Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
For now, once it racks up enough high profile failures (I'm looking at you Star Citizen) the thumb screws will most likely get tightened on Kickstarter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't see that happening. KS isn't 'racking up' failures and it never claimed to be a financial service, ever. KS is a site for people to create a campaign to raise money. It's an official "Ice Bucket Challenge" website.

Not sure why anyone thinks it's the responsibility of KS as a company to ensure you didn't just throw your money at a fire. All of this is in the website ToS and it makes no claim at being anything other than a social networking service.

The only way I see KS folding is if people wise up and stop using it to give companies that couldn't secure actual investment funds some money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
KS wasn't even legal until the SEC changed their rules in 2015. If the SEC gets enough complaints they could revise those rules at the drop of a hat depending on who's in control at the time. KS lives in that same ugly area as Net Neutrality since there is nothing in actual law protecting them they suffer the whims of political gamesmanship.

• 1Solidarity

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Looking into it more I'm a bit off. The 2015 change was aimed more at "real" investors (Think that Fig.co platform) under the JOBS act and not aimed John Q Public and Kickstarters fake "donation" platform. I can't find anything on regulations of "dotantions". I still very much believe that Kickstarter has a regulatory skullfucking waiting gleefully in it's future after enough people get sick of getting fucked over by frauds.

• 1Solidarity

Reht

Molten Core Raider
The thing is, even if SC folds, it's really not that much of a KS issue when you consider that the vast majority of their money came from post KS web sales.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ok... so time for my check in. From what i'm reading, please are getting pretty riled up over Pre-Alpha access happening soon? Possibly this fall/winter?

I guess we are all in agreement this thing will release... right? Outside of the streams they have been running... do we have any other insight on the gameplay or is it all still really early?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How is "pre-alpha" access a thing? They signing people up to become developers?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anything to make a buck... People have been dangling so many levels of testing phases at the end of the stick for awhile now. It's really kind of silly but i'm guessing people are putting the cash down on the table for it so i'm not sure who is truly ignorant.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ok... so time for my check in. From what i'm reading, please are getting pretty riled up over Pre-Alpha access happening soon? Possibly this fall/winter?

I guess we are all in agreement this thing will release... right? Outside of the streams they have been running... do we have any other insight on the gameplay or is it all still really early?

I'd be pretty shocked if they began pre-alpha in 2017.

kudos

<Banned>
Kickstarteris a donation site.
Are you new to Pantheon discussion? That's exactly what they are doing. People are *paying* to develop a game.

• 1Like

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure they've been trying to launch pre-alpha for the last 2 years. I think the reason they've pushed it off was because they were successful in funding the game which meant they could fix it up and build it out more. Just guessing, but if I had the resources to improve something before revealing it, even to the most devout of fans, I would use that money to improve it and produce more content to actually be tested.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

L2 Apprentice Developer Bro.

After the failstarter happened they decided to scam in other ways.

Keiiek is correct, a $14.99 subscription not only gives you access to the Apprentice Developer forums but it also accumulates and once a pledge tier is reached, you get that pledge. So it can be a great way to "save up" for a pledge that may be too high for you to pay for in a lump sum.

Pantheon Forums - question on subscription plans

Pantheon Forums - Apprentice Developer's Subforum Structure

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I hope they know wtf they are doing with this faction and detective/lore reveal system. It sounds like they know what they are doing with it but I hope they also know at this point they have exactly enough rope to hang themselves lol.

This whole futuristic world/AI stuff is exactly what sunk EQ Next. News flash: you don't have enough funding to revolutionize the genre.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Remember Vanguard? Brad has always over promised and under delivered.

My gaming buddies I loved Vanguard as shitty as it was and I'm raiding Pantheon with the same group of people if it ever comes out. We will almost play anything with raids though so its not saying much.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wish I had no standards in the games I play. I might be less bored.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I miss raiding with Krassus and his one liners. "im allergic to Jerry's Kids and broke women".

• 1Solidarity