Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
His post does seem kind of over the top with with a dash of sarcasm.

Maybe a dash. But still, like almost everyone here, I did not expect this to ever be even somewhat playable. To see someone actually playing (and even a name or two I recognized from this very board!) was kind of a shock to the system.

And, as someone who loved the shit out of original EQ and even the mess that was Vanguard, to see something like it with some modern-ness dashed into it was kind of wild. If this shit makes it to the end, I will play the hell out of it.

I mean, it wasn't life changing like the first hour of WoW I played years ago, but it was enough to make me think, 'I'll be damned, this might not be vaporware after all.'

Last edited:

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man gameplay videos are one thing. SItting in a dude's basement while it is happening is another story entirely.

And yes it was a basement, and yes that lends credence to the stereotype of the people who are jizzing over the possibility of Pantheon, but there you have it. It was a very nice basement.

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
D4D2EC06-1772-48CA-8A67-B24894928284.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
'I'll be damned, this might not be vaporware after all.'

They are doing a nice job of releasing updates for the testers as well. The new agro management updates made it a lot easier for tanks to do their jobs, especially when doing the dungeon they released for this pre-alpha 0.1.0.2.33 play through test.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So they added the taunt button? You guys should write copy for them.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol Pantheon could end world hunger and I think this forum would still give them shit.

• 2Worf

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
The steak house's dumpster out back, maybe. I guess that makes you the hobo looking for scraps.

The point is this game is not for the majority of the participants of this thread. Don't get me wrong this thread is by far my favorite, it provides so much entertainment I don't miss a post. I also not indicating Pantheon being a fine steak rather than implying that people here generally hate that kind of game. *shrugs* keep the show going, not complaining just throwing an obvious observation.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol Pantheon could end world hunger and I think this forum would still give them shit.

On the other hand Pantheon could blog about how they have a visionary plan to end world hunger, show up with one 50lb bag of rice (uncooked), and people would still give them credit for making an attempt.

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Lol, we just had a guy almost orgasm here because they have it in a testable state and you are mentioning world hunger??! If they release a game that can handle an opening day load in any form, we will all be surprised and happy. If they find a way to make it somewhat consistently playable in the first two weeks, we will be happy and amazed. You act like Vanguard never happened or EQ fixed game issues with alacrity. You act like we are expecting the world when we just want a guy who can fix a decent grilled cheese here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
'I'll be damned, this might not be vaporware after all.'

Not even being sarcastic, this is high praise for Pantheon. More than most expected if I'm honest.

The only reason I'm even on FoH to begin with is Pantheon. No one seems to remember that this board was the number 1 Pantheon fan site for a while there after initial announcement. Most people didn't get truly skeptical and vicious until that disastrous joke of a Kickstarter, Brad swiping the lion's share of the dev-team money, and the subsequent fucked up development period afterwards including paid forums, religious-cult-families, and fuzzy trolls.

I still plan on playing Pantheon if and when it releases, just to see it and experience it for myself.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Not even being sarcastic, this is high praise for Pantheon. More than most expected if I'm honest.

The only reason I'm even on FoH to begin with is Pantheon. No one seems to remember that this board was the number 1 Pantheon fan site for a while there after initial announcement. Most people didn't get truly skeptical and vicious until that disastrous joke of a Kickstarter, Brad swiping the lion's share of the dev-team money, and the subsequent fucked up development period afterwards including paid forums, religious-cult-families, and fuzzy trolls.

I still plan on playing Pantheon if and when it releases, just to see it and experience it for myself.

The kickstarter is really all that you need to know, how can you trust him after that with any money? Even money donated last month is likely being rolled into a fine cylinder and fine white crystals are being vacuumed up through it into his olfactory.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair that Kickstarter was trolled very hard as well.

For good fucking reason. Your $10k thing was hilarious.

I browse Kickstarter a lot, back a few things a year. Theirs was still to this date one of the worst Kickstarter campaigns I’ve seen. It was pathetic as fuck. Then when they take money after it fails and he literally steals it to pay his own bills. Disgusting.

• 2Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So today Boogie2988 asked for the Most Anticipated Game for this year and I cleverly replied Pantheon and attached a gif of someone falling.... surprisingly Pantheon liked my tweet. :) At least they have a sense or humor.

Honestly, I am looking forward to whatever the heck they put out yeah... regardless of what they do for awhile, they will have to just "take it" for that Kickstarter in addition to their history. What Brad can expect however is for his part in EQ, we'll probably all buy/play the game but it won't come without some heckling and cynical trolling. While I may never give them any more than a box cost and a monthly sub, I'll probably never give them too much heat as I have gotten my money's worth and then some out of EQ. Vanguard never really lasted long enough to burn me but, Pantheon is probably his last hurrah. If he blows this opportunity, it may be finally time for me to hang up MMO's and bounce between WoW and Agnarr to get my fixes until i'm too old to care about it. lol

Last edited: