Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1 out of 2 ain't bad! 50%! Brad is truly an impressive man.

How many of you with real, actual careers would go into an annual review and say "50% boss! Doing great I think. You should LOVE those odds!". Maybe if you had bigger aspirations in life than to make employee of the month at Best Buy you wouldn't find Brad so impressive Zaide.

You moved the goal posts. He has a 100 percent success rate in launching mmos. And Vanguard did pretty well in terms of boxes sold etc.

Those facts don't fit the edge lord "piss on everything not WoW" vibe that the lemming tide has here. But we get it. All the Kool kids hate Brad because that's what they are told to do.

It's a common theme in most of the threads here to piss on things. That's fine. It can be funny, but you should be careful not to believe your own bs. I can remember everyone hating on ESO for quite a while.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think some of the Brad stuff is pretty funny. Dude does sound like a total derelict when you hear him talk. That being said, I think a lot of people just shit on Brad cause "that's the way we've always done it."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Come on a_skeleton_03... you can do better than that. A failed business is a failure. Did you even read that article by the way?

And even if you want to, for whatever reason, pretend that 1 out of 2 attempts is good or that just launching makes you a success (did Brad make it to that second launch?) he hasn't had a success in almost 20 years.

How many times has he tried to present new ideas or gain funding and failed that we don't know of because it wouldn't have ever been news? The only reason this thing is even still in development is because Brad has no problem practicing "business" in bad faith, taking advantage of people and lying.

Khane

You moved the goal posts. He has a 100 percent success rate in launching mmos. And Vanguard did pretty well in terms of boxes sold etc.

Those facts don't fit the edge lord "piss on everything not WoW" vibe that the lemming tide has here. But we get it. All the Kool kids hate Brad because that's what they are told to do.

It's a common theme in most of the threads here to piss on things. That's fine. It can be funny, but you should be careful not to believe your own bs. I can remember everyone hating on ESO for quite a while.

Moved the goal posts? Yea we hate Brad because Utnayan told us to. It isn't because of his track record as a failure and a fraud.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Failure and a fraud". Pretty extreme, especially since it's not true.

I think you proved my point.

• 2Salty
  • 1Picard

Khane

Oh that's right. You were the guy who paid for the Alpha. Carry on.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually, I didn't. You all just made that up all by yourselves. Just like all the rest of your fantasies.

• 1Salty

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reread my posts for proof. But you won't bother. Facts get in the way of said fantasies.

• 1Salty

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I was one of the "Fallen", I wouldn't be posting in this thread.

As I said before. I only forked out $300. But to be honest, I kind of wish I had put in the 1k. I would like to be trying out what little I have heard about. Sounds pretty cool.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
"Failure and a fraud". Pretty extreme, especially since it's not true.

I think you proved my point.

How is it not true? The entire VG team getting two parking lots to the back of the head = failure.

Literally stole $45k at the beginning of this game to pay his personal bills = fraud.

Last edited:
  • 5Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to most people on this board, everything not WoW is a failure.

You all have a different definition of failure than business people do. The bottom line rules in real life.

• 4Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To be fair, I'd fire most of the VG team in a parking lot too. The class design guy can stay.

SOE itself could have used a few good rounds of parking lot firings a decade ago.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
According to most people on this board, everything not WoW is a failure.

You all have a different definition of failure than business people do. The bottom line rules in real life.

And that's what I just said above you. I didn't say VG wasn't as good as WOW = failure.

The game literally got sold to SOE without them knowing fully what they were buying, they ended up with a net loss of dollars, and the entire team got fucking fired. Pretty sure "business people" consider that the definition of failure.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Literally sold to them without them knowing... blah blah". More fantasies that you have based your life view on.

How about you get actual facts from the business people who did the deal? Not some plebe who made coffee. Or perhaps you should talk to the people putting up the venture capital behind Pantheon. I'm sure you would get a much different story. Or didn't you know that Pantheon is backed by more than just kickstarter money?

But go ahead and repeat the same fantasies you all have been repeating to each other for years. You wouldn't want to think for yourselves.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
1 out of 2 ain't bad! 50%! Brad is truly an impressive man.

How many of you with real, actual careers would go into an annual review and say "50% boss! Doing great I think. You should LOVE those odds!". Maybe if you had bigger aspirations in life than to make employee of the month at Best Buy you wouldn't find Brad so impressive Zaide.

God, what an employee comment. I’m with zaide on this one. Go try to actually start a business and see how you do. Silicon Valley actually likes failures because they have seen the other side

• 1Solidarity