Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Can't see any reason not to hope the game will make it. If it takes 5 years and they deliver on 25% of the promises using 100% assets from unity store, it would still be better than any other MMO currently on the market.

Far as art, its only one screenshot, but if the game looks half as good asthis, I would be more than satisfied. Beats the pants off most of the other games being developed in Unity.
Cant see any reason to hope it comes out either. As Popsicle has ably mentioned a few times...there really isn't anything to see here. Might as well hope to be 19 again and in EQ because that's just as likely as this getting anywhere past UnityRPG weekly gaming night for the Pantheon 'developers'.

Tol_sl

shitlord
What you sad sacks want is a time machine, not this piece of shit to ever be released.
Brad Mcquaid stands in a parking lot in front of a Delorian with a GAMRGOD license plate. "Oh my god, they found me. I don't know how but the kickstarters found me. They wanted me to make them a game, so I took their money and, in turn, gave them a shoddy casing full of recycled unity assets.." As Mcquaid is gunned down by the entire population of the pantheon forums riding together in a minivan, you jump into the car and notice the dashboard is set to 1999. You put the pedal to the metal and once you hit 88 MPH there is a flash of light. Suddenly your surroundings change and you nearly run over an enchanter medding up at orc1. You're in our world now.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
this right there.

I remember the days when i would hear about a new MMO coming out, I would be all over the info trying to dig up as much as i can about it. That shit is just an afterthought for me now. I barely even bother. I think in this whole fucking MMO section on this forum i have visited maybe 5-6 threads total, and 2 of them (planetside 2 and H1Z1) aren't even really mmo's.
Most of them aren't MMOs. They're multiplayer games with cash shops. This industry has cannibalized itself, and it's objectively awful.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
You know there's government investigations into possible lawsuits for fraudulent Kickstarter fund usage. They just started happening.
US tackles crowdfunding man who spent money on himself - BBC News

US regulators have taken legal action against a man who spent money raised via Kickstarter on himself.

In 2012, Erik Chevalier raised more than $122,000 (?79,000) to make a board game called The Doom That Came to Atlantic City.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) said much of the money raised went on rent, personal equipment and moving expenses.

In a settlement, Mr Chevalier agreed to honour refunds and to be honest in any future crowdfunding projects.

The legal action is believed to be the first against someone who misrepresented crowdfunding projects or misappropriated funds.

The Kickstarter appeal sought only to raise $35,000 but far exceeded this target because of the involvement of prominent game-makers and artists, said the FTC in a statement...

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
It's a good thing pantheon's kickstarter failed then or brad would be in deep shit right now.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still fail to see how this applies to Pantheon, not one single penny came from them...not one. Are you being deliberately obtuse? Are you just ignoring the facts so you can continue to lambast someone you dont like?

I mean if so then more power to you, what ever floats your boat I guess
Do you really fucking think this only applies to crowdfudning that uses kickstarter?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Do you really fucking think this only applies to crowdfudning that uses kickstarter?
Whatever it is it doesn't apply to Brad McFuckingQuaid! The GamerGod himself doesn't fuck up, he does the fucking up (primarily of either pill bottles or employees he sees in parking lots).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whatever it is it doesn't apply to Brad McFuckingQuaid! The GamerGod himself doesn't fuck up, he does the fucking up (primarily of either pill bottles or employees he sees in parking lots).
It's fucking amazing. He steals their money and they still fucking go out of their way to defend him.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
Far as art, its only one screenshot, but if the game looks half as good asthis, I would be more than satisfied.
That screenshot is like a girl on an internet dating website taking a picture of herself at the most favorable possible angle to avoid showing her double chin.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
With engines like Unity around, someone could make an EQ style game on a modest budget. It should honestly be getting cheaper and cheaper to do.

But Brad being the guy to do it? Lets just say I'm... Hoping for the best but expecting the worst?

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
That screenshot is like a girl on an internet dating website taking a picture of herself at the most favorable possible angle to avoid showing her double chin.
I believe that screenshot was taken as an "after" shot at the same angle as the before shot to show how the look of the game changed with Unity 5 and incorporating the new atmospheric concept art.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
With engines like Unity around, someone could make an EQ style game on a modest budget. It should honestly be getting cheaper and cheaper to do.

But Brad being the guy to do it? Lets just say I'm... Hoping for the best but expecting the worst?
I think you are right, but the downside is that only a very few people seem interested in making an EQ style game. Brad just happens to be one of them. I'm perfectly fine playing a niche game with a small population though. I like what Chris Perkins is doing for the project and I'll remain cautiously optimistic until given a reason not to be. It doesn't cost me anything to be hopeful about the game. Despite his checkered tenure with Sigil and Microsoft, in my opinion the class design in Vanguard and EQ have been second to none. I look forward to seeing the class design in Pantheon.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
in my opinion the class design in Vanguard and EQ have been second to none. I look forward to seeing the class design in Pantheon.
From everything we've been told about Vanguard Brad has exactly fuck all to do with the entire game, let alone class design. There also seem to be some questions about his level of involvement with the development of EQ (ignoring the fact he seems to have ripped off the mechanics nearly wholesale from some MUD).

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
You haven't been given any reason to not be optimistic yet? Really?
I could have been clearer with that statement. After the initial implosion, I did not believe the game would ever see the light of day. I stopped following it for a bit, but started again during the sparkling era because it was pretty entertaining with all that drama. After Chris took over, I was pleasantly surprised with what was being shown so I am now cautiously optimistic. I will remain so until given a reason not to be. Its a more recent state of mind, and I did not mean to imply that Pantheon had never done anything to shake my faith in it.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
From everything we've been told about Vanguard Brad has exactly fuck all to do with the entire game, let alone class design. There also seem to be some questions about his level of involvement with the development of EQ (ignoring the fact he seems to have ripped off the mechanics nearly wholesale from some MUD).
I have heard that too, so I don't really know how much he had to do with the class design. I'm hoping the class releases coming soon will be innovative, like the disciple, and bloodmage. A lot of the traditional classes of Vanguard had interesting takes on them as well. I loved the Necro pet grafting system.