Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm okay with them trying for better writing. I remember at some point in Vanguard one of the devs was talking about how he just sort of randomly got selected to be a quest writer because it was seen as something anyone could do. Good writing is hard, though, which is why it's so often so shitty. Not that I think Pantheon will ever have anything resembling good writing, but gotta at least try?

kudos

<Banned>
I'm okay with them trying for better writing. I remember at some point in Vanguard one of the devs was talking about how he just sort of randomly got selected to be a quest writer because it was seen as something anyone could do. Good writing is hard, though, which is why it's so often so shitty. Not that I think Pantheon will ever have anything resembling good writing, but gotta at least try?
Oh please... Writing quests in a fantasy MMO is hardly something a high school level English course couldn't take care of. Honestly, give someone a stack of the more popular fantasy books throughout history and let them read and then write away. It will probably be better than any of this bullshit things like WoW churn out.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Oh please... Writing quests in a fantasy MMO is hardly something a high school level English course couldn't take care of. Honestly, give someone a stack of the more popular fantasy books throughout history and let them read and then write away. It will probably be better than any of this bullshit things like WoW churn out.

Saying you could churn out something better than WoW doesn't mean it's easy to write good quests and good lore. Any writing of merit is an extremely difficult endeavor. However, in a MMO, no matter how good the writing is most people skip over it anyway, so wasting a bunch of time and resources on quality writing is useless. Most people simply scroll through just to get the quest and the next objective. Even if you made it where someone had to pay attention to what the quest giver was saying in order to get the clues for what to do and where to go next, within a few days it would be posted all over the internet and no one would bother to pay attention anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well, they got the guy who made Avatar a household name so Brad is reeling in top talent faster than a fuzzy troll eats hamburgers. I've now adjusted my release date to August 2025. Shaved a solid 2 years with this hire. .

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
Saying you could churn out something better than WoW doesn't mean it's easy to write good quests and good lore. Any writing of merit is an extremely difficult endeavor. However, in a MMO, no matter how good the writing is most people skip over it anyway, so wasting a bunch of time and resources on quality writing is useless. Most people simply scroll through just to get the quest and the next objective. Even if you made it where someone had to pay attention to what the quest giver was saying in order to get the clues for what to do and where to go next, within a few days it would be posted all over the internet and no one would bother to pay attention anyway.
Except the books are fucking trash too.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Oh please...

If it were so easy fantasy writing wouldn't suck so badly. And the fact it generally does suck is a poor excuse to keep sucking.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They have a lore section in their forums but it's mainly old lore i think, from VHalen and his "Lore Four". They built a lore library last year, called the Keeper's Vault (lore from the new dude, was supposed to have concept art, etc. too), but it appears to be DOA.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Oh please...

If it were so easy fantasy writing wouldn't suck so badly. And the fact it generally does suck is a poor excuse to keep sucking.

Meh. I can write better shit in my sleep than some of these people. Especially some of the WoW neckbeards. If you get the thumbs up from Blizzard (as to whether it's canon), you're good to go. Pump out whatever trash you want. Wanna have a paragraph long run-on sentence? Hey, buddy, you're good! Wanna have something so convoluted that it would take an average reader six times reading than should be expected? Hey buddy, alright! And most of those people that write that shit are good friends with people out there at Blizzard already. It's all a sham to scam money off'a these people.

I mean, heh, take a good hard look at Blizzard today and tell me that they don't have any money to hire good writers, either for their games or for their books? No, they'll accept whatever trash is thrown at them, as long as they know somebody.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
A daddy troll made love to a mommy bear and that's how fuzzy trolls entered the world of Pantheon.

• 2Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It was a warm afternoon when Ron entered the nursery, looking for young computer developers to help him realize his dream of creating a ground breaking video game. Chad and his partner Reeve caught Ron's attention with their original game WarLizard and it's sophmore follow up Warlizard: Part Deux. After talking to the two hungry and aspiring programmers over a plate of Mozzeralla sticks, Ron offered offered the two the chance to be the first members of the team tasked with developing his dream project NeverRest...........

To be continued...........doubtfully

• 2Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That's shit. You need to spice up the names for any REAL fantasy lore.

Ron = Rah'lelli'tho''n
Chad = Chad'bolket'hma'kanond'anthi'n
Reeve = Reva'nthc'bv'aon's

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider

Ron = Rah'lelli'tho''n
Yeah, you got me there.........i thought i was on to something, maybe enough to start a kickstarter with. Does this help?
how-to-draw-puff-the-magic-dragon-step-1_1_000000002661_5.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Ron = Rah'lelli'tho''n

Damn, so a pantheon developer has been here all along and Convo didn't tell us? That fucking dick.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
A group of Logfroks (frog bros) invaded the city of Nobb and took over the place. Shitlord Gutka reigned over it until Phallus Zek led an army of Ogres and overtook the already overtaken lands, calling the new city Fl'og'rim'ma'r.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm.

Dandelion, Chancellor of the Order of the Lore Four, and his barbarian companion, Grobbnuts, prepare to raid the Temple of Low Expectations. The mystical Flaming Blade of EQRangerGuy supposedly lies forgotten in one of the many rooms of this dreadful place. Most believe this mystical blade to be myth but as a follower of Bradidune, Dandy believes. Bradidune, God of Thieves, is well known for his expectations of his followers. You must believe that he is all powerful and knows best. You must also donate freely of all your goods. He is a jealous god and his wrath is a terrible thing to behold(so it is said). It was once said that the first fuzzy troll was created in a rage during a party in his basement..err dungeon.

Please donate $10 to hear more of this exciting story! Will Dandy and his Grobbnuts find the blade? Find out today!

kudos

<Banned>
Hmmm.

Dandelion, Chancellor of the Order of the Lore Four, and his barbarian companion, Grobbnuts, prepare to raid the Temple of Low Expectations. The mystical Flaming Blade of EQRangerGuy supposedly lies forgotten in one of the many rooms of this dreadful place. Most believe this mystical blade to be myth but as a follower of Bradidune, Dandy believes. Bradidune, God of Thieves, is well known for his expectations of his followers. You must believe that he is all powerful and knows best. You must also donate freely of all your goods. He is a jealous god and his wrath is a terrible thing to behold(so it is said). It was once said that the first fuzzy troll was created in a rage during a party in his basement..err dungeon.

Please donate $10 to hear more of this exciting story! Will Dandy and his Grobbnuts find the blade? Find out today!
Microtransactional lore. The next gaming frontier.

• 1Like