Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Ronaan

Knight of the Realm
2d 14h 52m
Reactions
166 17 0 0
to be honest seamless world looked fine on paper until you chunked every time you crossed a line on the map and it was clunky as fuck

Xadion

14d 3h 44m
Reactions
6,953 442 0 0
turn shadows off, plz thanks...carry on...

also: my hype level is increasing.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
9d 17h 44m
Reactions
4,436 1,874 0 0
i'm adjusting my hype level to a pretty low rate of increase... playing the long game, hoping to hit maximum hype exactly when the game is released in 10 years.

Qhue

<Donors Crew>
3d 22h 34m
Reactions
1,084 500 0 0
It comes out in that video as well, but when trying it at PAX I was turned off a bit by the animations. Obviously this is early going and the animations are probably just placeholders, but they still felt very much like skating across the world and doing the generic Troll 'pool cue' animation from EQ1.

The shadows were very distracting as well. Made the rendering seem instantly dated to circa 2004 when shadow rendering was 'da bomb'.

ZyyzYzzy

Registered Amod
<Moderation Tools>
23d 23h 27m
Reactions
21,220 1,342 0 0
It comes out in that video as well, but when trying it at PAX I was turned off a bit by the animations. Obviously this is early going and the animations are probably just placeholders, but they still felt very much like skating across the world and doing the generic Troll 'pool cue' animation from EQ1.

The shadows were very distracting as well. Made the rendering seem instantly dated to circa 2004 when shadow rendering was 'da bomb'.
Shit, did you just come up with Brad's next "this is gonna rock"?

The Edge

Knight of the Realm
1d 8h 57m
Reactions
297 973 0 0
Looks like Vanguard 2.0, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Itlan

Trakanon Raider
15h 30m
Reactions
688 139 0 0
I didn't think Vanguard's combat was all that awful. Or maybe I'm just referring to how certain classes played.

Fuck y'all.

Daidraco

Molten Core Raider
2d 3h 49m
Reactions
286 59 0 0
It just depended on the classes. Some had great fluidity, where as others were just jarring or all over the place. Long, patient phases, then shit hit the fan and you're ADHD has to kick in for 5 seconds.

Dullahan

Knight of the Realm
2h 33m
Reactions
250 72 0 0
There is a big difference between good classes and good combat. I found the combat awful on all the 3 classes I played, but I loved all 3 classes and their abilities. Having to use 30 abilities simultaneously plus clickies should have never been a thing. Limited strategic combat creates a better test of skill, unless you want the test of skill to be real life dexterity in seeing how far apart players can spread their fingers to press hotkeys.