inflated donation number on a website banner on the same level as deliberately trying to scam people out of money? Wow.... Game company's lie on almost a daily basis to try and make shit look better than it really is to drum up interest and get momentum. He is just really fucking bad at it lol.

I am by no means white knighting for Brad as its been proven he is pretty terrible at running a game company. My point and opinion was I do not think he was trying to just make a cash grab and that the rest of the people working on the team while they might be nice and/or good at what they do seem to be pretty fucking naive if they thought a project ran in google hangouts and on conference calls long distance was going to pay the bills. I think he very well wanted to make a game and like other projects he has ran wanted to do it on the backs of his crew while taking gobs of credit with minimal effort from himself.

imijj_sl

shitlord
I'm listening to this KTAM radio show right now, and these people are seriously considering giving more money to these developers, and without even having any sort of plan or anything. Theses people deserve to be bilked out of every dollar they have.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is inaccurate.
I know he was made at least Game Designer? Correct?

Hello all,

Well, I'm back... back on EverQuest after 12 Years! When I was given the opportunity to return to the team it was something I just had to do! I started playing right away and got a paladin into his mid-30s. I found, in addition to all of the great new features and UI elements, that the game, at its core, was still very much the EQ I was involved with. In fact, some of my first work as a game designer on the team will be working on areas that have been alluded to since launch. I can't say more than that, of course, but I'm sure you can imagine how exciting this is for me.

I'll also be on the boards, so if you guys have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask. That said, I'm still absorbing a lot of info over here, getting a grasp on all of the content and features that have been added to the game over the last decade -- so please do cut me a little slack J

-Brad McQuaid / Aradune Mithara