Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I haven't played a game in a long ass time. I've lost total interest in MMOs at this point. This sounds cheesy but they've lost that RPG feel to them.
Same. I haven't sat down and played an MMO or anything for that matter in a long-ass time for the same reason.

So whats the endgame for brad at this point?

I can't imagine he is getting much from the monthly subs + It's unlikely another donation drive or KS will bring in anything. I think at this point hes just a useless junky who knows on some level this is a gigantic failure that eviscerated his rep permanently. Yet he keeps on going living the fantasy so he doesn't have to face those facts.hard facts
Brad is Uncle Rico / Al Bundy. He's going to get "back on top" and is too self-diluted to realize his reputation is severely tarnished, not just within his industry, but across the entire spectrum of games media and enthusiasts i.e. everyone ever.

When Pantheon is gone he needs to find a real job, and game studios aren't exactly lining up to pay someone $45,000 per month for his ideas or "Vision". He will either need to go learn C# and be content with being the old guy in the office that all the fresh graduates whisper about being that "creepy old dude who tells stories of his past glory" or he will have to go find work in some completely unrelated field with pretty much the same prospects of him being known as some weird washed up has-been.
this.

I see some repetition of the Vanguard debacle in store. Brad's hiring World Builders, not knowing much about game development I would assume they design zones and place assets inside. If we whizz back in time to the Vanguard beta period I remember it was full of some nice looking and screenshot worthy areas but it ran at 2fps in some parts, was extremely underpopulated with NPCs, the combat was terrible and generally the whole game part of the game was missing, it was just a world essentially.

Rather than building some huge world Brad should make say one overland zone and maybe two or three dungeons complete and polished. Get the games core mechanics in place, trio of classes, combat, grouping, quests, and itemization to some extent. Once that's done open it up as a small alpha for a while to debug stuff and make sure the database and networking is ok.
Everquest was a success despite Bad McQuaid. Vanguard was a failure due to him. He's building a Terminus Terrain Simulator because its literally the easiest step and requires less technical prowess than implementing a combat system and just using a blank worldspace and wireframe representative stickfigure models. Start smashing Unity world assets together like a 3rd grade shoebox diorama and walk around them in your Unity asset avatar, cue up some royalty-free fantasy music, add some lens flare, tape a joint to it and hand it to anyone who'd look at it like its your high school garage band's demo tape. Read their forums, people are actually starting to bring this up as a point of concern. "Yeah its nice you're making these digital forests and all but, have you figured out what the.. you know.. actual game is like yet?What does old school experience actually mean?"

Look at Kyndread's PM's "Yeah we're working on getting necros back in." Clearly necros, in this game, is a purely theoretical concept, there is no mechanics, art, design or anything associated with them or any class, so I'm not sure how much work is required to get them "back in game" more than Brad just saying "sure,ok, they're in my vision again."

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't see why we can't get some of these guys in the Everquest forums that have worked with P99, Alkabor, etc. and team them up with the Unity people and make a loose clone of the EQ Classic and slowly roll out the expansions. I think it would make everyone happy. People are looking more for that experience with a new face and I think it should be given a fair try. I'm not saying there are millions to be made or even thousands to subscribe but, I would personally like to see EQ1 remade in Unity just for kicks. Has anyone even attempted to remake a town or zone in Unity?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't see why we can't get some of these guys in the Everquest forums that have worked with P99, Alkabor, etc. and team them up with the Unity people and make a loose clone of the EQ Classic and slowly roll out the expansions. I think it would make everyone happen. People are looking more for that experience with a new face and I think it should be given a fair try. I'm not saying there are millions to be made or even thousands to subscribed but I would personally like to see EQ1 remade in Unity just for kicks. Has anyone even attempted to remake a town or zone in Unity?
I think what this whole thing has taught me is I don't think people want EQ1 remade. Yes, they want a game that has all the same things that EQ had but I don't think most of that group (which is pretty small to begin with) want EQ with prettier graphics. I also think that despite what anyone says, people wouldn't play some small, indie game that has EQ elements. I'm not even sure such a thing is even possible, with the amount of work and money that goes into making a MMORPG. People I know would play a game that has the feel of Everquest, but there has to be something of a name behind it whether that be a dev or a studio. I think the worse thing is getting invested in something only to find out support from the creators dies out (look at early access titles).

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Pantheon great succes.

This thread has 182 pages, the marvel heroes one 168. Pantheon beating that shit hands down entertainment value wise, and it hasn't even launched.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pantheon great succes.

This thread has 182 pages, the marvel heroes one 168. Pantheon beating that shit hands down entertainment value wise, and it hasn't even launched.
If this has 182 and Wildstar has over 500+, what's that say about this forum?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I want a fantasy MMO version of this, add sandbox shit like animal taming and it'd be gold. People are digging the survivalist genre of games as of late, but zombies are getting played out.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Unfortunately this thread is entirely more fun than Marvel Heroes.
I just started it two weeks ago, after getting bored with ArcheAge. It took a little time to get used to the feel of it, but I've found it pretty damn fun blowing things up. Note that I completely ignored that the game existed before now, so all the bad press and terrible launch was lost on me. And I started with a character that had been through its review.

If this has 182 and Wildstar has over 500+, what's that say about this forum?
We like bitching more than playing.

FWIW - this is the THIRD Pantheon thread, isn't it? We'd have to add 'em all up. I'm too lazy for that though.

JonJon_sl

shitlord
Pantheon great succes.

And you forget the hundreds of pages worth of Pantheon thread that is already shawed...twice!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And you forget the hundreds of pages worth of Pantheon thread that is already shawed...twice!
Ha I was wondering when someone would pickup on that. I wanted to see people keep bombing neck beards in here using page counts as an argument.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Haven't heard back from anyone in days, the couple of PMs I got from someone on here were pretty diplomatic, I was hoping for more shitalk and lols. We'll see.