Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Im just taking a wild guess, but wouldnt the updated Unity engine with its debugging tools actively save the game from any immediate run time issues similar to the ones Vanguard had? Such as Chunking?

correct. The profiler window will tell you if you are doing something stupid as fuck.

maxresdefault.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The red screen border when you have agro on something (or attacking?) and the compass arrows around the class circle next to the group members are both genius

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Eonan

Doer of Things
The intended context was to follow along the same line as a question about your most recent job, school, relationship or in this case EQ expansion. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Did you have any thoughts about my post aside from that? Did SoE do anything interesting with group content in the later expansions?
I played for about 7 expansions past that and to my recollection, nothing came close to the proving ground trials. I agree that it was some of the best content I played in EQ. The raid trials were similarly fun.
I think the Trials exp was my last but I enjoyed the shit out of the Trials as tailored group progression. Had a solid group of friends that worked them and it was meaningful.

OoW did nearly everything right that GoD did wrong. The next few expansions after it were also fantastic.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is looking great. They need to nail the classes though. That is going to be the main factor on whether I buy the game and stick around for any length of time.

• 1Like

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
The red screen border when you have agro on something (or attacking?) and the compass arrows around the class circle next to the group members are both genius

I personally don't care that much for the arrows next to group members. MMO should rely on communication over HUD when possible. The only way those should exist is in a very short range to overcome normal visual/audio limitations of a video game world.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OoW did nearly everything right that GoD did wrong. ..

Its been said here quite a few times, but there is a reason for that. GoD and OoW were supposed to be one single xpac with the level increase to 70. SoE got lazy and behind and decided to split the xpacs. GoD released without the level increase and now you see why everything was broken as fuck.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Class balance will be key. I mean, how fucked were classic era Rogues? Answer: real fucked. Luckily since EQ MMO's have learned to use 'beneficial debuffs' to boost class. Like Rogues make mobs take more damage from behind for their group or decrease chance to hit or some shit. That way even melee or pure dmg casters can benefit their group.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Looking real nice. Hope they get the amount of zones needed and rarity of loot / market just right, and might be a winner.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s a sweet spot between overly simplistic and slow combat and the spam/dodge fest that is most current day moms. They need enough engagement and class skills to keep the combat funner than the warrior or rogue of eq, but not a button mash fest of say a ffxiv bard(may have changed but just an example).
I don’t mind repetitive, I mean what mmo isn’t repetitive? That comes with most games with long lifespans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really hope they bring social buffing back. EQ is the only game (that I've played) to get it right. I want to know and feel when my buffs wear off, I want them to be long duration, significant play enhancers that provide a reason to interact or transact with another player. I've been playing SWTOR again lately, running some of the class stories I haven't done, and half the time I don't even notice if my buff has expired. In EQ, the first part of any session was porting or running to a buff hub. I fondly remember those great early solo experiences, when a random higher level would run by, take a moment to mem older buffs, and buff the snot off my Crushbone camping ass. I like the economic aspect, the everyone come to Halas port stone for free (insert buff), the direct and meaningful impact on play. I liked it as a balancing and flavor tool as well. Even the most anti social people I played with, would get off their reclusive asses to hunt down a KEI or Virtue before a big solo run.

I just want some of my non tedious/game breaking methods of immersion back please.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have to be honest, the game is in way better shape than I ever imagined it would be. I'm impressed.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Raign

Golden Squire
I really hope they bring social buffing back. EQ is the only game (that I've played) to get it right. I want to know and feel when my buffs wear off, I want them to be long duration, significant play enhancers that provide a reason to interact or transact with another player. I've been playing SWTOR again lately, running some of the class stories I haven't done, and half the time I don't even notice if my buff has expired. In EQ, the first part of any session was porting or running to a buff hub. I fondly remember those great early solo experiences, when a random higher level would run by, take a moment to mem older buffs, and buff the snot off my Crushbone camping ass. I like the economic aspect, the everyone come to Halas port stone for free (insert buff), the direct and meaningful impact on play. I liked it as a balancing and flavor tool as well. Even the most anti social people I played with, would get off their reclusive asses to hunt down a KEI or Virtue before a big solo run.

I just want some of my non tedious/game breaking methods of immersion back please.

Too add to this, I would love for them to find some way to not diminish having a low level character of those classes in the group after you get buffed by a high level. It was great to have a drive by KEI for the casters and Aug for the melee, but it did foster an environment of everyone just parking their high-level cleric nearby and logging them in for Rune every hour, greatly reducing the benefit of having one in the party etc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
One thing that always bothered me about EQ, that I hope they address this time around, is this:

Me: Level 60 badass, slayer of dragons, savior of the people

New continent is discovered (expansion)

Me: Visits these newly discovered lands

*wack*

"You've been slain by a snow bunny"

Me: wtf

I get that you need trash mobs and wildlife in your new expansion, and that things need to progress. But it makes no sense for bunny_01 to be more powerful than that dragon you killed last week.

This is a WoW thing, not so much an EQ (real EQ, not Sony cuckery) thing.