Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Did this game actually bring back old school mob farming? I miss that shit in these current mmo's. I like named mob camping! lol

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Become one of the fallen

giphy.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
So who are the Gods in the Pantheon and what realms do they control?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
the lore team is still in debate about it

all 37 of them, while the 1 coder is executing their instructions

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing that always bothered me about EQ, that I hope they address this time around, is this:

Me: Level 60 badass, slayer of dragons, savior of the people

New continent is discovered (expansion)

Me: Visits these newly discovered lands

*wack*

"You've been slain by a snow bunny"

Me: wtf

I get that you need trash mobs and wildlife in your new expansion, and that things need to progress. But it makes no sense for bunny_01 to be more powerful than that dragon you killed last week.

• 1Solidarity

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
One thing that always bothered me about EQ, that I hope they address this time around, is this:
*wack*
I get that you need trash mobs and wildlife in your new expansion, and that things need to progress. But it makes no sense for bunny_01 to be more powerful than that dragon you killed last week.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>

*wack*

Thats why I quit WOW. Youd raid and raid get raid gear then new expansion or content opens and the same ilvl gear available in 5 man dungeon finder.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did this game actually bring back old school mob farming? I miss that shit in these current mmo's. I like named mob camping! lol

I didn't have much of a problem with camping except for things that had ludicrously bad drop rates in places that provided no other desirable rewards ie complete monotony. But one thing that I really did enjoy in one EQ expansion were the group trials in Muramite Proving Grounds. They were a selection of decently balanced, scripted single group events with a good reward at the end. Perhaps they were easy for over geared raiders but as a group player they were a good challenge and it's a shame that SoE didn't perpetuate that system and instead took the easy and boring road of instanced crawls through trash and a boss.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thats why I quit WOW. Youd raid and raid get raid gear then new expansion or content opens and the same ilvl gear available from quests in the first zone.
Ftfy

To be fair, a decent amount of Sunwell gear lasted me until heroic dungeon gear in wotlk as a rest shaman.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh shit! You've caught me and exposed my dastardly plot to convince everyone that EQ has less expansions than it actually does!

I was more surprised by your concept of time if you thought that a 2004 expansion for an ongoing game was recent.

• 1Worf

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was more surprised by your concept of time if you thought that a 2004 expansion for an ongoing game was recent.

The intended context was to follow along the same line as a question about your most recent job, school, relationship or in this case EQ expansion. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Did you have any thoughts about my post aside from that? Did SoE do anything interesting with group content in the later expansions?

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did you have any thoughts about my post aside from that? Did SoE do anything interesting with group content in the later expansions?

I played for about 7 expansions past that and to my recollection, nothing came close to the proving ground trials. I agree that it was some of the best content I played in EQ. The raid trials were similarly fun.

• 1Solidarity

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I played for about 7 expansions past that and to my recollection, nothing came close to the proving ground trials. I agree that it was some of the best content I played in EQ. The raid trials were similarly fun.

I think the Trials exp was my last but I enjoyed the shit out of the Trials as tailored group progression. Had a solid group of friends that worked them and it was meaningful.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users