Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I think a "minimum" of 100k per employee is a bit steep, an average of 100k would be more accurate and probably still even estimating high. Even with the initial staff there was no "employees" of VRI outside of Brad - only contractors, so unless he changed that and included everyone as an employee of VRI, I doubt benefits were/would be included. And, I think it's pretty much understood even on the official site, or at least it should be, that the community isn't going to raise the funds. The shred of hope that's left is that the volunteer staff can continue working on the project to produce "enough" to show an investor to buy in.
Even if it's on the high side and 80k is more realistic, the fact is that this game would needs millions to tens of millions of dollars to ever see the light of day, if it's going to be a "professionally developed" one. That shit just isn't going to happen, given what's transpired. Brad pissed away any chance of that happening when he helped himself to a shitload of the originally raised cash for no apparent reason.

So there are two options. One is to walk away and let this die a quick death. The other is for the game to be a "garage" project built by volunteers and/or professionals on their own time, with no expectation of a payout for anyone involved, ever. It's not possible to make the jump from a garage game to a professional, investor funded one, because Brad burnt that fucking bridge to the ground.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It speaks to them not knowing what the hell they are doing and then asking for money with a straight face.
Kind of like what happens with all the other relic designers with their publishers! (Zenimax Online/Zenimax Media, Bioware-Austin/EA)

(And why these games continue to suck)

Shouldn't surprise anyone how perpetual this is when it is more out in the open. You should see the travesty of Elder Scrolls Online and that development waste. The only different thing here aside from the last 14 years, is now they are asking money from all of us instead of selling a bunch of bullshit to publishers who don't know any better.

Isn't it great?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
After I pointed out yesterday that there was no registered "Kyndread" account, Tyenbro registered Kyndread first and now there are a couple of different handle variations sitting in the approval queue.

Kyndread, if one of the (now multiple) accounts here waiting for approval are yours, post on the Pantheon forums what the exact handle is - I'm not going to approve multiple troll accounts just on the offchance that one of them might be yours.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Shouldn't surprise anyone how perpetual this is when it is more out in the open. You should see the travesty of Elder Scrolls Online and that development waste. The only different thing here aside from the last 14 years, is now they are asking money from all of us instead of selling a bunch of bullshit to publishers who don't know any better.
I quit reading that thread. How did ESO turn out? I heard some odd sort of waffling reviews from RL friends and I wasn't sure how much of it was due to the ES IP affecting their opinion.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I quit reading that thread. How did ESO turn out? I heard some odd sort of waffling reviews from RL friends and I wasn't sure how much of it was due to the ES IP affecting their opinion.
Horrible. As everyone knew. It's down to 29 bucks, console versions are "delayed" indefinitely (They say 6 months but I would bet they don't happen at this point) and they never even announced they made 500k in retail sales (If they did. I would guess not or they would have said something in the press) Bugs, mega server issues, and terrible design mistakes. Security flaws, you name it. Just one big mess all around. I do not think even Rescorla posts in that thread anymore. Should have been expected with Paul Sage and Matt Firor at the helm. As far as everyone here should be concerned, what Brad did to the gaming community, Matt Firor and Paul sage did to Zenimax Media.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
It speaks to them not knowing what the hell they are doing and then asking for money with a straight face.
On the contrary, they know -exactly- "what they hell they are doing". Kyn et al know what has transpired, have seen the evidence and are knowingly continuing to help perpetuate this fraud. In being in agreement with each other to do this, that then escalates it to criminal conspiracy to defraud. All that has to be proven is there was an agreement by more than one party to continue to perpetuate knowingly the taking of the money under false pretences of any sort and an "overt act"(actus reus) in furtherance of the crime. Brad has already committed multiple instances ofactus reusas well as a few of the others(any time they make statements or enact the removal of proof, etc on their forums, facebook, etc that continue to perpetuate the fraud). Each person is punishable in the same manner and to the same extent as is provided for the punishment of the crime itself primarily initiated by Brad.

They arent ignorant or naive(except in the prosecutorial nature of the law and as well their being open then to civil suit there after, be it US or Canada or Australia). With the actions they've done over the last month alone, virtually everyone on that "team" has dug their own hole in generating ample evidence.

Habakkuk_sl

shitlord
After I pointed out yesterday that there was no registered "Kyndread" account, Tyenbro registered Kyndread first and now there are a couple of different handle variations sitting in the approval queue.

Kyndread, if one of the (now multiple) accounts here waiting for approval are yours, post on the Pantheon forums what the exact handle is - I'm not going to approve multiple troll accounts just on the offchance that one of them might be yours.
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Advanced Forum Detail Topic - To Erronius @ RR

It looks like he wants to play.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
8B21Swr.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the contrary, they know -exactly- "what they hell they are doing". Kyn et al know what has transpired, have seen the evidence and are knowingly continuing to help perpetuate this fraud. In being in agreement with each other to do this, that then escalates it to criminal conspiracy to defraud. All that has to be proven is there was an agreement by more than one party to continue to perpetuate knowingly the taking of the money under false pretences of any sort and an "overt act"(actus reus) in furtherance of the crime. Brad has already committed multiple instances ofactus reusas well as a few of the others(any time they make statements or enact the removal of proof, etc on their forums, facebook, etc that continue to perpetuate the fraud). Each person is punishable in the same manner and to the same extent as is provided for the punishment of the crime itself primarily initiated by Brad.

They arent ignorant or naive(except in the prosecutorial nature of the law and as well their being open then to civil suit there after, be it US or Canada or Australia). With the actions they've done over the last month alone, virtually everyone on that "team" has dug their own hole in generating ample evidence.
Fucking ridiculous.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks Erronius.

Hey Everybody. I'll be back on later to answer any questions and concerns you have about the project when I get home from work. Please try to keep it clean and civil or don't expect a response. Take care.

-Kyn
Well, you know the first question on everyone's mind is how you can be on board the project when Brad pretty blatantly stole a significant amount of money from the project and made no real excuse to cover it up. That's about as civil as it gets, so if you refuse to answer that, don't expect much respect during your short stay here.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks Erronius.

Hey Everybody. I'll be back on later to answer any questions and concerns you have about the project when I get home from work. Please try to keep it clean and civil or don't expect a response. Take care.

-Kyn
Could you start with this one?

Kyndread,

Have you heard that Brad pocketed 1/3 of the funds raised, or are you willfully ignoring it?

Or are you cool with it? Everything's fine? Move along?
Also I am intrigued by the idea of investing in games you hope get made. I invested inthis onefor example. I have logged in and I have seen some progress, but if the answer to Adebisi's question is yes then you are setting back this form of game design investment. It's irresponsible and illegal. I hope you can see this.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Thanks Erronius.

-Kyn
Well let's get this out of the way, at least for humor's sake:

Matthew Davis (aka Kyndread of the Pantheon development team),

You have the right to remain silent when questioned.

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
If you decide to answer any questions now, without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney. We have no way of giving you a lawyer, but one will be appointed for you, if you wish, if and when you go to court.

You can decide at any time from this moment on to terminate the questioning and exercise these rights.

Do you understand each of these rights I have explained to you?
Having these rights in mind, do you wish to talk to us now?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have a question. why are you involved in a game project that has so little chance of ever seeing the light of day, that the guy pocketing 99% of all the cash coming in to the project (brad) for "personal use" wont even bother getting involved with its development anymore?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thanks Erronius.

-Kyn
Brad deleted the official post on facebook copping to the 45k mess AND as well deleted the post by the wife of one of the former devs who expressed disgust for brad and the mishandling.
How does it feel knowing you will not shut anyone up over here on a site you cannot control? And how long will your little charade go on?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Considering this community, every question has been surprisingly"clean and civil"so far.

We all know that this will devolve into some sort of drama-driven catfight sooner or later, but I'll be willing to put people into time-out if they pop into this thread and start trying to derail things too quickly.