Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tol_sl

shitlord
The entire guild of retrolled is getting gaymarried pile style, and then we're going to start a secret agenda to make straight-marriage a crime and ban the bible.They were right all along

gogojira_sl

shitlord
They're watching this thread from the top down. For however much the volunteers despise Rerolled, they continue to fixate on the forum threads.

HEY BRAD: Lauren? Fuck. Come on. Fucking fuzzy troll drawing, revenant removing, Harry Potter is evil, Lauren? I mean, the problems go so much deeper but shit.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
That old cunt sparkle is the type of person that needs to be put in insane asylum, there is literally no difference between her and an insane person.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
gogojira, will you gay marry me in pantheon?

rrr_img_78160.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to channel my inner Utnayan for a minute...

I know that Brad took you guy seriously enough to be the first he tells about his new idea(Panthon.) I also know that any here are members or former members of Fires of Heaven.I also know that now Brad has a serious disdain for your community.I always knew some of you supported the game.
So how does one reconcile the fact that Brad runs here first to blow smoke up our asses, with the fact that he has disdain for this community?

Well, I'll tell you:

But to be totally upfront and honest,I'm here primarily to promote my new game.
I don't know if you were with us throughout the VG fiasco, but Brad did the same shit back then. He showed up to promote VG and to try creating a lot of chatter in a hardcore EQ1 community, but when we started hearing rumors and leaks before OB hit about problems with VG Brad started doing his disappearing act. And on the rare occasion that he would show back up, he'd completely ignore any questions from concerned fanboys and would just throw out a typical"This game in going to ROCK!"post before disappearing again.

All we ever were to Brad during VG was dollar signs, and that's all we were to him during his PRotF shilling. And even during EQ1, he still liked to hang around the FOH periphery as though he wanted to try currying favor with a guild that held a large amount of influence amongst the players of EQ1. Brad is an odd sort of sycophant who habitually sidles up to this community and whispers what people want to hear into their ears for his own gain. But inevitably his chickens come home to roost and he has to listen to us pick his shit apart. So yeah, he takes us seriously...when he wants us to bankroll a game or be his captive audience that will open wallets for him. But he doesn't want to have to listen to us or deal with us - he just wants to bullshit us and take our MMOney.

One more thing we always get from Brad:"Ignore my past failures". But somehow he expects people to keep bellying up to the Brad McQuaid bullshit buffet. Just read this single post and count how many times he tries to ignore the negative and focus on the future:

If I need to, yes. I really don't want to dwell on the past -- it's time to be forward thinking and to get excited about the future. That said, you guys need to know that we've learned from our mistakes so some discussion may be appropriate. If we aren't honest and we don't learn from the past, then the past was simply a failure and a defeat. I refuse to look at it that way and we won't be defeated by the mistakes of the past, because we are going to learn from them and do a better job this time. I've learned so much, especially about myself, because of both my successes and my failures.

For me it all came in a frustrating sequence. 9 times out of 10 a person fails, fails, fails, and then succeeds (if he ever succeeds at all). For me it was 1. huge success (half a billion dollars of profit for Sony, etc.), 2. Commercial failure (I say commercial because I still think VG was awesome in many ways and I'm still proud of it)

Anyway, the success first and failure second really jacked with my mind. I became extremely arrogant, thinking whatever I touched would turn into gold. And then when things didn't work out so well on my second try it was really quite a blow to me because I had deluded myself big time. I ended up in a bad place and I never want to be back there again, ever.

But also in learning more about myself over the years, I know this is what I want to do for the rest of my life: make MMOs that I and other gamers want to play. It's just who I am and it's the only thing that professionally makes me happy.

I just don't want to get bogged down in the past too much. If it makes sense to discuss something about the past, then I'll participate. But to be totally upfront and honest, I'm here primarily to promote my new game. It's a blast talking with you all, and I'm here for that as well, but let's spend most of the time here together facing forward. We will need your feedback and opinions in order to insure we make the game you guys want and that I want. It's about community building and being accessible.

Anyways, I hope that makes sense.

-Brad

Brad pisses me off because there are a fuckton of people in the MMO industry who bust their asses for shit pay so that lazy fuckwads in management can sit back and take the credit for their hard work. Which is exactly why Brad got shown the door at SOE. If he had put his head down and busted his ass I'm willing to bet that he'd still be there. But Brad hasn't wanted to bust his ass for a long fucking time...because he's a Gaming GodT. He just wants to sit back and be an idea man, with nebulous ideas at that. If Brad had been willing to bust his ass and get down to brass tacks then we would have heard about it by now. But I don't think I've ever heard a coworker or ex-employee, fired in a parking lot or not, ever talk about how hard a worker Brad is. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say"Yeah that Brad guy, he's a hard charger that puts all of us to shame. He's the first person to get to work and last to leave and he's the hardest working person I know."And while most of the talk is behind the scenes and in private, it's still there and all I've ever heard is that Brad just wants to clock in and collect a check.

Nirrtix_sl

shitlord
I'm going to channel my inner Utnayan for a minute...

So how does one reconcile the fact that Brad runs here first to blow smoke up our asses, with the fact that he has disdain for this community?

Well, I'll tell you:

I don't know if you were with us throughout the VG fiasco, but Brad did the same shit back then. He showed up to promote VG and to try creating a lot of chatter in a hardcore EQ1 community, but when we started hearing rumors and leaks before OB hit about problems with VG Brad started doing his disappearing act. And on the rare occasion that he would show back up, he'd completely ignore any questions from concerned fanboys and would just throw out a typical"This game in going to ROCK!"post before disappearing again.

All we ever were to Brad during VG was dollar signs, and that's all we were to him during his PRotF shilling. And even during EQ1, he still liked to hang around the FOH periphery as though he wanted to try currying favor with a guild that held a large amount of influence amongst the players of EQ1. Brad is an odd sort of sycophant who habitually sidles up to this community and whispers what people want to hear into their ears for his own gain. But inevitably his chickens come home to roost and he has to listen to us pick his shit apart. So yeah, he takes us seriously...when he wants us to bankroll a game or be his captive audience that will open wallets for him. But he doesn't want to have to listen to us or deal with us - he just wants to bullshit us and take our MMOney.

One more thing we always get from Brad:"Ignore my past failures". But somehow he expects people to keep bellying up to the Brad McQuaid bullshit buffet. Just read this single post and count how many times he tries to ignore the negative and focus on the future:

Brad pisses me off because there are a fuckton of people in the MMO industry who bust their asses for shit pay so that lazy fuckwads in management can sit back and take the credit for their hard work. Which is exactly why Brad got shown the door at SOE. If he had put his head down and busted his ass I'm willing to bet that he'd still be there. But Brad hasn't wanted to bust his ass for a long fucking time...because he's a Gaming God?. He just wants to sit back and be an idea man, with nebulous ideas at that. If Brad had been willing to bust his ass and get down to brass tacks then we would have heard about it by now. But I don't think I've ever heard a coworker or ex-employee, fired in a parking lot or not, ever talk about how hard a worker Brad is. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say"Yeah that Brad guy, he's a hard charger that puts all of us to shame. He's the first person to get to work and last to leave and he's the hardest working person I know."And while most of the talk is behind the scenes and in private, it's still there and all I've ever heard is that Brad just wants to clock in and collect a check.
Oh I knew he did it to promote his game, but still, he could have gone to other gamer sites and had about the same effect. In the beginning he went to rerolled.org to tell you about it becuase at that time I think he respected this community. Now I think he feels betrayed as I am sure he does to me. Fact of the matter I leaked what I did because I told the truth on the site that was NOT NDA material. IT was a compilation of all the leaks from Radash, Brad, Laurene, and others. It was already leaked it was public information.

After it was leaked the post was posted on by Brad and he said he would "Never delete posts he posted on as long as they remained civil." It remained civil for the most part and it got deleted. Action was promised the next day by Brad also. So far no announced action had been taken other than the post being deleted.

Then I posted a post asking something like "New policy Delete posts Brad talks in?" explaining my disagreement with the cover-up. That post got deleted as well. Never have I been given an explanation.

Pol1 has a thread still on the main threads list I responded to it talking about that situation and how there are poor business practices and stuff deleting threads and whatnot. Then I am demoted to light blue

Well at that point they stole $250 from me so I posted warnings on peoples profiles about the incident. I guess the Blue and Sparkle were watching me, but I did not care anymore. I my account banned with deletion of parts of it like my profile. Whoever did it did a very sloppy job of it too, as they did not delete all of my posts, just the ones that they wanted gone. I say they because I do not know exactly who did it. That was when I decided to come to you fine folk.

I had already realized I was wrong about you for the most part. This game seriously needs a miracle to make it and a ton of regime change. So I thought to myself "They take my $250 for doing nothing wrong, I will leak their NDA material." I know you guys got bored with it sadly I have no more art like the trolls and mermaids. After I came here and leaked I got an IP ban, but I actually expected that part.

Like I said I question if Sparkle made any more at all, her "team" is so secretive that most members do not know what they are doing. We do know they will not post lore when they promise (even after months) and she does not share any with the dev team even. She does not even talk about lore in the dev channel that I have ever seen.

I never received any warnings etc during my talking about the issues after my stepping down. Constructive criticism is supposed to be welcome. I said it in a professional manner like I am now, but I got no e-mail or site message warnings. The only messages I got on Pantheons site were many purple members saying they would miss me some said after the way I was treated they were done with Pantheon.

I mentioned those things to help the game as odd as it may seem. As I mentioned I paid $250 into that game. I want that style of a game as much as you do. Sadly with Sparkle on board that game in my opinion will never be funded or taken seriously. The mess in March did enough damage to make it a high risk for vaporware.

As I said before I would still love to see Pantheon made in the way it was explained to us in the kickstarter, with Revanants and what not. At this point I do not know if that will happen, but I still should own a copy of the game.

I don't know if you were with us throughout the VG fiasco, but Brad did the same shit back then. He showed up to promote VG and to try creating a lot of chatter in a hardcore EQ1 community, but when we started hearing rumors and leaks before OB hit about problems with VG Brad started doing his disappearing act. And on the rare occasion that he would show back up, he'd completely ignore any questions from concerned fanboys and would just throw out a typical "This game in going to ROCK!" post before disappearing again.

Erronius_sl said:
Well if a game is a quality game I do not mind paying, but yes I question if they cared now that they had my money. I do know I was thrown to the curb with no warning for questioning serious legitimate issues. As the threads I posted from skype showed I did a lot to try to show Sparkle and Brad etc. that the community wants their attention. Now in damage control mode they do what I and a few others said for months should be done and it seems to be working to some degree. I wonder if it is too little too late. If they did that months ago, this scenario might be different. I have seen evidence that Sparkle does not respect the community. Brad I think does, but procrastinates too much to give them attention. These are my observations though.

I know I am skipping around, but as to Vanguard yes I was a BETA tester. The game ran ok enough on my machine, but when I leveled and found those empty zones I was flabbergasted. I loved the game up to that point. I ignored it for a while, but when my guild quit because of that and performance issues, I quit. I know SOE finished it, but they put it aside and forgot about it with no expansions etc. The game had potential if it was finished properly IMHO. I was hooked like crazy, but after I left I did not come back due to the fact I figured it would be a ghosttown.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still detect some Stockholm syndrome in the post above. As someone who only played EQ for a couple months in the summer of either 00 or 01, I never knew who brad was or cared until I got balls deep in wow and wanted to know the influences that led to the mechanics in more depth.

Everything I've seen tells me the guy is probably akin to more like Jerry Lundegaard than anything.

Nirrtix_sl

shitlord
I still detect some Stockholm syndrome in the post above. As someone who only played EQ for a couple months in the summer of either 00 or 01, I never knew who brad was or cared until I got balls deep in wow and wanted to know the influences that led to the mechanics in more depth.

Everything I've seen tells me the guy is probably akin to more like Jerry Lundegaard than anything.
Caeden I played Everquest a lot yes. Most Everquest junkies know who he is. Most Everquest junkies want a good old-school MMORPG. I have lost faith in the team to get the job done. I am not going to say "Hey I know he did coke the other day" or "Brad stole the money" because I cannot prove it. Did he make a very stupid and probably illegal business decision yes. We all know he has done things like that in Vanguard. My point is I am not here to slander, I am here to show the truth. You want to call that Stockholm syndrome fine, but Brad is far from a nurse.

In the end I wanted you to know the truth.... as bizarre, ridiculous and crazy as it was. Do I respect Brad at this point, no. Would I invest in his upcoming indygogo (yes they are planning another fundraiser "when the time is right") heck no! Way back in the three strikes thread days I felt that way. Would I ever buy another game made by Brad, no. Fact of the matter is I already have bought this game. I wish I could get my $250 refund but the dev team will not do that despite wrongly IP banning me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How long before Nirrtix gets run off? (S)he? Is kind of an idiot. Nirrtix, you knew what was going on the entire time and you were OK with it because you had forum power and Brad made you feel important. You helped to pull the charade along and try to fool people about the state of things to help keep the donations coming in. Then you got tossed to the curb so now it's time to act like a whistleblower and show everyone the light. Except we aren't cynics and haters, we're just normal people who have a barometer for bullshit and don't mind using offensive language and nothing you've told us is a surprise. We already knew all that shit. Except you didn't have the capacity or decency to walk away before you got ousted.

Go home, you're a joke.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Nirrtix take a break for a few days. Rest, refit, relax.

Seriously. Just get away from all of this for a while. For us, poking fun at this is a leisure activity. You were balls deep in Pantheon as a second job and part of your life since the Kickstarter. Go decompress, somewhere else, at least for now.

Really, you're free. There is a whole Brad-less world for you to explore now. We'll keep at this, just as we always have. It's our duty. Your watch is over.