Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
My feeling, having paid none of the money, is that i was fair that Brad took the lunch money.

Who else contributed significantly? The zone designer did some work, the rest? Not really.
If you have a movie star on the team, you should expect them to be expensive.

If Brad was not on the team, how much money would the team have made? 5K?
So everything in excess of that was in my view Brads.

Did he promse something he will never be able to deliver? (a decent game) sure...
So does any salesman.

Should he be given a second chance? No...

Carl_sl

shitlord
My feeling, having paid none of the money, is that i was fair that Brad took the lunch money.

Who else contributed significantly? The zone designer did some work, the rest? Not really.
If you have a movie star on the team, you should expect them to be expensive.

If Brad was not on the team, how much money would the team have made? 5K?
So everything in excess of that was in my view Brads.

Did he promse something he will never be able to deliver? (a decent game) sure...
So does any salesman.

Should he be given a second chance? No...
you don't get to be expensive if you haven't done a single thing worth a shit in the last decade.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Although I can't discuss actions taken against accounts publicly, I'd like to say that both you and Convo should have access once again. You can send me a message privately about it if you wish, either on there or here.
My account is back and I'm no longer banned. Big step in the right direction, thank you.

My second question/comment:

There is close to 60k of unaccounted for money (including 45k direct withdraw from Brad) according to Salim Grant, in a one on one interview. Salim never received pay for a project and Vu never received payment for the assets he purchased. How does Brad plan to repay the money he took? Where is the current 2k/month going? Have the old devs been paid in full as of yet?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad Kyndread is willing to start a new account even if there isn't really anything to talk about. Brad is the textbook example of misappropriation of funds as mentioned. This is directly the reason Brad is now depending on free labor from totally unqualified individuals instead of trained and partially talented developers. The issue isn't that Brad took money early in indie development. It's that he used funds that were supposedly dedicated towards development of a game to pay his bills. This was never disclosed by him until forced which is what a shady scam artist would do.

Bottom line...if it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, etc, etc, etc. Brad sure looks like a scam artist any way you slice it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn! I missed a busy day...

I really have nothing to add. I could never understand how anyone could justify Brad's actions. The guy single handily fucked this project over. Not to mention his half ass effort from the very beginning laced with lies.

P.S. I support the rest of that team. They didn't make much and were lead down a no win path when Brad exaggerated how far along they were. I'm not a dev so I can't speak on their skills but they were put in a rough spot by Brad.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I agree with a comment earlier. If it is as simple and innocent as Kyn has discussed in his first post (response) then I as well do not see why this wasn't explained and offered to the community? Brad's actions do not give the impression that Kyn has offered in the least. I'm still curious to Brad's involvement at this point. From what I have read, this seems very Vanguard-ish to me which is a really bad sign for the current staff.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This thread is becoming the EQ2Flames of Pantheon of RR.
LOL.. don't say that. I had such a blast on EQ2-PvP but still have nightmares by some of the idiots on EQ2Flames. It was entertaining at first but those guys were absolute moronic at times.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with a comment earlier. If it is as simple and innocent as Kyn has discussed in his first post (response) then I as well do not see why this wasn't explained and offered to the community? Brad's actions do not give the impression that Kyn has offered in the least. I'm still curious to Brad's involvement at this point. From what I have read, this seems very Vanguard-ish to me which is a really bad sign for the current staff.
The issue with Kyn's argument is Brad never told anyone. He was caught doing what he did. It wasn't as innocent as he'd like to believe. Even when Sal asked for the statements, he still didn't fess up. He made Sal do a fucking investigation on him.. lol

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Brad post/shows himself Biweekly at best. This shit has been going on since Vanguard. The old devs said the same thing. Myself, being a part of the team, am saying the same thing. Anyone not blind and retarded can see what's going on. I have little sympathy for the people who have been warned and shown, yet continue to support. In the end you'll have thousands of man hours wasted and nothing but a Pantheon T-shirt... Oh wait... Still no t-shirts? My bad
smile.png

Remit_sl

shitlord
I saw a change in Brad's posting and videos after he realized 99% of his potential player base was still critical of the kickstarter after he apologized for previous mistakes. The money still stopped rolling in and he changed from Semi-Humble Brad who wants to make a new game to Self Appointed Czar of MMO Salvation. He then cashed out and is still confused as to why he isnt swimming in rose tinted hambeast panties.

So what does Brad do?
I can't really speak for him, but he does what you would expect someone who is the head of a company to do. He leads. Gives us guidance and direction. Comes up with concepts, ideas, and systems. Supervises. He stays in touch with us pretty frequently at least every couple days, and with Sparkling even more so I'm sure. I'm sure he does other things as well behind the scenes that we aren't aware of. So, although we don't have his schedule, or the ability to watch what he is doing 24/7, I am sure he stays busy.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't really speak for him, but he does what you would expect someone who is the head of a company to do. He leads. Gives us guidance and direction. Comes up with concepts, ideas, and systems. Supervises. He stays in touch with us pretty frequently at least every couple days, and with Sparkling even more so I'm sure. I'm sure he does other things as well behind the scenes that we aren't aware of. So, although we don't have his schedule, or the ability to watch what he is doing 24/7, I am sure he stays busy.
I'll refute this claim. I was given next to no guidance on my video project even when asked for suggestions. I was barely contacted and it took him days to respond to emails at times. I was part of the team and working on a pretty important project and still he didn't show up. If he acted this way with members of the team, how can any follower of the project expect different? Brad post biweekly at best. He was almost never available in teamspeak. He took days to respond to emails, some team members claim that he never responded to any emails. I guess I should feel special he responded to me at all?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
to each their own opinion i suppose...mismanaged? yeah...underfunded...yep. I enjoyed VG for a number of years. as did some of the other names I recognize in the thread. lack of content is what killed it for many in the end...i don't know why everyone complains about it running poorly...ran fine from me beta...on. you would be surprised how many people loved VG...and it has nothing to do with Brad. at the end of the day, SOE chose to never really support the game. i
Vanguard was definitely not underfunded when Brad was in charge. The game ran like shit, for everyone, this is not even argueable. I played it in beta, I played it upon release took two chars to 50, when they still had no 50 content, i quit. Came back a year later once Sony added some raid content, and played it for two years straight. Every computer I played it on during those times, it ran like shit. I loaded it up a month ago to see how it ran on my new PC, which is decent by today's standards, and it still ran like shit.

Anyways I loved VG, it's the only game that ever captured me like EQ did, but not the Brad version. The Brad version, which lasted for ~1 year or so, sucked. It didn't become good until Sony put some work in to it. You hit the nail on the head when you said 'surprised how many people loved VG (Which wasn't really that many, let's be honest) and it has nothing to do with Brad. You are damn right it had nothing to do with Brad, people loved VG because of the work Sony put in to it. It would have been a hell of a game if they would have spent even more resources on it and fixed the shitty code that made it run like shit, but you can't blame them...the population, although devoted, was tiny.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I've noticed if you are talking about something negative that has to do with Brad you say "I can't speak to that without proof", but when it's something positive you admit you have no proof but you say "I'm sure".

I'm not trying to be a dick but sometimes people don't realize they do things like that. You're blindly defending him when there is proof he did something wrong, and blindly championing him when there is no proof he is doing something right.

Frenzic, I guess your experience was different. He is in contact with us on Skype pretty often. Your original video looked pretty good, why didn't you just run with it? I'm not sure what you would have wanted to ask that would have prevented you from continuing work on it.