Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
1. Spells can fizzle
2. Spells are not 100% guaranteed hit, they can be resisted and physical hits often are misses... this keeps you on your toes
3. Monsters don't die in 3 hits solo, it takes a group to take them down
4. There are skills that you need to improve and I'm guessing these skills (like EQ) will take a long time to level up (unlike in WoW when it was trivial) like 1 HS, Conjuration, Dodge...etc
5. Combat is more resource oriented where resource management is a key; so many times in Pantheon casters go Out Of Mana and they had to stop to med; when was the last time we get to do that in any recent game? There's no point in the "mana/energy" bar in the most recent games it's almost always full... sometimes I wonder why they even bother?
6. Offensive/Defensive targets like in Vanguard (which is not very common in any MMORPG)
7. Classes have roles (unlike in recent games like GW2 and BDO where playing a role in a group did not exist)
8. Roles are not limited to Tank, Healer, DPS... you need a puller, CCer, Slower...etc. When was the last time you needed to split mobs and break a room for grinding?
9. Monks
10. Breaking a room takes time and wipes are very common (did you watch the recent videos?) I haven't seen that ever since EQ
11. Dungeons are not instanced; you will meet other players while delving in a dungeon

I can think of many more, but you get the picture...

So copy and paste of EQ with sidegraded graphics?

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6FD0A475-6DCD-4E91-BA60-A3DFF6222B2A.gif

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a few concerns about the game, but the biggest one just comes down to the grind versus content. Arbitrarily increasing the grind so content lasts longer kind of ruins things for me. The team is small, so I can only imagine that the game is going to be relatively small as well. I sat in Lguk for days when I was a kid, but I just dont see myself even coming close to that now on any game. Regardless of how amazing it is or isnt. I'm going to pick up the game, thats a given. But if I feel like Im playing the game at about 12-15 hours a week and still not getting anywhere, Im probably out. I didnt even think twice about dropping 8 hours into OS back then, now though?....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
WoW was initially a copy of much of Brad's "Vision", but they left out the danger and added quest icons. Blizzard is pretty good at stealing stuff (see WarHammer) and most of the big tech companies are too. WoW made questing better and other improvements. Today WoW still has millions of subs and is making a ton of cash off of Brad's "Vision".

Mmos have gotten away from what made EQ and early WoW great. Brad is bringing it back, plus stuff that was never copied. Hopefully it works, we'll see.

Brad ripped a ton of his "Vision" from a MUD.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
So copy and paste of EQ with sidegraded graphics?
With the added "feature" of: Any spell with a casting time consumes mana during the cast. [verified by the server and consumed AS you cast]
Not consumed after it's confirmed by the server to have been cast on the target. No no, that would be too much like every other MMO.
The distinctive, genre-advancing feature they decided to go with is that you get to lose all the mana and get to enjoy recasting, instead of just recasting. Huzzah for innovation.

Pantheon will not be caster friendly until they apply the "Big Book of Fun with Logic" and remove that from the game. Which, if historical hubris is any indication, means they never will.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Spells can fizzle
2. Spells are not 100% guaranteed hit, they can be resisted and physical hits often are misses... this keeps you on your toes
3. Monsters don't die in 3 hits solo, it takes a group to take them down
4. There are skills that you need to improve and I'm guessing these skills (like EQ) will take a long time to level up (unlike in WoW when it was trivial) like 1 HS, Conjuration, Dodge...etc
5. Combat is more resource oriented where resource management is a key; so many times in Pantheon casters go Out Of Mana and they had to stop to med; when was the last time we get to do that in any recent game? There's no point in the "mana/energy" bar in the most recent games it's almost always full... sometimes I wonder why they even bother?
6. Offensive/Defensive targets like in Vanguard (which is not very common in any MMORPG)
7. Classes have roles (unlike in recent games like GW2 and BDO where playing a role in a group did not exist)
8. Roles are not limited to Tank, Healer, DPS... you need a puller, CCer, Slower...etc. When was the last time you needed to split mobs and break a room for grinding?
9. Monks
10. Breaking a room takes time and wipes are very common (did you watch the recent videos?) I haven't seen that ever since EQ
11. Dungeons are not instanced; you will meet other players while delving in a dungeon

I can think of many more, but you get the picture...

You must be a career EQ emulator player or someone who hasnt really played MMO's in depth since EQ. The huge majority of MMO's have roles, mechanics, and plenty of resource management which brings difficulty on the fly. (See WoW mythic for one example, which 98% of this thread couldnt handle). You come across like this is going to be some huge challenging game with things that haven't been done since EQ.

This is going to be EZ mode mmo raiding for slower paced folks which is fine, it doesnt need to be schilled as some messiah thats bringing back shit thats already in 98% of MMO's released and is going to be difficult.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These classes are awesome. Everyone of them they have released info on sounds fun and unique.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I have a few concerns about the game, but the biggest one just comes down to the grind versus content. Arbitrarily increasing the grind so content lasts longer kind of ruins things for me. The team is small, so I can only imagine that the game is going to be relatively small as well. I sat in Lguk for days when I was a kid, but I just dont see myself even coming close to that now on any game. Regardless of how amazing it is or isnt. I'm going to pick up the game, thats a given. But if I feel like Im playing the game at about 12-15 hours a week and still not getting anywhere, Im probably out. I didnt even think twice about dropping 8 hours into OS back then, now though?....

YAH, this game isnt going to be for anyone, the good thing is i go through massive bouts of insomnia, so when it hits, ill just play all night! lol I think he stated this game is for a niche market? Some folks will have the time, some folks dont. Back when i played EQ i know a ton of folks that didnt have the kind of time i did, yet they still made it to max level and i helped them get decent gear with limited play time.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have you heard of our lord and savior Pantheon? He died for our sins to make MMO gaming great again.
1531328242915.png