Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So in 8 years there has been no progress what so ever other than team members dying and stealing money, yet we're discussing a crating system they never put in?

If you guys need to be reminded the crafting system was never even in the initial scope of the game unless the team got 400% of their goal. Hell many of the classes were behind paywalls. It's always fun to look back at this kick starter and realize how inept these cocksuckers always have been.

6d62c8ebc6537f9deb28dd264bf56933_original.png

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It really was one of the worst kickstarters of all time

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It really was one of the worst kickstarters of all time

Somewhere around 2,000 pages or so back and many years ago, I was ripped by several people here because I refused to give any money to this shit show of a kickstarter. If I wasn't so lazy, I go back and find it. Crazy how long ago that was, and yet we're all still here, posting in this thread about a game we all hope, but know for certain, will never be made. But at least they're finally adding in a crafting system!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Or the best if you're the guy with the briefcase full of money.
The money doesn't get disbursed unless the funding goal is met. They went with self-funding after it failed.

Sites like Patreon, however, just take the money regardless of the goal being met.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They can keep nudging this along and driving you all crazy with basic spell effects and combat animations

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish one of these oldschool MMO's would actually launch. Ive done almost every EQ TLP and am pretty burned out on it. Classic WoW is fun and current WoW just isnt an MMO. Sucks boys!

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

uh oh, another 1 year delay in the release.
Prob offed himself. Wouldn't surprise me. Rip dead kurt 2.0

• 1Faggotry

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Semi off subject, but it seems this one man studio managed to get noticed and is offering free test on steam

The kickstarter is the most basic I have ever seen...he's asking for 100k and will probably get it.

This thing will probably launch before Pantheon.

An MMO for 100k. That surely isn't a scam.

Pretty sure you wouldn't be able to launch a new style of Dental Floss for 100k.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never really played it much but I've heard EQ2 had the best crafting system of any MMO ever.
I was one of the top crafters in the game in EQ2 and either the first or second person worldwide to hit 50 in spell crafting and made every spell upgrade that a sage could make for FoH in the early game, so I do feel I have some sort of perspective on crafting there.

At first glance, it was a pretty amazing system, but very , very flawed. The interdependency was probably one of the best aspects of crafting, as there were a small contigent of crafters that worked together to progress and funded the way on up to 50. What did suck was that it was extremely time intensive and for the longest time, missing a craft icon meant you took a small amount of damage and would regen it before it made any difference, so you could just brute force your crafts using a repeated 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 for days on end.

When I started to notice my alchy supplier start to pull away in levels seemingly overnight, it made me wonder just how it was possible that he gained so many levels overnight. I reached out to him and since he relied on me buying all his supplies since no one else was close, he let me in on the secret. Welcome to my very first Nostromo N52 pad.

Here I could take all his mats, go into my personal house and lock it so no one could enter, and have it hit 1,2,3 with a mouse click in there for it to reset when it was finished and I could wake up to 1000s of crafted items. Every top crafter did this. There may have been a more indepth way to make items, but this worked and then folks found out you could actually bot overnight and just dump items on the vendors for massive plat. After this was discovered, the vendor prices dropped like a rock and shortly after interdependecy was removed and the crafting community fell apart overnight.

The gathering was busted too. One of my guildies would zone in somewhere as a level 50 and I could zone in as a level 15 and all the mobs would be greyed out to me as well, so I could run around and harvest worry free while he was afk in the zone.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I was one of the top crafters in the game in EQ2 and either the first or second person worldwide to hit 50 in spell crafting and made every spell upgrade that a sage could make for FoH in the early game, so I do feel I have some sort of perspective on crafting there.

At first glance, it was a pretty amazing system, but very , very flawed. The interdependency was probably one of the best aspects of crafting, as there were a small contigent of crafters that worked together to progress and funded the way on up to 50. What did suck was that it was extremely time intensive and for the longest time, missing a craft icon meant you took a small amount of damage and would regen it before it made any difference, so you could just brute force your crafts using a repeated 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 for days on end.

When I started to notice my alchy supplier start to pull away in levels seemingly overnight, it made me wonder just how it was possible that he gained so many levels overnight. I reached out to him and since he relied on me buying all his supplies since no one else was close, he let me in on the secret. Welcome to my very first Nostromo N52 pad.

Here I could take all his mats, go into my personal house and lock it so no one could enter, and have it hit 1,2,3 with a mouse click in there for it to reset when it was finished and I could wake up to 1000s of crafted items. Every top crafter did this. There may have been a more indepth way to make items, but this worked and then folks found out you could actually bot overnight and just dump items on the vendors for massive plat. After this was discovered, the vendor prices dropped like a rock and shortly after interdependecy was removed and the crafting community fell apart overnight.

The gathering was busted too. One of my guildies would zone in somewhere as a level 50 and I could zone in as a level 15 and all the mobs would be greyed out to me as well, so I could run around and harvest worry free while he was afk in the zone.
That's funny. EQ2 had all sorts of sploits.

They broke crafting for TLE servers, at least for max level of the current expansion. People would hit 60, and crafters could only make spells from 1-59. So even shitty adept books for 60 spells would sell for a lot of plat. I would zone into Poet's Palace, pull like 8 groups of 6 linked level 60 guards, AE them all down, zone out and repeat, it respawned as long as you didnt kill a named. I got a bunch of 60 spells, including super rare masters (necro master pet was $$$$). Probably the richest I've been in an MMO. It stopped working on the next TLE server, they didn't respawn even if you left the named alone. I miss the loot spam that would hit guild chat. I got a lot of confused tells lol.

• 1NPC

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yep. I also macro'd EQ2 crafting afk for hours on end and was never banned for it.

Yea, I think anyone with a brain macro'd that shit. My comment from last page:
I crafted in eq2 and all I remember was setting my AHK script and then going to bed

Also, i remember some crafting exploit where you could sell to NPCs for absorbent price, I forget how. I think it was patched out really quickly.
I feel like it had something to do with buying out all the product, and they paid more for items they didn't have in stock... or something like that. It was so long ago.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yea, I think anyone with a brain macro'd that shit. My comment from last page:

Also, i remember some crafting exploit where you could sell to NPCs for absorbent price, I forget how. I think it was patched out really quickly.
I feel like it had something to do with buying out all the product, and they paid more for items they didn't have in stock... or something like that. It was so long ago.

There was an exploit in one early expansion (Dof or Kos) in which you could cancel crafting at a specific point and you ended up with a vendor item worth considerably more than the cost of the craft. It was quickly patched though.

Crafting had the most exploits in eq2 for dupes and whatever else, there's been lots of them over the duration of the game.

Hieromonk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Semi off subject, but it seems this one man studio managed to get noticed and is offering free test on steam

The kickstarter is the most basic I have ever seen...he's asking for 100k and will probably get it.

This thing will probably launch before Pantheon.
Thanks for digging out good stuff like this
I would never have discovered this game otherwise
Just pledged $50 to them and wonder when’s pantheon gonna deliver my $100 pledge