This is our beloved fantasy version of Scam Citizen

Pantsison: Cries of the Wallet

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So this has basically been 8 years of theorycrafting and a bunch of nerds treating this like a hobby and not a business?

Anyone who donated money to this, without even seeing it get out of pre-Alpha first, was really just paying to support the MMO development version of a bunch of stoner nerds playing D&D in their parents basement.

Most of us don't even care about the "Vision", or any of the game's design or details, because none of that matters if Visionary Realms is still just spinning their tires and going nowhere. But they're still trying to sell the game like it's 2013.

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Unless we have concrete examples of what we're talking about here then it's just gamedev speak. Brad was very adamant about things such as no maps, especially dungeon maps. Has this changed?

We have decided on a map topography that will also have a fog of war but no mini map. The alternative was hitting the sense direction button over and over and leveling it to an integer of 255 so you knew which way was north - but we have gone well beyond that bit limitation now with the glory of Unity and have much more room for growth! We will have more detail on how the map topography works with a useless fog of war (We wanted to win a "Unique with Unity" contest as it gave us an extra grand to put towards our Netflix subscriptions) in 2025.

I'm more interested in the flow of grouping. You had mostly camps in EQ, but mostly dungeon crawling in Vanguard. Where does Pantheon lie on that spectrum?

As you can see from our gameplay videos, we have NPC enemies standing in groups doing absolutely nothing with the occasional NPC path'd to walk through pull lines to mess up your pull and confuse the mezzer. We feel this presents significant challenge and will result in a heart pounding experience when someone yells "ADD!!!!"

It sounds more and more like you are going with experience debt as opposed to flat xp loss. The big question is will your equipped gear be on your corpse or not?

This is still under debate across all the MMORPG forums we are monitoring since 2001. (With the same people posting the same theory crafting driv... ideas) With that said, danger is subjective, although I have fond memories of waiting outside a zone line for 12 hours hoping someone would come in and save our stuff while chowing down super mom gas station sandwiches. Stay tuned - more to come. Also, if interested, we will incorporate a part of your idea if you donate to us - stay tuned for more details as we develop the process for that - ETA 2024.

What I want to know is what a typical raid night for an average guild will look like. Modern WoW or FFXIV you have essentially infinite pulls with minimal downtime & use of consumables -it's purely a gear and skill check. For EQ or even vanilla WoW it was everything that came before the pull that made it difficult, the mechanics themselves were not very challenging. What is your guys vision for raiding?

As you can see from our fantastic grouping mechanics, we fully intend to understand that our target player base has gotten much older. We will take out those confusing macros, add an auto attack button and allow you to select 3 presets for special abilities (Which we still need to create) in a raid zone (Which is 50% completed in artwork via a 64 pack of Crayons) so you can firmly plant the raid boss (It's a naked human right now - more to come) in a corner so when you fall asleep after dinner you can wake up in the morning and be treated with the "Stay Awake you old fart" challenge (This actually comes with a title, for donators only) to see who gets all the loot. Basically we feel there is nothing more challenging than staying awake since by the time this comes out you will be playing this from an assisted living center. Imagine waking up, taking your blood pressure medicine, and at the same time rolling your wheelchair as fast as you can back to the computer to see if you are the only one moving around while everyone else is at a standstill and a raid boss laying there with 5 pieces of glowing loot all around - knowing you beat everyone else. Ninja loot that shit and get outta there, while at the same time causing a train for the competing assisted living center down the road. More to come on this in 2052. Yes, we do have some ideas for those with electric wheelchairs which can be modded to move faster than those poors who have to use their arms to push themselves. We are working on how to combat that now in our accessibility design phase.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GIF by WGN America

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can you two idiots stopping shitting up this thread with unrelated gifs? Let’s get back to shit that’s relevant to the game please.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Real talk tho. Nobody is trying to scam anyone and I don’t think anyone on the team is regretting their choice to work on the game. VR is a good company with good people who just wanna make a good game and are doing their best to make sure it happens. I know it’s hard sometimes from the outside looking in but it’s 100% truth. This game will make it out.

• 1Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Real talk tho. Nobody is trying to scam anyone and I don’t think anyone on the team is regretting their choice to work on the game. VR is a good company with good people who just wanna make a good game and are doing their best to make sure it happens. I know it’s hard sometimes from the outside looking in but it’s 100% truth. This game will make it out.

Fuck it I wasn't going to say much but I am going to straight up and call bullshit on this. The VR team spent and lost all their good will when Brad lied about shit when they did their failed fucking Kickstarter, since then they have shown to be incompetent scam artist at every fucking turn.

Even now after more than 8 years of producing jack and fucking shit you get someone to come here and speak in PR faggot talk. I would have more respect for these grifter pieces of shit if they honestly said their goal was to rob people. A fucking college student working making a game as a weekend hobby could of accomplished more than these faggots have in 8 years. They have some bus stop signs and fuzzy trolls.

If you wanna talk Pantheon at least don't blow smoke up peoples assholes here, we don't fucking appreciate it, and simply not lying to our fucking faces goes a long way towards building any trust or confidence in a product, something these scumfucks have never done since day 1.

They can't even admit they fucked up and pissed around for 8 years. As others have pointed out fucking games have been conceived, built, and finished in less time then we have been laughing at this failure group of losers. They have nothing, they show nothing, they are all talk, and no fucking substance, you know what that is Convo Convo , that's fucking vaporware, that is a fucking scam, always has been, always will be.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody is lying my man. I can even understand why people are mad tho. Plenty of mistakes have already been owned with this project. Not gonna dive into it. At the end of the day, the game being picked up and played is the ultimate jury and I do believe that is going to happen 100%

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s pretty hard to believe when they can’t even make it into alpha after eight years. I know they’ve scrapped the game multiple times but let’s say it’s only been in final form development for a year or two tops. It should still be in an alpha state with a rough time frame of beta and some outside testers getting involved. Since they still can’t even answer when that could be, from everyone’s stance this is vaporware due to those reasons. Words will not convince anyone at this point, action and content is the only thing that matters.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Pantsison: Cries of the Wallet

Dragging on for far too long, any momentum would've been lost by now

Not a scam? You guys are charging hundreds even thousands of dollars for a product that is NOT available. Prove me wrong if you have balls, put your game on Steam Early Access just like all the other indie games, and show everyone what you got. No?! I don't think so! But wait, here is more. You are charging $15 sub to borrow your fucking forum? WTF is this? That put you right up there with Scam Citizen.

lol.PNG

• 2Truth!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s pretty hard to believe when they can’t even make it into alpha after eight years. I know they’ve scrapped the game multiple times but let’s say it’s only been in final form development for a year or two tops. It should still be in an alpha state with a rough time frame of beta and some outside testers getting involved. Since they still can’t even answer when that could be, from everyone’s stance this is vaporware due to those reasons. Words will not convince anyone at this point, action and content is the only thing that matters.
I’ve never not believed a game should do the talking.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your words make it seem otherwise.
I’ve been here since 03. Do you really think I’m posting because I think people here are going to buy into pantheon before it’s out or having solid feedback from trusted players after NDA drops?
I’m not here to convince anyone. I only wanted to help clarify some misinformation cited by a few posters from a recent interview. I know most people here will at least try the game and give it a fair chance when the time comes. That’s all I care about.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Says the PR puppet.. Isn't your job to convince others to play it? Or did you quit that job/get fired? They run out of money to pay you? If you still work as their spokeman, I am not sure how you could come and say what you are saying with a straight face and expect people to swallow it.

Hell you have almost 2600 posts in this thread of PR work for them, the next closest is someone with 1k posts..

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Says the PR puppet.. Isn't your job to convince others to play it? Or did you quit that job/get fired? They run out of money to pay you? If you still work as their spokeman, I am not sure how you could come and say what you are saying with a straight face and expect people to swallow it.
He left a year or so ago. He believes in the team and product, I don’t think he’s lying or malicious. I just don’t think reality lines up with his beliefs.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He left a year or so ago. He believes in the team and product, I don’t think he’s lying or malicious. I just don’t think reality lines up with his beliefs.

Gone a year and still drinking the kool aid. Or is this more of protecting his rep among that industry. Wont be hired if they think you will burn your previous employer with all their dirty Laundry.

Was a much better thread, when it was just falling gifs and nigron with his "mad because brad". Convo had to come back and ruin it with the cult mantra.

• 1Truth!