Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is interested you can watch, or listen while you work like I did, to the interviews by alovingrobot of former EQ & VG devs. You get some insight to what went on behind the scenes of both games. I know we like to shit on Brad but it got emotional a few times when they would talk about him & how much he helped them. Both Elidroth and Bill Fisher broke down at certain points. He made the point that how the Sigil thing went down tore Brad apart more than we think, and that he never fully recovered. That combined with his wife's cancer, who died only a month after he did, might have been one of the reasons for his early passing.

Did not know his wife passed right after him, what a sad end :*( I'm thankful for what he brought to the table... hell anytime a new TLE shows up, or I read the original EQ strategy guide (perfect toilet book lol) I get the itch to play...

Chris

Potato del Grande
I dont even have any Brad hate, I just want to be on record saying from everything I've seen / read, this game is never going to make it to a released state.
Everquest was an abberation, maybe because it was one of the first or because the graphical needs were less.

Every successful MMO and those that tried and most of those that got close have two things:
1) Established IP
2) Established Company

This is why Riot have released a bunch of games building up their IP, they knew that their League of Legends money wasn't enough.

What they should have done is spend all this time and money making a smaller game to launch their company and IP. As it stands, they could launch a decent game and they'll have very little interest in it.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think having an established IP means very much. Look at the all the established mmo IP's besides WoW - most failed. Warhammer, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lotr, Conan..I could go on and on. Any game that's good will find its audience, just look at Valheim.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

sindaael

<Banned>
This is seriously a mentally retarded problem. We lost to the god damn prison because I was chasing the wrong target. I would call it a stalemate if I have to. They are not this aware of the situation until now. Should try praying from over here. Guess I can't. I'm held accountable for this mistake. It has something to do with EQ if anything. There might be no tomorrow.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I figured the war is over with. They have decimated the telepathy headquarters. I launched an ISIS on them prior to this. I am forever lingering down here. That guy is a trained killer.

This is the revelation. Not the one I said before. We stalled on nuclear physics too long. So the nightmare has become a reality. Waking up every morning in pain.

The medication might have gotten in the way. So the miscalculation is gross. Invega is supposed to block intelligence. If yall know what I mean.

I did what I could. I have a long history of video games and college. To think I failed in the end.

This is seriously a mentally retarded problem. We lost to the god damn prison because I was chasing the wrong target. I would call it a stalemate if I have to. They are not this aware of the situation until now. Should try praying from over here. Guess I can't. I'm held accountable for this mistake. It has something to do with EQ if anything. There might be no tomorrow.
tenor.gif

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Can we just ban this retard? It's basically a bot posting spam.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol that’s sindaael from sol ro? The necro that was in paradigm I think. Or was it wizard in sultans of ro, or some eurofag guild now my memory’s shot.
Anyway looks like he needs meds

• 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think having an established IP means very much. Look at the all the established mmo IP's besides WoW - most failed. Warhammer, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lotr, Conan..I could go on and on. Any game that's good will find its audience, just look at Valheim.
They are all the ones that probably got some good box sales and came close to being a contender.

How many didn't have an IP and did as well as those?

I've literally never played a MMO without an IP, excluding Runescape as it was F2P. I played FF11, WoW, LotRO and FF14 all because of their IPs.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was thinking on this last night out of the blue. At the time no one gave it much thought as it didn't "exist" yet.
We know Brad was seeking foreign investors and was a big comic/anime fan. We also now know Covid didn't start in '20 but '19.
Being it was late into November, it makes you wonder if he got the Covids.

• 1Picard

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I was thinking on this last night out of the blue. At the time no one gave it much thought as it didn't "exist" yet.
We know Brad was seeking foreign investors and was a big comic/anime fan. We also now know Covid didn't start in '20 but '19.
Being it was late into November, it makes you wonder if he got the Covids.

I'd thought Brad killed himself, that's why there was all the secrecy surrounding his death (common under those of circumstances). But then again it's gaming, so we would have had a fucking kickstarter, charity drives, mental health awareness shit etc shoved in our faces about it all if that were the case. Honestly can't see them not grifting for cash if he did top himself.

Juries out, but it could have been Rona.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'd thought Brad killed himself, that's why there was all the secrecy surrounding his death (common under those of circumstances). But then again it's gaming, so we would have had a fucking kickstarter, charity drives, mental health awareness shit etc shoved in our faces about it all if that were the case. Honestly can't see them not grifting for cash if he did top himself.

Juries out, but it could have been Rona.
Accidental drug overdose maybe, you got the suicide stigma in terms of keeping it quiet, but it's harder to virtue signal about?

The guy must have had a lot of stress in both his personal and preofessional lives and I wouldn't blame him taking something to help.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Brad absolutely killed himself. Why else would everyone be so secretive about it? That or he OD'd on heroin, but that's harder to do than people think. I'd bet money he couldn't face another failure and peaced out. I hope his spirit moved on to Norrath.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Accidental drug overdose maybe, you got the suicide stigma in terms of keeping it quiet, but it's harder to virtue signal about?

The guy must have had a lot of stress in both his personal and preofessional lives and I wouldn't blame him taking something to help.

I think VR would have milked a suicide like fuck for cash given the chance as this seems to be a long grift, restarting the kickstarter once the legend McQuaid died would have been something I thought might happen.

Who knows what really happened, we all saw the state of Brad in the last couple of years, he looked fucking mashed, he even wrote a total load of bollocks on the VR blog thing a few times that everyone WTF'ed over. No doubt he had lots of problems personally and professionally. Given his history, I wouldn't be surprised if he relapsed, massive life changes are often a cause of relapses and he'd lost his wife shortly before his death. All you go to do is forget you don't have a tolerance and neck a couple pills and a bottle to many and bang, game over, purposefully or not.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Or maybe Brad faked his own death so he could focus on Pantheon full time.

1626821658964.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Tell em!!!

Malkav

French Madman
Brad just wanted to chase down some Angel investors. Turns out he is now in Hell trying to convince Satan to "become one of the Fallen" which is not really a great selling point for him.