Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
That project was so mismanaged it is ridiculous. And Vanguard was not a good game. At all. It had one good class with good music. It ran horribly, was horribly optimized, and your grass is greener approach here is ridiculous. And $46 million back in 2001-2006 is a hell of a lot of cash for a start up dev house who conned their way into Microsoft. If he had any more money, it would have been just as mismanaged as the other $46 Million.
to each their own opinion i suppose...mismanaged? yeah...underfunded...yep. I enjoyed VG for a number of years. as did some of the other names I recognize in the thread. lack of content is what killed it for many in the end...i don't know why everyone complains about it running poorly...ran fine from me beta...on. you would be surprised how many people loved VG...and it has nothing to do with Brad. at the end of the day, SOE chose to never really support the game. i

an accordion_sl

shitlord
this is the part about it all I don't understand. they got 150k for doing almost nothing...and we got people bitching about fair pay. if we want to discuss pay by merit...how would you have distributed the kickstarter funds? from this point of view...not much was done but the website and the formation of the company...and as you put it...very entry level design. essentially a zone VU cobbled together in a day or less.
Hindsight is 20/20, the incompetency of the team doesn't somehow justify Brad getting a much larger (and advance) payment than anyone else.

I have no idea how startups work, but I doubt a majority of the cashflow goes towards one idea person, even if they are the sole reason the project gets any funding (Richard Garriot and Shroud of the Avatar).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
to each their own opinion i suppose...mismanaged? yeah...underfunded...yep. I enjoyed VG for a number of years. as did some of the other names I recognize in the thread. lack of content is what killed it for many in the end...i don't know why everyone complains about it running poorly...ran fine from me beta...on. you would be surprised how many people loved VG...and it has nothing to do with Brad. at the end of the day, SOE chose to never really support the game. i
wtf? seriously dude?

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
Hindsight is 20/20, the incompetency of the team doesn't somehow justify Brad getting a much larger (and advance) payment than anyone else.

I have no idea how startups work, but I doubt a majority of the cashflow goes towards one idea person, even if they are the sole reason the project gets any funding (Richard Garriot and Shroud of the Avatar).
People can roast Brad on this...he deserves it..but i think it's a stretch to say he stole from others. he fucked up and killed the project. again I gotta ask, what would you do if your boss took 3 months pay, and didnt have enough at the end of the week to pay you what you thought you had a right to earn?

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Thanks Johnnie Cochran. Do you have anything else to talk about?
Further deflection that continues to evidence said complacency and the intent previously specified.

If you dont wish to address the contention and instead engage in the types of misdirection and misrepresentation that has become commonplace on the official venues of the project, isn't that in direct contradiction to your stated reasons for coming here to begin with?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Further deflection that continues to evidence said complacency and the intent previously specified.

If you dont wish to address the contention and instead engage in the types of misdirection and misrepresentation that has become commonplace on the official venues of the project, isn't that in direct contradiction to your stated reasons for coming here to begin with?
Where have you been all my life.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I would like to formally welcome Kyndread to ReRolled.

Please feel free to browse the following wonderful threads:
Marriage and The Power of Divorce
Politics Thread
Rerolled
Rerolled
Rerolled

I'm not kidding. It's entertaining here.
I just went and changed his usergroup settings so that he doesn't have to go make his requisite 5 posts to see some of those threads.

If I somehow managed to pull a Soygen and accidentally an entire usergroup then I will be publicly flogged and shamed, I'm sure.

hey i had a good time. i know others did not. people are entitled to their opinion.
I don't think that it's so much a debate on whether or not people could like playing VG...it's that it had serious issues regardless. Tad10 was a big fan of the game as well, but him falling in love with VG (or choosing to keep playing it despite the flaws, as I would phrase it) doesn't necessarily mean that those flaws did not exist.

I only wish the old forums and threads still existed because if memory served we had a thread over 1000 pages long and the flaws of VG were a pretty popular topic. I can still remember the debates that the one Dev generated when he talked about how no one wanted to modify the code because the documentation was such a shitshow that they had a hard time gauging what certain code even did or what current changes would do when it interacted with the original code (others probably remember that better than I though).

Ceder_sl

shitlord
People can roast Brad on this...he deserves it..but i think it's a stretch to say he stole from others. he fucked up and killed the project. again I gotta ask, what would you do if your boss took 3 months pay, and didnt have enough at the end of the week to pay you what you thought you had a right to earn?
Taking half the money of the company(supposedly he incorporated it, and according to the documentation he didnt pay himself but simply took the account's money(there is an accounting difference that plays into the misappropriation as well), not paying workers and then declaring the project on hold because of no funds is a classic case of fund misappropriation.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks Johnnie Cochran. Do you have anything else to talk about?
Yes, why continue under this banner Pantheon? it appears from what I have seen you have absolutely nothing worth even the modest amount Brad left this project with. If your group truly intends on making a game in your spare time there is no reason to think the few sycophants that Brad has left are going to be enough to fund this project. They have all blown their load and Brad made off with as much of it as he could.

You're all better off moving on without Brad McQuaid and the humongous load of baggage that he continues to pile up.

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
Taking half the money of the company(supposedly he incorporated it, and according to the documentation he didnt pay himself but simply took the account's money(there is an accounting difference that plays into the misappropriation as well), not paying workers and then declaring the project on hold because of no funds is a classic case of fund misappropriation.
I deal with compliance for a living, got to wonder if they had set up anything in writing to prevent or allow for such action to take place. without a some sort of contract or agreement (even verbal) stating out such terms these guys are SOL. also did he take the accounts money or did Tom Sampson (Wryshu) (the COO, CIO) transfer him the money? I noticed Tom is still with Brad. what's the story behind that?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
fuck it, im not on brads bangwagon, but the time i had in vanguard i enjoyed the hell out of it. 2nd most played mmo for me!

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I deal with compliance for a living, got to wonder if they had set up anything in writing to prevent or allow for such action to take place. without a some sort of contract or agreement (even verbal) stating out such terms these guys are SOL. also did he take the accounts money or did Tom Sampson (Wryshu) (the COO, CIO) transfer him the money? I noticed Tom is still with Brad. what's the story behind that?
At the time Brad directly took the money from the account, if I remember correctly.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welcome Kyndread and thanks for answering questions. My first question is:

Why were myself, convo and several others banned from your website? We didn't make any negative or disruptive post over there out of respect for the project. We all posted our nsfw post over here and left your forums clean. On top of banning our accounts, you IP blocked and deleted mine. This type of behavior is something amateur forums might engage in, not a professional website such as yours. I ask that you reinstate the banned accounts and allow us to see and post on your website again.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
On top of banning our accounts, you IP blocked and deleted mine. This type of behavior is something amateur forums might engage in, not a professional website such as yours. I ask that you reinstate the banned accounts and allow us to see and post on your website again.
Fuck dude, you're making me feel bad about Tyen. Pls stahp

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck dude, you're making me feel bad about Tyen. Pls stahp
Haha the conduct of Tyen(Salty) does not compare to our conduct over on Pantheonrotf
smile.png

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Im sure that his answer, if he deigns to and not deflect, will involve statements to the effect of their forums being a private group that while somewhat visible(well at least they think so), they are in their right to deny anyone for any reason. And while Frenzic makes a valid case for the removals being retribution for statements made here or else where by people they feel arent congruent to their "vision", they feel that their actions are valid, if not strategic with regards to their intent(that such a venue is meant to continue to encourage monetary "support".).

Why were myself, convo and several others banned from your website? We didn't make any negative or disruptive post over there out of respect for the project. We all posted our nsfw post over here and left your forums clean. On top of banning our accounts, you IP blocked and deleted mine. This type of behavior is something amateur forums might engage in, not a professional website such as yours. I ask that you reinstate the banned accounts and allow us to see and post on your website again.
Although I can't discuss actions taken against accounts publicly, I'd like to say that both you and Convo should have access once again. You can send me a message privately about it if you wish, either on there or here.

Reht

Molten Core Raider

While i haven't been blocked, yet, i am very concerned about this. I want to know where the idea of "moderation in moderation" went, but i see that most of you have changed your signatures. I have been more disheartened with the new moderation team, as representatives of VRI, than i was over the fallout from the implosion of the original team. This no longer feels like a community driven project to me, which is what attracted me to it. While i occasionally still check the site, i have pretty much written it off because of the new team's actions, not Brad's..........