Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Depends what the pals are rollin. Wizard is usually a good first class in a Bradquest. I like ports.

Convince those worms who conspired against you to correctly update the thread name.

Ppl is maaad.

Nirgon's Pantheon group on launch day - 2064.

Attachments

• 200lol.gif
    200lol.gif
    529.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is pretty tempting… If I pledge 10k I get to help them make a dungeon or raid. Imagine you all playing a dungeon/raid that I made.
This is a great way to cement your legacy as a forum staple. Imagine designing a raid that the fat, nerd LOSERS here absolutely shit their pants over. A whole forum making this face anytime your name is mentioned..

7a2.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is debatable:
That article is a jumbled mess of speculation, occasional fact, and the writers opinion. It's no secret that Brad wasn't a lead developer in the same way that someone like Jeff Kaplan was. He helped write and guide the design documents of both EQ & VG. He didn't do a lot of the ground work of the implementation and testing. Everyone knows this, it's not some revelation. All he ever talked about was the super high-level design philosophies of MMO's.

The author of that site is also an extreme Catholic fundamentalist.

ice_screenshot_20211206-192003.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
This is a great way to cement your legacy as a forum staple. Imagine designing a raid that the fat, nerd LOSERS here absolutely shit their pants over. A whole forum making this face anytime your name is mentioned..

7a2.jpg
cd4b90ee1e039de4e99a2eb3235e790b.jpg

• 4Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

7a2.jpg
I played that rpg designer game on ps1 like two decades ago. Being a game dev is easy as fuck. You plebes would love my content.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Unsettling how much I love EverQuest, yet I'd be afraid for any child to be left in any of the developers care for one reason or another.
This is the most random fucking post. “I loved X when I was a kid but I wouldn’t let the people who made it babysit my kids” LOL

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It takes quite a while to gather up that many SGs as someone has to be clearing all the random desert trash to make it happen.

The consensus they reached for having a pvp server was all the Fansy etc types would go there instead of act up on the carebear boxes.

Very excited.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
GO GO GOOD TEAM!

I remember when that first happened. First, the GMS were on Fansy's side, he was playing by the rules they implemented. He was too low level, so was never PvP flagged. He was seen as the hero we didn't deserve for the vastly underpopulated good team lol.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I remember when that first happened. First, the GMS were on Fansy's side, he was playing by the rules they implemented. He was too low level, so was never PvP flagged. He was seen as the hero we didn't deserve for the vastly underpopulated good team lol.

[Mon Jul 09 08:10:42 2001] Djembe tells you, 'Hello this is GM Djembe do you have a moment?'
[Mon Jul 09 08:10:47 2001] * GM-Admin *[60 Warlock] Djembe (Erudite) ZONE: oasis
[Mon Jul 09 08:10:52 2001] You told Djembe, 'sure'
[Mon Jul 09 08:11:03 2001] Djembe tells you, 'we need to talk about your zone disruption you are causing.'
Mon Jul 09 08:11:18 2001] You told Djembe, 'Alright. I have petitioned several times to ask if it was a problem'
[Mon Jul 09 08:11:32 2001] You told Djembe, 'One guide said it was perfectly legal, so I continued.'
[Mon Jul 09 08:12:15 2001] Djembe tells you, 'I would say it is legal if you were of a level where others could take recourse on you. But at level 5 they cannot do that now can they?'
[Mon Jul 09 08:12:49 2001] You told Djembe, 'Very true, which is why I chose this level.'
[Mon Jul 09 08:13:15 2001] You told Djembe, 'There were no rules against it when I began. Is one being created?'
[Mon Jul 09 08:13:38 2001] Djembe tells you, 'there has always been a rule about zone disruptions.'
[Mon Jul 09 08:15:07 2001] Djembe tells you, 'at some point you will get board of this little trick, and possibly venture on up in levels... what do you think you are doing to your reputation at this time?'
[Mon Jul 09 08:15:30 2001] You told Djembe, 'I don't care what the bad guys think of me.'

The sacred texts were preserved

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sadly I come from an ancient time in the days before the internet, so one thing these companies need to learn is to step back from heavy handed policing. Pretty much anything outside of doxxing, endangerment, or heavy over the top harassment should get a pass and let the community police itself.

Unintended consequences are what make an Online Persistent World feel alive. Crazy interactions are far more memorable than killing random NPC_Gnollfag01 for the 783rd time.

• 3Like
  • 3Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That article is a jumbled mess of speculation, occasional fact, and the writers opinion. It's no secret that Brad wasn't a lead developer in the same way that someone like Jeff Kaplan was. He helped write and guide the design documents of both EQ & VG. He didn't do a lot of the ground work of the implementation and testing. Everyone knows this, it's not some revelation. All he ever talked about was the super high-level design philosophies of MMO's.

The author of that site is also an extreme Catholic fundamentalist.

View attachment 386452
Mary was an example of a historical Chad though. Literally created a religion that subjugated beta males for 2000+ years because she had a 'virgin' birth.

Virgin... riiiiiight.

That chick got around, and made up an entire religion to get out of admitting she fucked around.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but the thread has some entertaining gifs that I find fairly funny.

However, how in the fug can someone look at this game and think it is has even the most remote chance to launch..much less be successful?

Like, just looking at the videos they release...this would be considered old shovelware that cant even compete with titles made 15 years ago.

And removing any comments about graphics etc, the combat looks like absolute dogshit with 4 toons standing around a single mob for 2 mins or such with little to no movement or abilities being fired off...

No matter what promises are given here, the gameplay looks horrendous.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Strange, I spend more time on project diablo 2 and it holds my interest better than modern "great games"