Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Say what you will about the project being a train wreck, but that video does look quite a bit better than the previous videos so at least they delivered onthatpromise. It's actually more than I expected from the team based on their experience.

I lol'ed a little bit at that one team members forum name which was "Christisking" spelled backwards.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh... The video I put together months ago is magnitudes better than this. The content is much updated and there is a lot more of it, but whoever did their video editing and scene shots is terrible.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
As far as unity assets go, I don't mind all that much if they use that stuff as long as they don't continue to try to pass it off as their own development work. Adding the animations was probably their work though and I agree with the above poster that the female still looks entirely unnatural. Aradune's looked more natural but not there yet. Its a whole lot better though than watching that necromancer run like a 2 legged centipede.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure EQ looked / played better than this.... and that came out how long ago... wtf... (okok it looks a LITTLE BETTER THAN EQ)

Is this what we get when the head guy is all fucked up on drugs that this would have even been good 15 years ago...

yeah graphics / animations aren't everything but... godamn is this game awful, they did manage to capure that aspect of EQ, it sure does look like EQ did.

iannis

Musty Nester
After watching 1 minute of it and neither being sickened or impressed I have to ask, and I'm not being snide about it, are there any sequences in the entire thing which are more than a 3-5 second zoom shot pasted into the next 3-5 second zoom shot? No matter how bad it is for the remaining 7 minutes it is still more than anything Brad has done so far. By default that's progress.

And yeah. Chat scrollbar needed to go. Big white box at the top needed to go. Empty hotkeys needed to go. I can forgive that in so far as they wanted to provide a no-bullshot honest look at how the UI overlays the screen. That's honest and I can respect that.

But a pastiche of zoom shots is not a game. It is a castle. For what it is I'm not outraged. But it ain't much, guys.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
You should watch more just for the beautiful sunset montage of Aradune running along the beach being chased by a skeleton.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It's considerably better than we have previously been shown and it's evident they have put work into the game..I have to give it that much.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Or they made a demo video of small bits of running through their environments, similar to the fake demo they made to try and scam Microsoft during the VG development. I personally am more put off at how the layouts are mostly direct lifts from other games.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
OMG GOD BLESS EVERYTHING. Have not watch it yet, will edit in real time.

First observation, this.

rrr_img_78687.png

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
So is the goal of this new video to grab an investor?

(Or will this be the main vid for new KS or whatever its called)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I am surprised at how much has been accomplished. Sure, it's not great but it's a lot more work than I thought Brad ever had in him. Even if the totality of his work was just the few minutes spent in the demo.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Flex I noticed the caveman, too. Couldn't tell how goofy he looked until your pic. Hopefully their homemade art continues to wow us in the same way cavedick and fuzzy troll did.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I just got a kickstarter email that reads like pantheon: greatest hits. All of your favorites, including:

-"we're in full-on production mode"
-Help us crowd-source
-Donate directly to our paypal (I thought you couldn't do this with kickstarter?)
-Are you an accredited investor or know one?

As well as new hits like,
"We have a complete Business Plan put together and can make it available to interested parties. "

Video is an improvement, I suppose.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That new hit is actually a classic. The business plan has been around for a while. Was that actually part of the Kickstarter update? Someone I know texted me about it and said "really still pretending this is a thing huh?" I think most backers forgot Pantheon existed.