Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nirgon Nirgon hook me up with some plat on p99 green

Just spent what I had piled up on bis preplanar rogue and root nets. I can sneak hide about and root trains of 30 mobs almost instantly then helicopter my dick around, and recharge at vendor to do it again. Highly recommend these pixels.

Will have lots of plat again soon.

Can do jewelcrafting for you at vendor mats cost too.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rofl so this whole time the anti bliz stuff was all projection. You were a huge bliz fanboi and only quit because you got cucked on some legendaries and the cs dept didn't know their shit when answering. Everything makes so much more sense now.

Real talk - pantheon probably is going to release a game despite all our negativity. How good or polished, well, we will see... but given their team size and project history as well as their vision for the mmo, the chance of these devs being forthright about internal game mechanics surrounding rare drops is probably about zero. If you think bliz cs is bad you are in for a hell of a ride elsewhere. Your eq emu experience with dev responses is an anomaly and likely due to the nature of the project and inherent lack of corporate ownership. Real eq, you can smack prathun in the face with bugs and still get a denial response.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ahahaha wew

Screenshot_20191230-101135~2.png

You gave WoW another chance, and they completely blew it! Worse than before!

Last edited:
  • 2Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
The game is tightly coupled with Unity ... and Unity completely gutted their multiplayer networking model. Working from Unity's timeline, I would estimate a Pantheon closed beta Q4, 2020 followed by open beta Q1, 2021. If they fill Aradune's CCO position * and they should * then I will jump in as a financial supporter.

/whiteknightmode ON

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, Nirgon is shitting up this thread. Rehabilitate him, please.

Listen, I would love for this game to come out and be half way decent.. but we have seen maybe two full zones if that. At what point do you really wonder when the next 20-30 are going to be completed.

• 1Worf

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The game is tightly coupled with Unity ... and Unity completely gutted their multiplayer networking model. Working from Unity's timeline, I would estimate a Pantheon closed beta Q4, 2020 followed by open beta Q1, 2021. If they fill Aradune's CCO position * and they should * then I will jump in as a financial supporter.

/whiteknightmode ON

That is some negative news there. If you follow the "flowchart" they have a lot of work ahead of them :(

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist

/whiteknightmode ON

Not sure what the deal is w/ unity multiplayer and how it's impacted Pantheon. A while back they did a stream which was during a live testing session (open to those with the appropriate backing tiers) where there was (I believe) in the range of 120 people online between 3 zones.

Unfortunately I am sure NDA's would prevent those who participated from discussing much outside of what you can see on stream, so we can't get confirmation of exactly how many people have been online in testing sessions in one zone or even one small area simultaneously. I'd bet it is in the range of at least 200 people though.

We've seen most core MMO gameplay elements on stream so far to include zoning, swimming, climbing, interacting with NPC's, trading items, dying, looting corpses etc. As far as I can tell all the "core" MMO mechanics are in and functioning. The only thing we really need to see now is an appropriate quantity of content. I think it's great that they're working on polishing things, and adding some bells & whistles (aka climate system, perception, unique class resources) but all of that is really icing on the cake, and at this point the cake needs 20 more zones before we frost it.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Can you stop derailing this thread?

I don't give a fuck about the game, that's not what this thread is about.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
If you checkout the comments for Unity's new networking model, most of them are negative.

• 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what the deal is w/ unity multiplayer and how it's impacted Pantheon. A while back they did a stream which was during a live testing session (open to those with the appropriate backing tiers) where there was (I believe) in the range of 120 people online between 3 zones.

Unfortunately I am sure NDA's would prevent those who participated from discussing much outside of what you can see on stream, so we can't get confirmation of exactly how many people have been online in testing sessions in one zone or even one small area simultaneously. I'd bet it is in the range of at least 200 people though.
Jesus, Nirgon is shitting up this thread. Rehabilitate him, please.

Listen, I would love for this game to come out and be half way decent.. but we have seen maybe two full zones if that. At what point do you really wonder when the next 20-30 are going to be completed.

Maybe they should focus on player made content ? *ducks*

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
In response to popular demand, we've now included add-on rewards for pledgers.
What is an add-on?
An add-on is an optional item that can be added by increasing your pledge amount. These items are exclusive to Kickstarter backers and range from cool in-game items to physical collectors versions of the game.
How do I get my hands on these add-on(s)?
So you want to grab an add-on. Let’s explain how they work. Pledge for the $25 tier or higher, then look at our collection of available add-ons below. Decide which one you like, then increase your pledge amount by the value specified next to the add-on(s). When the project is funded you will then be able to choose the add-on(s) that caught your eye and voila! they will be added to your account when the game launches.
Follow these steps to adjust your pledge tier and collect the add-on(s)
Click ‘Manage Your Pledge’ on the Pantheon Kickstarter page. Modify the pledge amount you have chosen but do not change the selected reward. Click the ‘Continue to Next Step’ button and follow the steps to complete your pledge adjustment.
Here is an example:
Jason has pledged $25 dollars but he really wants to take advantage of the headstart ($5) and custom title ($10) options. So he decides to modify his pledge, adding $15 for a total amount of $40. Shortly after the Kickstarter has ended, Jason will receive an email informing him that he is eligible for $15 in add-ons. He selects the headstart and custom title, and collects his rewards when they are available.
List of Add-Ons
$5 - Headstart - Get early access to the game days before it launches.
$7 - Backer Icon - Let everyone know you backed Pantheon with this unique in-game nameplate icon.
$10 - Custom Title - Want to be a known as a ‘Sir’ or ‘Master of all Things Pantheon’? Why not do it with a stylish custom title? (subject to dev approval)
$10 - Wand of Random Illusions - Be the life of the party by changing your form with this special wand.
$15 - Exclusive Mount - Choose one of our special Kickstarter-only mounts.
$15 - Beta Key - Use it on your own account, or give it to a friend.
$15 - Autographed Poster* - Limited edition poster signed by the entire dev team.
$20 - Extra Bank Vault - Additional space to store all those extra goodies you obtained during your adventures.
$20 - Sound Track CD*
$20 - Digital Lore and Art Book
$20 - Starter Pack - Start with some currency and a few items.
$25 - Hero Essence Grab Bag - Open this mystery bag to win a random hero essence template.
$30 - Backpack Expander - Adds slots to your bags!
$30 - Pair of Sprinter’s Boots - Put a pep in your step as you travel the dangerous lands of Pantheon.
$35 - Bag-o-Swag* - get an “I am one of the Fallen” Mouse Pad, T-Shirt, and bumper sticker inside a Pantheon emblazoned bag to let all the cool kids know who is cooler.
$40 - Alpha Key - Use it on your own account, or give it to a friend.
$40 - 6 Months of Pre-Paid Game Time - Plenty of time to make your mark on Terminus. (limited to 1 per account)
$250 - Oranthel’s Strong Box of Power* - Backer Icon, Custom Title, Wand of Random Illusions, Exclusive Kickstarter Mount, Autographed Poster, Extra Bank Vault, Game Soundtrack, Digital Art Book, Starter Pack, Hero Essence Grab Bag, Backpack Expander, Pair of Sprinter's Boots, Mouse Pad, T-Shirt, Bumper Sticker, Cloth Map, and a physical copy the game inside a specially made container.
* Additional charges apply for shipping physical rewards outside of the continental US.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
BoozeCube BoozeCube thought the long text of options was a new kickstarter...

Yes because I clearly didn’t link the old Kickstarter and it’s failure date..:rolleyes:

Empires rise and fall faster than this shit moves. Keep shoveling money into the pre pre pre pre Alpha 5, I am sure that cloth map and early name reservation will be coming in the mail any day now, any day.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
If you checkout the comments for Unity's new networking model, most of them are negative.

No MMO of any scale has used Unity.

Their old netcode was bad. Their new netcode is bad.

Every other MMO team has looked at Unity and concluded it's better to design their own engine from the ground up than to polish this turd. But it's ok, Pantheon's team of volunteer devs will deliver.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users