Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I remember once I spouted out an unpopular opinion about MMOs and a horde of insecure neck beards went nuts. I even received this Avatar and "Registered Idiot" title as a trophy. Why is an opinion so scary for them, I don't understand. Accept that not everyone agrees with you and move on. Yes, I understand it's funny to call other names once in awhile and I do enjoy this forum because of it (even when it's against me) the comedy here is beautiful but sometimes it just gets ridiculous and uncalled for. *shrugs*
It is never uncalled for my little stripling.

Now find me a pic so I can make a meme for you.

Its just everyone being fired in the parking lot after blowing through 50 million Microsoft mega bucks guys.
Its just a kickstarter flop guys.
Its just 45 grand stolen from the backers on the premise of potential future riches falling from the sky thanks to an unnamed benefactor that never followed through, guys.
Its just an almost modern website guys.
Its just pre-pre-pre alpha and update videos that never appears, guys.
All you low T beta male cuckolds are just losers, guys!

Its literally Vanguard all over again, except even more pathetic and even less chance of the game actually ever being completed.
This. It's never been a lack of enjoyment of Brad-related projects (Everquest and even Vanguard to a certain extent), but a woeful acknowledgement of wasted opportunity (especially with regard to Vanguard) and a valid question of McQuaid's ability as a project leader/manager in the aftermath of Sigil's failure including the infamous parking lot incident and the horrendous handling of the Kickstarter for Pantheon.

It's not like the guy has had shitty ideas - it's that his execution and implementation for his projects have been seriously mishandled up to this point. Obviously not his strong suit (and usually isn't of the creative types). If he's aware of this fact get the right people in those positions and stick to concepts and development.

The fact that the guy can come up with some great ideas for MMOs (EQ, Vanguard's classes, hell, I'll even mention group harvesting and diplomacy from Vanguard - brilliant elements in my opinion) makes this all the more frustrating, and it's become the reason why people are so pissed as seeing such potential go down the drain.

I seriously hope the majority of the board is wrong on our bets, and we get something that is a spiritual successor to EQ, and what VG should have been. That being said, the skepticism of the board is certainly justified.

Brad, if you happen to read this, I genuinely wish you and your team the best, and sincerely hope you (and even other developers) can prove us wrong.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy fuck this is hillairous. The neckbeards in this thread are the people praying for this game to come out, not the people making fun of it. I think we made some bitches cry. Why don't you pussies fucking man up for once in your life and be like Convo. We have been taking shots at him for a year now and he takes it and gives it back.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I dont think the 'haters' are the ones spouting hate. Bisi has been cracking me up the past few days and every ounce of ridicule is based off some facts. The white knights are the ones hating on differing opinions. When the hell did criticism even relate to virginity? Someone needs some dick(?) in their lives I guess? If you don't think a guy who's been a pretty huge failure since 2002 deserves some criticism, then you better have lots of people on ignore.

Brad makes really shitty games. Sure, the concepts are awesome, some of the actual play is awesome, and the guy can sell shit to a retard pretty easily. But the games...damn they are buggy messes. Vanguard didn't play well for years. Hell, people were bragging it worked just fine right before it went under...SEVEN years later! Wow, the game finally fucking worked! Thank you Brad....oh yeah, you were long gone.

This guy wasted $50 Mill+ on Vanguard. His time with EQ saw shitty CS, tons of bugs that weren't fixed, and a host of issues that gave Blizzard the opening it needed. So, now we think he can make a game with no real funding? Since when?

I don't mind what he's shown so far but he's never shown an ability to get a solidgamereleased without major issues ever. The guy just now released a decent website. This was a primary concern to get investors and it took a year to not look like shit. If you can't handle the Brad criticism, he does have a forum that is all Convo type talk. I know I wouldn't put a penny into anything Brad makes until it has been released for quite a while.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I just don't care what he did. I don't want to buy Brad's virginity, just his video games.
How do you not care what he's done with this game so far, when what you care about is the game? If you wanted to buy his video game you'd also want him to stop doing things like stealing funds from the project and shitting the bed on the Kickstarter.

In conclusion: you're the one making it personal because you want Brad to take your re-constructed trans virginity.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
ahhh. so many infractions

mCctiKA.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
After you excavate for a week or two with the same pair of gloves, then you smell them, the smell is very similar to what I imagine a glove used to fist a dirty butthole smells like.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish I wasn't so busy to enjoy this exchange. Saw the pope today. He said God Bless everything. Pantheon on!

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I don't check in here very often, but that dude was a riot. Actually thought his opinion mattered. Hehe.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Who else was online with me when the really drunk dev from pantheon came here and started posting? That was the pinnacle of pantheon thread enjoyment.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Its just everyone being fired in the parking lot after blowing through 50 million Microsoft mega bucks guys.
Its just a kickstarter flop guys.
Its just 45 grand stolen from the backers on the premise of potential future riches falling from the sky thanks to an unnamed benefactor that never followed through, guys.
Its just an almost modern website guys.
Its just pre-pre-pre alpha and update videos that never appears, guys.
All you low T beta male cuckolds are just losers, guys!

Its literally Vanguard all over again, except even more pathetic and even less chance of the game actually ever being completed.
Who gives a shit.. I don't get why anyone cares about brad and what he has been involved in business wise... or what the truth is behind all of it.

If these guys release a game, i will play it. I don't care about all that other stuff... this shit goes on in the business world every damn day.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who gives a shit.. I don't get why anyone cares about brad and what he has been involved in business wise... or what the truth is behind all of it.

If these guys release a game, i will play it. I don't care about all that other stuff... this shit goes on in the business world every damn day.
Exactly my thoughts.
Though I doubt if Pantheon is ever going to be released. I called this project a scam on this forum since the kickstarter campaign.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
How do you not care what he's done with this game so far, when what you care about is the game? If you wanted to buy his video game you'd also want him to stop doing things like stealing funds from the project and shitting the bed on the Kickstarter.

In conclusion: you're the one making it personal because you want Brad to take your re-constructed trans virginity.
He admitted the mistake, but frankly I'd still rather see the guy behind the game pay his bills and continue making the game, even if it meant going it alone until he put together a new team. If you really thought a few grand was keeping industry veterans on long term without kickstarter or vc, you are kidding yourself. I'd consider it a greater disservice for the project be sacrificed to keep self proclaimed "pro-bono" developers happy than for them to leave and Brad to carry on.

Looks like I was right.

But by all means, continue on in your self-righteous judgments. Either way I find this thread amusing, especially when the flaming and circle-jerking increases proportionately with Pantheon's progress. The rustle is real.