Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Brad thought he could just show up. He really didn't want to earn it. He's forced to earn it now. Amazing how that works...
That is kind of the impression I got at the onset of this as well. Brad thought he could just say "I'm Brad. I'm making another MMO. Shower me with cash." when the reality is his name doesn't pull any clout anymore and is seen as toxic if he is overseeing an entire operation. I think with a better Kickstarter and a management structure in place where Brad wasn't the judge, jury and executioner it could have succeeded.

Bruman

Golden Squire
That is kind of the impression I got at the onset of this as well. Brad thought he could just say "I'm Brad. I'm making another MMO. Shower me with cash." when the reality is his name doesn't pull any clout anymore and is seen as toxic if he is overseeing an entire operation. I think with a better Kickstarter and a management structure in place where Brad wasn't the judge, jury and executioner it could have succeeded.
Everything about that Kickstarter was wrong. There was honestly no saving it. Brad McQuaid definitely got some hype train going, but he also carries a lot of negative clout too. The team he had put together was 90% "idea guys", with like 2 actual engineers. Sure, when your game is big, you can get a lot more of the "idea" guys, but starting out, you have to have more engineers to get the basic software up and going to show people. They're the ones who actually create. And the half the people in their KS video looked like they were taking a nap. It was just terrible all around.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whoever EQ has right now is just as bad. The latest cover art for their expansion makes me want to punch someone in the face. It's near disrespectful the artwork Keith provided them for all those years. They could have at least hired someone comparable.
Fun fact, the art director for EQNext is the same art director for the original EverQuest.
frown.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosierappaport

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's talking about the EQ expansion cover art each year, which by and large are pretty hard to look at.
I just was throwing it all in the ditch.
wink.png

The expansion art never was good post Keith, how could it? He was an iconic fantasy artist. He was one of the reasons I was so excited for Vanguard early on. Fuck Cancer.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
FV looks like a potato-faced down syndrome woman in a wig who had a double mastectomy, its horrible.

dark elf looks like a transgendered, balding, and blue Benjamin Netanyahu

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's not even that they're bad looking per say. Just fucking.. average? I look at them and all I feel is "meh."

Keith was fucking Godly.