Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Absolutely fucking wrong. Gonna raise the bullshit flag to full mast on your stupidity too.

The truck that needs a new set of tires == every box that can run a Unity client.

The available tire choices == every single game in existence that is capable of being run on every box that can run a Unity client.
Okay, and we're talking about games available that we actually want to play. If other games are suitable for you, great! Not everybody feels the same way. Therefore, we're taking a risk on Pantheon.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Okay, and we're talking about games available that we actually want to play. If other games are suitable for you, great! Not everybody feels the same way. Therefore, we're taking a risk on Pantheon.
Which you have no idea if it'll actually be something you want to play, other than some empty promises so far.

The main issue isn't so much that you're investing early into a game, that's mostly fine. The main issue is you're investing a stupid amount of money for no actual tangible benefit, even if the game releases in a good state. See as much as Star Citizen is bullshit, they're at least selling special spaceships and places and whatever the fuck they're selling, you're buying a specific thing for that money. Anything above the 100$ Pantheon pack is basically buying nothing with the additional money.

100$ gets you 2 copies of the game, which is fair enough. For 50$ more you get a ring and 5 item renaming vouchers? Like this is the kind of shit you get for free for preordering. Also points to potential microtransactions on top of a sub right from the get go, hmm that sounds like great design for your hardcore old school mmo. For 100$ more, you get a whooping 3months sub, or 30$. 250$ more and you get a postcard and a cloth map, that's like 5times the price of Collector Edition jump on a normal game. 500$ more and you get another whooping 3months sub. After that it gets even more retarded. That puts alpha and prealpha access prices in the "I'm really fucking stupid" realm.

There isn't even cool collector goodies like a statue, T shirt, posters and other shit, it's just a cloth map and a postcard, that wouldn't even pass for a collector edition normally, that's like 1st print rewards/day 1 edition stuff. There isn't cool ingame rewards like a fancy looking mount or a house or whatever, it's a few items, a vanity pet and some renaming item vouchers(again, what the fuck is that supposed to be and why should they sell these?). You don't get a lot of sub time either, it's not like lotro which back in the day had those 250$ founder packs with lifetime subs in them which would pay for themselves eventually. No here, unless you're spending 10k$, you get a measly 6months of sub. Like how do they not give lifetime subs for anyone paying more than 500$ is fucking stupid.

In the end, they're banking on people being so fucking thirsty they'll pay 1k just to get access to pre alpha. Assuming pre alpha is what pre alpha should be, that means some buggy unfinished mess that'll probably crash constantly, without 24/7 server uptime(more like 4hours every week testing if that). And I don't mean that because the game is bad or whatever, that's what pre alpha is even in good games.

As I said before, the pricing is retarded, even if we assumed this was going to be a great game. And that's a big fucking assumption to do so far.

• 9Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Dullahan

Which you have no idea if it'll actually be something you want to play, other than some empty promises so far.

The main issue isn't so much that you're investing early into a game, that's mostly fine. The main issue is you're investing a stupid amount of money for no actual tangible benefit, even if the game releases in a good state. See as much as Star Citizen is bullshit, they're at least selling special spaceships and places and whatever the fuck they're selling, you're buying a specific thing for that money. Anything above the 100$ Pantheon pack is basically buying nothing with the additional money.

That's retarded logic. If no one pledged more than $100, it would slow down development, if not bring it to a screeching halt. People who put in more money do it for love of the idea.

Only time will tell whether that trust was misplaced, but claiming we have no idea if it will be something we want to play is nonsense. We have hours of video from which a valid opinion can be formed. Not everyone will reach the same conclusion, but many will gladly pledge just to play some iteration of the game that's been demonstrated.

I bet a lot of folks here foam at the mouth watching people throw money at streamers: people who make bank just on ads and sponsors alone, then rake in $100s a day in donations. Put your envy aside and realize that a lot of people would rather pay $100s for a dream than spend another dime suffering through what currently passes for an MMORPG.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
People pledging $1k USD+ are doing it because they want to help fund the creation of a game they think they want to play. I want to see a spiritual successor to EQ, talking about it on the forums all day isn't going to help make it happen. I also lack the technical skills to contribute to the creation of a game, but I will help fund the project because I want to see it work out.

It's the same with anything, when you want something you invest whatever resources you can to make it a reality. Don't contribute more than you can, don't expect success just because you threw some cash at a problem etc. Just do what you can and hope for the best.

Last edited:
  • 4Barf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's the reasoning behind not giving more stuff though? If you pay 500$, shouldn't you at least get a lifetime sub? I mean in most cases, that's 5years of subs maybe, which amounts to 720bucks(at 12$ a month). That's not accounting for reduced sub prices if you pick 6months and stuff like you see usually. More importantly, it's money they'd be losing far into the future, wouldn't it be worth it to entice more buyers early to actually fund the damn game, than try to save a few hundred dollars 5years down the line(assuming the person even would have played 5years, many people will play a game a few months and then never play it again or come back for a month or two every few years). I'd argue even at 250$ you should. What about the digital goods, can't they make more of them? Not entirely new things, just derivative of existing content, so the cost in terms of ressources for these rewards would be low anyway. Can't they give more away as rewards? More ingame titles/cosmetics/pets that reward each tier more and more.

They obviously need the money to actually fund the game, but they put absolutely no effort and offer absolutely no incentive to do so. People who are really craving for this type of game will drop the money anyway, maybe, but it's a really fucking stupid move to not try to entice people to get just one tier higher by making them think that tier upgrade is kinda worth it. Atm there's absolutely none of that shit, other than the prealpha access, which is hardly a good reward over just the alpha access. You're simply donating money and hope it gets good and even if it does, you still will have just donated the money with no returns for it and will be ready to pay them some more money to keep the game running or to buy whatever is in the cash shop(if there's one, but there probably will, even if only server transfer or char name change or changing races or whatever).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dullahan

I agree with lifetime subs. It's one of the few good incentives you can offer without offering in-game items.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Bunch of retarded children in here who are really bad with money if a couple of you faggots are really giving $1000 to a complete scam.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. you fucking poor fucks have me laughing so hard. You really are on welfare.

People spend a stupid amount of money to be entertained. I can go out drinking as spend 300 dollars in one night. I can go to Vegas and blow 4 or 5 grand in a couple of days (or less).

If you figure value per hour mmo's are one of the cheapest forms of entertainment around. I spend a stupid amount of time in mmo's. If I want to give back to the person who helped create the mmo I spent the most time in by far, why the fuck do you care? Really, what gives. Are your lives really that miserable?

Keep on crying bitches. You are endlessly entertaining. And it's FREE.

Last edited:
  • 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the reasoning behind not giving more stuff though? If you pay 500$, shouldn't you at least get a lifetime sub? I mean in most cases, that's 5years of subs maybe, which amounts to 720bucks(at 12$ a month). That's not accounting for reduced sub prices if you pick 6months and stuff like you see usually. More importantly, it's money they'd be losing far into the future, wouldn't it be worth it to entice more buyers early to actually fund the damn game, than try to save a few hundred dollars 5years down the line(assuming the person even would have played 5years, many people will play a game a few months and then never play it again or come back for a month or two every few years). I'd argue even at 250$ you should. What about the digital goods, can't they make more of them? Not entirely new things, just derivative of existing content, so the cost in terms of ressources for these rewards would be low anyway. Can't they give more away as rewards? More ingame titles/cosmetics/pets that reward each tier more and more.

They obviously need the money to actually fund the game, but they put absolutely no effort and offer absolutely no incentive to do so. People who are really craving for this type of game will drop the money anyway, maybe, but it's a really fucking stupid move to not try to entice people to get just one tier higher by making them think that tier upgrade is kinda worth it. Atm there's absolutely none of that shit, other than the prealpha access, which is hardly a good reward over just the alpha access. You're simply donating money and hope it gets good and even if it does, you still will have just donated the money with no returns for it and will be ready to pay them some more money to keep the game running or to buy whatever is in the cash shop(if there's one, but there probably will, even if only server transfer or char name change or changing races or whatever).

I wasn't overly concerned with the "rewards" I guess, but I have to admit the jump from 1k to 3k is just pointless. Lol @ paying $2,000 USD for a signed print. For the 10k they put the raid development on there I think just assuming that barely anyone would actually give them $10,000 USD.

I suspect the whole "Design a raid" is going to be more like "Tell us your ideas and we'll implement what we want and make sure it's not the retarded plan you thought of, but maybe we'll use the dragon color or name you picked out"

Also, remember the $1000 dollar pledge originally had a monthly $100 USD option. So you could literally get the VIP pledge, check out the VIP system and if you though it was b.s. you cancel the payments and you only spent $100.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'd give them a 1000 if I had the time to mess around with this.
Just spent a grand for new tires on my truck (do some off road etc). Another 800 for shocks, etc.

Lol. you fucking poor fucks have me laughing so hard. You really are on welfare.
I can go out drinking as spend 300 dollars in one night. I can go to Vegas and blow 4 or 5 grand in a couple of days (or less).
I spend a stupid amount of time in mmo's.

Lol, this thread appears to be full of try hard edge lords who spend their time trashing a game and living on welfare.

Someone sounds like a poor triggered dumbfuck that's full of shit but I don't think it's us...

I'd pay $1000 but...
I'm really, really retarded with money and I support this!
I'm edgy. I said welfare! I called people edge lords!

You do seem like the perfect candidate for the $10,000 tier from your posting habits. Support Brad!

This is stupid just like people paying a guy on kickstarter almost $60,000 for potato salad. Sure, the joke was cool and I'm sure the guy could use the money. The people who paid were still retards. As Pyros mentioned, the rewards are worse the higher you spend. That's not how investment works in real life which is a pretty strong warning. It's your money. Spend it how you like but we are perfectly able and willing to call you out.

PS- Dull, retarded logic is saying a game needs more than $100 per person before it releases just to be good. Plenty of average games have released without needing that kind of support, including indies. Retarded is saying only time will tell if trust is misplaced with a guy who has burned his supporters and employees multiple times. Retarded is saying a good opinion can be formed from watching a few videos specifically created to make the game look good. Retarded is saying you have suffered playing MMOs. If you don't like it there's a log out option. That's probably the stupidest thing I've heard and Grim's been posting here a lot.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You do sound poor and triggered. Can't help you with that.

Sorry your life sucks.

• 3Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If not giving money to pill heads makes me a poor then I'll stay poor.

I for one had the inside track on Pantheon. As Cohh Carnage would get done shilling the game then come into discord on Agnarr and talk about how trash it is. They said at ine time they had like 60 some zones and only 3 actually barely looked put together.

Said every single part of the presentation are prefabbed before hand and are not actually part of a "living breathing world" and asked would bold faced say to not give the company any money.

I don't know a single person outside of the developers themselves who have had more hands on access than him and if he said it's trash then I'm staying away.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand why you all don't give them cash. I don't think any less of you for it. Nor do I care how you spend your money.

I'm laughing at how pathetic you all are for caring so much about our choices. It's says loads about how shitty your lives are.

• 3Salty
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I understand why you all don't give them cash. I don't think any less of you for it. Nor do I care how you spend your money.

I'm laughing at how pathetic you all are for caring so much about our choices. It's says loads about how shitty your lives are.
Faggot

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

We don't really care. It makes me laugh. Sometimes the free entertainment is just as good as the paid. Go ahead and pay every time you need entertained. I'll continue to just keep laughing my ass off especially after this releases. You guys are pure internet gold.Hell, you guys don't even have the balls to say which tier you donated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not much. Alpha access mostly.

I also gave 300 to Crowfall and Camelot. Or whatever tier is closest to that amount. Don't recall exactly.

Those 3 games are the ones that most interest me. Probably would have given money to Star Citizen also, but by the time I got around to it they were gazzilionares. They don't need my support.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Trighered.

Pantheon typo.JPG

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree with lifetime subs. It's one of the few good incentives you can offer without offering in-game items.

I donated at the $375 level years ago and one of the perks was a $1 / year sub fee for life. It comes with other perks too, but that was the most important to me and why I gave more than I initially would have.

• 3Like