Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vitality

HUSTLE
What were you suppose to shed light on again? Brads time at SoE? I covered a lot of that. Not sure what can be added but I'm hoping it's something!
Naw he has a credible inside source on the real deets of the shit that happened to brad.

gimme gimme

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that explains the lack of deets then.

I expected brad to be somewhat edgy not THAT edgy.
I said the other stuff. He needed to be trained to work on eq and the work he did was scraped. He basically made boring quest and buggy quest. Not sure anything he did made it into the game. This Info came from SoE people

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think what this whole thing has taught me is I don't think people want EQ1 remade. Yes, they want a game that has all the same things that EQ had but I don't think most of that group (which is pretty small to begin with) want EQ with prettier graphics. I also think that despite what anyone says, people wouldn't play some small, indie game that has EQ elements. I'm not even sure such a thing is even possible, with the amount of work and money that goes into making a MMORPG. People I know would play a game that has the feel of Everquest, but there has to be something of a name behind it whether that be a dev or a studio. I think the worse thing is getting invested in something only to find out support from the creators dies out (look at early access titles).
I agree to an extent but I think it needs to be done to give people closure. I see it all the time that people would like to see or feel 1999 again. I see people post that they would just be happy with EQ with a face lift. I think it is just deserving to be done regardless of the outcome. I know this is apples and oranges but I think about it every time I hear people discuss their excitement for the Halo remastered collection. I thought about it when I played FFIV (FF2 US SNES) and other games that have simply been "upgraded" to give the fans the opportunity to play the game they knew and loved without the disappointment of aging. To me EQ was a time and the people of that time. Is a point in the industry and a feeling that had yet to be felt. You can recreate the circumstances but if nothing else, it may answer a few questions and at the same time give people an outlet of reliving a bit of nostalgia.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
One thing about the eq age we can never have back is playing on dial-up. That was pretty hardcore
Can you believe the tolerance people had back then? You think about what people went through during the EQ era... I bet all of us were scouting out the best ISP's, buying video cards or new computers, rearranging schedules, etc.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Not only was I on dial-up, but I had to share an eq account with my older brother and we played in 1 hour intervals. He deleted my characters on more than one occasion.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If this has 182 and Wildstar has over 500+, what's that say about this forum?
Rerolled(Original) = 949
Rerolled(Thread 2) = 262
Rerolled(Thread 3) = 25
This current thread (Thread 4) = 183

Total = 1419 pages of lols and counting!

*edit* Not sure why the threads aren't just merged and kept alive. It's stupid to have this whole thing broken apart in shaw of all places. There's parts of this thread that are HoF worthy too.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Rerolled(Original) = 949
Rerolled(Thread 2) = 262
Rerolled(Thread 3) = 25
This current thread (Thread 4) = 183

Total = 1419 pages of lols and counting!

*edit* Not sure why the threads aren't just merged and kept alive. It's stupid to have this whole thing broken apart in shaw of all places. There's parts of this thread that are HoF worthy too.
Probably more posts/views than the entire Pantheon site...

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Because we talked about it and there can never be any actual assurance that shit won't be fucked up and/or the entire thing just poof. IIRC Soygen tried merging a couple threads a while back and everything went to shit. Not to mention that with how stable the forums are lately that we're tripping over DATEBASE ERRORS left and right and to be frank I really wouldn't want to risk it.

When/if this thread finally ends and it's ready to be HOF'ed, we can talk about merging it then and backing up copies first. But it isn't like the two other threads hinder people in posting here, and as such, there's really no reason to bother with it now.

And that's not even getting into the possibly pending XenForo migration or whatever the fuck it will be.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
We got cable in 2002 I believe
smile.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
I got cable in 2010, had to move out of my neighbourhood, certain seattle city zoning areas haven't allowed for any curb side cable terminals yet. the fck.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had dial up and to top it off, my ISP (British Telecom) used to auto-disconnect your dial up connection every 2 hours. I wasn't the favorite main tank to have around back in those days! lol

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I had cable at least as early as April 1998. I just Google'd my old MediaOne email address and found a newsgroup posting I made back then. It was a one-way cable modem that downloaded through coax and uploaded through your phoneline.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I had AOL. On top of that, I actually had to pay an extra $20/month for a long-distance package (otherwise it was like 25 cents a minute). But I was already in college, so I just needed the dial up for summer/holiday break.