Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
He keeps saying this and I keep pointing out that he chose to pocket 2/3 of the money. The money was from the community to make a game. This isn't an established corporation. It's a start up. Managers don't pay themselves 2/3 of the pot. Certainly not before they have a product that has launched. This is the disconnect he's just not getting.. The current state of Pantheon falls directly in his lap.

I know there would be some, but I'd bet that the majority of the community would never of dropped a dime on this project had they known the rate he planned to pay himself.

I'm going to call this bullshit. Sell your 2nd fucking house, sell your Acura NSX. Show us how bad you really want this project to succeed b/c you're the one who put the fucking nail in it's coffin.
I have missed out on a lot of the details due to lack of caring, but one of my first start ups, I was the lowest paid person in the company. I think I was making $1000 a month gross salary. The money was obviously better spent on other employees and other things.

If he really did keep the lion's share of the money that is disgusting. If he were earnest about the project he would have liquidated his assets to sustain himself and used ALL the raised funds for the rest of the team and overall development.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Liquidating your personal assets to fund a high risk startup venture is incredibly unwise, and I don't begrudge him for not doing it at all.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Come back, Brad. We want you here!
He lacks the testicular fortitude to roll with us. We call each other shitpiles over the smallest things... I've had some ridiculous back-and-forth arguments here over the years, but nothing that would cause me to leave. I'd probably grab a beer with almost any poster here, regardless of our history online.

That being said, it's gotta suck being called a drug addled, scam artist, has-been by a bunch of know-it-all, anonymous, 'never-were's. We are at a distinct advantage because we all know the gritty details of his personal life, and many here use those details against him at the drop of a hat.

Even of we are a source of 'honest' criticism, i wouldn't expose myself to that shit for long.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
He lacks the testicular fortitude to roll with us. We call each other shitpiles over the smallest things... I've had some ridiculous back-and-forth arguments here over the years, but nothing that would cause me to leave. I'd probably grab a beer with almost any poster here, regardless of our history online.

That being said, it's gotta suck being called a drug addled, scam artist, has-been by a bunch of know-it-all, anonymous, 'never-were's. We are at a distinct advantage because we all know the gritty details of his personal life, and many here use those details against him at the drop of a hat.

Even of we are a source of 'honest' criticism, i wouldn't expose myself to that shit for long.
Personal life aside, anyone here can point out several flaws from the Pantheon story arc of Brad's biography.

It's far too late to try again for this game. I almost want him to do another Kickstarter just to see the results this time.

Edit: and you know what? It'd be so fucking easy to redeem himself if he was honest. Simply screenshot how the financials were distributed and put it up for anyone interested to see, but we all know he won't.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Personal life aside, anyone here can point out several flaws from the Pantheon story arc of Brad's biography.

It's far too late to try again for this game. I almost want him to do another Kickstarter just to see the results this time.

Edit: and you know what? It'd be so fucking easy to redeem himself is he was honest. Simply screenshot how the financials were distributed and put it up for anyone interested to see, but we all know he won't.
I think that if he sets the amount lower, it will fund. 200k? Yea I think so.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Haha, round two. Here's the email for anyone not getting updates. It reads like, "Look at all the shit we should have done during the kickstarter and not months after it crashed and burned.

Hi all,

I just finished posting hundreds of screenshots from different builds of the game over the last 4+ months, and also made a quick & dirty FRAPs video (I want to do a more polished one soon-ish).

So if you have been wondering about Pantheon and where it's at development wise, please check it out:https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf

You may have also heard some of the bittersweet news. While we have demos, builds, business plans and term sheets to show investors, we haven't received any funding outside of crowdfunding onPantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Landing Page, and this money almost entirely run out.

At first, we told people to only continue to donate to keep the web site up and such, but we are now planning on the following and therefore would welcome additional crowdfunding in support of development and completing our dream: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

1. Some of the team is returning, albeit it part time, giving what time they can

2. We have some new funding leads

3. People are getting excited about what I posted on FB (should have done so weeks ago -- my mistake)

4. I'm committed to this project and finding funding.

5. We are looking for new team members to add to the group -- people who can work part time right now without a huge income.

Anyway, to keep the board up and to help out those who need some extra $$ to pay the bills, if you are able, please donate atPantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Landing Page. If you can't, we understand -- please continue to spread the word about the game -- this is super important.

Lastly, if you know of someone who is an accredited investor (angel investor, etc.) who might get excited about Pantheon, please let them know and me know. You can reach me at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */

thanks much!

-Brad "Aradune Mithara" McQuaid

4/30/14

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't see a successful KS now. It's too far gone. They are almost at the point now, where they should have been before they launched the first KS. Going back there and still not having your race models done would get them laughed at.

Not to mention the huge amount of drama associated with this. People would certainly be looking for transparency in regards to money distribution. Just way too many things going against this project now.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wish Brad all the luck in the world with this next adventure. What's the old saying about fool me once( twice, three times, etc) in this instance? How many times of " my mistake, should have done that earlier" can people possibly believe?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish Brad all the luck in the world with this next adventure. What's the old saying about fool me once( twice, three times, etc) in this instance? How many times of " my mistake, should have done that earlier" can people possibly believe?
I would love nothing more for Brad to prove us all wrong..but yea, I'd never throw a dollar at this thing now.

spronk

FPS noob

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got a small update-

--At this time the project lacks a Unity designer and Brad is actively seeking someone qualified.
--The raw footage on FB is going to be reworked into something more show worthy.
--One of the devs is still showing interest in working on the project, putting the current team at Brad, Chris, Tom, Dev.
--Funds from the website are starting to go back into this small team and getting this demo nicer.
--Once they have enough to show, there is high interest in doing another crowd funding project.

Brad has been posting a lot on the forums and on his FB and is trying to get the community to rally behind him once more. It seems to be working as the Pantheon forums have been nuts these past couple days.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
--Funds from the website are starting to go back into this small team and getting this demo nicer.
So all the money was used up and further donations would be used to keep the website going. Suddenly now they are taking those funds to go into their pockets again?