Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm in for 350 and just want something other than flat brain WoW xpacs. Call me crazy. You have.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I get supporting a game you want to see developed - but Ive never understood people paying more than a retail box price for this stuff. $350, or even $100 just seems wildly more than needed imo. Regardless of it being Pantheon, or not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s a small possibility that the Swedish company that bought daybreak might scoop this up at pennies on the dollar(assuming visionary realms has some dollar value?) , maybe they can take all the people that failed at eq next and combine them with the powers of the pantheon team, and create something that sets a new bar of sorts . I’d play it in the same way I’d go watch a uwe boll movie

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There’s a small possibility that the Swedish company that bought daybreak might scoop this up

Why? The Daybreak games make consistent money every year without needing significant further investment. Pantheon is a startup.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
iu

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if I could buy pantheon and do something with it. I mean I know I could buy it, but is it worth the hassle?

• 1Faggotry

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Wonder if I could buy pantheon and do something with it. I mean I know I could buy it, but is it worth the hassle?
I hate to say this, but if you have that much disposable income, you should probably just hire your own team and have a vision for a game you'd like to make (similar to Intrepid Studios' situation) and then make it. Pantheon is not a game to invest your money into for long-term profits.

Provided you're industry-savvy and have connections you can leverage that aren't hobbyists, you can't really do worse than Pantheon did over the last 5 years.

With that being said, it seems like Pantheon has a really smart lead engineer working on the game now. If they had that engineer and find two or three people of the same enthusiasm / passion level, and one person with actual industry experience, but all in the same studio, you'd bet your ass the game would be out yesterday.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I hate to say this, but if you have that much disposable income, you should probably just hire your own team and have a vision for a game you'd like to make (similar to Intrepid Studios' situation) and then make it. Pantheon is not a game to invest your money into for long-term profits.

Provided you're industry-savvy and have connections you can leverage that aren't hobbyists, you can't really do worse than Pantheon did over the last 5 years.

With that being said, it seems like Pantheon has a really smart lead engineer working on the game now. If they had that engineer and find two or three people of the same enthusiasm / passion level, and one person with actual industry experience, but all in the same studio, you'd bet your ass the game would be out yesterday.
I was thinking about checking my couch cushions and buying Microsoft and Apple. Applying both of those companies to make a new MMORPG, any thoughts?

Ive got an extra 5 trillion in the bank and it aint no thang, nameans my brosif?!?

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You need to invest in Pantheon to keep the internet's premier collection of falling gifs active

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their monthly live stream updates have just turned into showing art work and other bull shit other than game play. Nice.

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What if I bought pantheon just to kill it? Maybe that would be best for everyone?

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Too late, I just bought Apple and Microsoft, news will hit tomorrow and I will be holding a press conference. My game will be called Pantheon 2 : Return of the Troll. It will be the first game ever that the sequel comes out before the original. Current budget is $14.7 trillion but the kickstarter will be out on the 17th.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
God’s work, but keep the thread open
What if I did even better, 5D chess, buy it and continue development on it indefinitely but set it up for failure so this thread can live for all eternity.. 🤔

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Too late, I just bought Apple and Microsoft, news will hit tomorrow and I will be holding a press conference. My game will be called Pantheon 2 : Return of the Troll. It will be the first game ever that the sequel comes out before the original. Current budget is $14.7 trillion but the kickstarter will be out on the 17th.

IGN - "2/10, Trolls were not fuzzy as promised."
Kotaku - "10/10 GOTY. In no way did our editors have a relationship with one of the people working on the game."
Massively - "Pantheon: RotT is an amazing contender to EverQuest. But it's also not a Daybreak game, or WoW/XIV, or a complete and utter disaster (we will make a separate article to declare it that) so it will see minimal coverage on our site. It's pretty neat though and you should definitely check it out."

PS: Since you now control Apple AND Microsoft - Can you make a proper compatibility layer for ARM/x86/x64 supporting the WinNT core and OSX core? Also, I would love to have 32-bit app support on Catalina / Big Sur.

Also, please R&D an x86-64 Qualcomm smartphone immediately. Shit's long overdue.

• 2Worf