Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is the one thread I can always count on to come back to life every few months...Good stuff.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've known that for a while that I had outlived my usefulness I suppose. He definitely favored Joppa far more than me in the last few months. But Joppa was getting results so it makes sense. Its kind of like the sith, you want the strongest person as your apprentice.
Someone phone Bisi. We need some Brad Sith Lord shoops!

Reht

Molten Core Raider
What was it like working with Sparkling?
rrr_img_92143.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is left over from BJ (before Joppa)but after AS(after sparkling)? Was everything scrapped??

Reht

Molten Core Raider
While you said it's pretty much smoke and mirrors, boring as fuck and has no substance, you also stated that it isn't broken and that they are making progress albeit at a slow pace. The game isn't even close to being in alpha yet and many of us here have probably participated in true old school alpha tests and most of what you said regarding Pantheon could be said of many if not most of those games at that stage of their development. They obviously have a client with some systems in it.

So how is it smoke and mirrors? Are they faking any of the systems that we have been shown, such as combat? Were the systems shown a remnant of the original team or implemented by the new team or both?

Raidan_EQ_sl

shitlord
Wouldn't happen. But no I wouldn't. He is Brad's closest confidant and partner in this. I was never at that level.
So I made it late to this party, I know nothing of the behind the scenes drama (if any exists which it appears it finally doesn't) but I do know you have /ragequit your position at least twice, and I'm pretty sure three times since the start of the forums - the first time deleting sections of the forums. Hard to take your word as truth as you appear to become butthurt fairly easily. If anything, after your second or third time of leaving, you shouldn't have been let back as a moderator/developer.

Regardless of the forward progress of the game, the best thing the 3rd team has done is to present themselves as professional, something I've never seen you do - especially here on these forums. I would imagine your feelings were hurt more due to not being part of the inner circle than anything else.

And, I'm glad that you say Joppa is anal - if someone was creating an MMO, I would want at least one Type A personality on the team managing the project - someone needs to have it moving forward. Not everyone can be idea guys.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, I was expecting something more. We knew what they had was cobbled together at best. We knew it was volunteers. We knew Joppa was trying to "right the ship" - him being anal and treating it like A Real Thing goes together.

I thought maybe we'd get some "Brad got volunteers to pay him regular paychecks", "The videos were actually some other project", and "Brad and Sparkling are lovers, and Nittrix was their son/daughter" shit going on.

Bruman-junior is now flaccid again.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Kyn, from what you're saying, it sounds like joppa killed the feel-good chill vibe and is expecting more from volunteers. You say smoke and mirrors, but that it's actually progressing now? That doesn't sound all that damning to me, honestly. We're gonna need juicer deets.

"Brad got volunteers to pay him regular paychecks"
I wouldn't even be mad at that news, I think I would accept brad as god-king of the grift and try and learn his ways.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Kyn, from what you're saying, it sounds like joppa killed the feel-good chill vibe and is expecting too much from volunteers. You say smoke and mirrors, but that it's actually progressing now? That doesn't sound all that damning to me, honestly. We're gonna need juicer deets.
That's exactly what i was thinking, it sounds like they have made some forward progress.