Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
On Bertox it was mostly this way. In the Kunark era, certain places like UGuk and SolA were pretty empty. LGuk and SolB were packed to the gills constantly.

I remember hitting Dalnir hard for a while with my guild because the Amulet of Superiority dropped there. When it was nerfed we abandoned it. But it had some nice monk pieces like the fighting baton and some other shit I. But it was remote and annoying to get there... and very far away from the general traffic through Kunark which stops a lot of places from being used even IF they have decent itemization.

I loved Nurga and Droga but again. Only a few items of note there and even in peak Kunark you wouldn't find too many players in Frontier Mountains to group with if you didn't have a Guild to convince to go there. Chardok was a lot of fun but also a ghost town most of the time.

During Kunark the player traffic was always Karnors, Seb and City of Mist to a lesser degree. Chardok a while later.

Droga had the CoS and Locket of Escape but all the mobs fucking harmtouched and had a million HP.

Dalnir was actually just a zone away from Cabalis but again the entire zone was filled with casters and the pathing sucked so people just farmed Giants in WW.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I enjoyed the social aspect of EQ, including the drama that came along with it. It was often what got me to log in when I knew we had nothing to do. I played the game first I guess, in your regard. But EQ would have been a god awful solo experience.

YOU PIECE OF SHIT
(wanna join my Pantheon guild?)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Strange that people saw empty dungeons. I played on two different servers, and there were always people in the old world dungeons. Even after Velious all of the best item and xp spots usually had people. Of course, on rallos people were always looking for spots off the beaten path, and Tarew marr just had a ton of people on it.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I started playing after kunark, and I remember there always being people in vanilla dungeons/camps plus the "traditional" kunark leveling zones.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Prexus was also very active in the old world dungeons even during Velious. Must've been a lot of slow-leveling soccer moms.

• 1Like

Raign

Golden Squire
Its funny because in all of the legacy servers I have played, the opposite is true. Most people were camping the dungeons, not the outside shit zones, but this is in a different era, with no corpse runs, no death penalty, probably a 100% increase in exp.

I am sure a lot of this is awareness too. I had no idea what zone zem was nor the impact it had untill very late back in classic. I knew the zones that had the gear I wanted so I would frequent those or hit the zones with good mob density. Fast forward to the p99 crowd and most of them already have gear as most of the server is on second and third characters, so it is all about levelling efficently. Things like zem are much more known now so that pushes people to gravitate to the befallen - guk - hhk - sol a critcal path.

I don't think i have seen anything on a zem like structure in Pantheon yet, has there been any discussion on it from The McQuaid?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
You could rez the same corpse multiple times with two clerics or maybe that was the duel and rez bug. I cant quite remember the specifics. I just remember the time period based off us finishing an OS key for someone in the guild and boosting him up to 60 at the entrance of OS. Not cause we didnt give a fk, but because it was so early into the expac that barely anyone was coming there.

click as many rez boxes as you can before you zone was the trick

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Prexus was also very active in the old world dungeons even during Velious. Must've been a lot of slow-leveling soccer moms.

Insert that Prexus video about the Dain.

"Oh Prexus Prexus"

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Haha! "Oops! We Poofed Dain Again!" One of my good friends did the singing in that video. Monk named Penrod.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of rezzing, how many guides here would drag their corpse on their play server to the safe zone in any particular zone they died for a free 100% rez and petition and say they "Died to a bug" :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of rezzing, how many guides here would drag their corpse on their play server to the safe zone in any particular zone they died for a free 100% rez and petition and say they "Died to a bug" :)

Rofl. I played Cleric so this was never an issue. But I'd heard of people doing this.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I was a Guide on Povar during vanilla and Kunark, but got kicked out for posting on the ShowEQ board on sourceforge. It was under a different account name, so was never quite sure how they knew it was me.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I used to go /hideme, take control of one of those little rowboats at the AC OOT camp, and start driving it all around whoever was camping. One guy shouted out to the zone that there was a haunted rowboat and everyone needed to see it and try to kill it.

Those GM events were hilarious. I was once made a giant cockatrice named "Big Bird", and I went to OT and it took 60 people to bring me down for 3 EE Bags. I randomly killed 45 people before the entire server converged on my ass.

• 2Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
We did a GM event where we were all sand giants in Oasis. Was pretty cool to run around and beat the shit out of players.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
We did a GM event where we were all sand giants in Oasis. Was pretty cool to run around and beat the shit out of players.

You guys ever do the one where you were in west commons as two hill giants going at it via one on one battle with a gnome referee? That was a fun one.

• 2Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Haha! "Oops! We Poofed Dain Again!" One of my good friends did the singing in that video. Monk named Penrod.

Juravial from Domus Divinae was a fuckface. Hoffene was a great pal.

If nasir wasn't such a headcase, KTF would of died by Stasis.

Fallen Alliance should of recruited more zerglings and they would be beating on KTF hard too.

IV was pretty damn massive for awhile, I think that was the guild that combined all the aussies and then ended up going to Stormhammer lead by Backalley right?

I almost got kicked out of unity. Laladar (mage) and I (rng) were duoing in BoT stealing people's nameds. We would wait for them to pop, or others to spawn them, and we would straight up pull it & charm kill with charmed elementals.

Laladar ended up getting kicked out, but since I was a ranger, most people didn't think I did shit. I pulled all of it, and the dude was MAD upset i didn't get booted too, lol.