Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Get Involved

OH SHIT WE NEED TO START A GOFUNDME AND PUT TOGETHER $10,000 FOR AN ASCENDANT'S PLEDGE AND DESIGN A DUNGEON THAT'S A BOTTOMLESS PIT WHERE YOU JUST KEEP FALLING AND FALLING FOREVER AND THE LAST BOSS IS ON A DIRTBIKE AND HE KEEPS JUMPING OFF OF SICK JUMPS AND FLYING AT YOU AND THIS IS GONNA ROCK!

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Couple of my old EQ2 guildmates bought the $1K pledge for pre-alpha. Long story short, we are no longer friends :smuggly::smuggly::smuggly:

Hey take it easy on them, EQ was like 50$ back in early 99, with inflation that's about 1,000 now, right? So just the price of a box!

Let me know when they start selling patches of desert priced the same as IRL real estate!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Get Involved

OH SHIT WE NEED TO START A GOFUNDME AND PUT TOGETHER $10,000 FOR AN ASCENDANT'S PLEDGE AND DESIGN A DUNGEON THAT'S A BOTTOMLESS PIT WHERE YOU JUST KEEP FALLING AND FALLING FOREVER AND THE LAST BOSS IS ON A DIRTBIKE AND HE KEEPS JUMPING OFF OF SICK JUMPS AND FLYING AT YOU AND THIS IS GONNA ROCK!

Maybe we could all pitch in and get an account and develop a guild calendar of who gets to play on what days/weekends then we could all be one of the fallen. #sploits They would really hate us then.

• 1Worf

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Wonder how many of these wonderkins are thinking this will be an investment when they power their way to max level and then try to ebay the character for more than 1k.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
On one hand Visionary Realms is tacitly admitting that they are so clueless about what kind of game they're making that they're willing to listen to the advice of a bunch of randos with absolutely zero game design experience. Nobody with a fraction of a clue about game design would even consider paying $1000 for the "opportunity" to do creative work. The pay wall is a guarantee that VR will recieve nearly zero good advice from their "testers". Some of them will probably suggest things that are right for the same reason that a broken clock is still occasionally right though.

On the other hand VR might actually be smart enough that they're just milking these clueless suckers for some easy cash while they're still 2 years away from releasing anything with as much content as The Mines Of Gloomingdeep.

On the other other hand, maybe VR thinks that these mentally retarded whales are going to generate enough "viral word of mouth grass roots advertising" that letting them peek behind the scenes and see how the sausage is made is not going to be a source of permanent and irreversible embarrassment to VR.
How many fucking hands do you have?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
How many fucking hands do you have?
tiny-hands-4778.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Oasis and the Ro's were a later expansion, but Nektulos was definitely graphically molested by DoDH. Right after Lavastorm was redone in Dragons of Norrath.

Desert, Oasis, and Freeport revamps came with Prophecy of Ro expansion

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever changed Freeport should be fired and not allowed to design gaming worlds.... talk about too much of one color tone.
Wasn't there a sob story behind the guy who raped Freeport?

Nothing 'needed' to be changed, but they could have simply taken the 3 zones and combined it into 1 without changing the layout(s) at all. Easier said than done, with mob pathing, non-contiguous zone borders, etc... but it would have been a fun project. Instead, we got some sort of shitty-EQ2 version of Freeport. A literal mind-bending maze of 'brown'.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't fathom paying more for early access to a game than I would pay to buy the game itself. And I can't see paying $1,000 for an untested, unfinished game made by an unstable amateur company with zero aaa releases under its belt. But that's just me.
Pantheon pre-alpha is not early access. It's actually testing. I know testing usually means early access, but that isn't the case here.

People who want to pay more are those who just want to contribute to an idea they're passionate about. It's not an uncommon occurrence. People donate to things all the time with little to no return (watch twitch). Having test access is merely a bonus. Anyone that would pay $1000 to "play" Pantheon like an early access, is doing it wrong and going to be sorely disappointed.

Last edited:
  • 4Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Pantheon pre-alpha is not early access. It's actually testing. I know testing usually means early access, but that isn't the case here.

People who want to pay more are those who just want to contribute to an idea they're passionate about. It's not an uncommon occurrence. People donate to things all the time with little to no return (watch twitch). Having test access is merely a bonus. Anyone that would pay $1000 to "play" Pantheon like an early access, is doing it wrong and going to be sorely disappointed.

Found the guy that just dropped 1k to "test" Pantheon and hope he gets to rub shoulders with VR's resident drug lord.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

I see you dropped a grand on this turd. Best of luck with your investment.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff

They already have Convo buddy, they aren't going to hire you.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They already have Convo buddy, they aren't going to hire you.

Haha! They just did and all he had to do was pay a measly $1000 for them to 'hire' him! I bet we all will feel stupid as we miss out on this opportunity of a lifetime! To help fix Pantheon into a similar launch as Vanguard experienced! Woo Hooo!! Climb aboard before the train leaves on the 20th!

old-broken-down-steam-train-engine-and-tender-being-restored-in-a-cf71hb.jpg

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder how many of these wonderkins are thinking this will be an investment when they power their way to max level and then try to ebay the character for more than 1k.

i honestly think that's part of it lol. how many people look back at EQ with regret that they didn't make a bunch of money while playing?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd give them a 1000 if I had the time to mess around with this. Would be fun to be a part of this game during the early process. You aren't just paying for the game at that point.

Just spent a grand for new tires on my truck (do some off road etc). Another 800 for shocks, etc. It's all relative.

Last edited:
  • 7Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users