lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good example of all they have done for 8+ years is talk about game mechanics in minute detail... yet, they don't even have a game to implement it in.

Talk is cheap and he sounds like a politician making false promises to get elected.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, Im not going to listen to any of these podcasts. When I was checking to see if that video had any actual content to show, I heard them talking about leashing and its distance. Why couldnt* they just show a 30 second clip of a mob leashing while talking about it? Im sure there are more examples that can be shown while talking about it in that video, yet they arent. I dont want to just hear about things, I want to SEE them too! If they actually do have this shit implemented, and there is an actual game - they flat out fucking fail at marketing.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Podcasts about leashing and distance. That’s the kind of shit you just discuss and tweak with beta testers.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Will there be a climbing skill? I think your hero should get very tired when he's climbing a high mountain. Certain mountains would only be accessible by people with a lot of +Climbing gear on. Think of the possibilities!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Podcasts about leashing and distance. That’s the kind of shit you just discuss and tweak with beta testers.
I've personally cannot wait, variable leash distances and leash behaviour has always been an important feature for me.

Most games have actually removed unlimited leashing and leash mechanics like daze, imagine that!

There's nothing better than walking at half speed to the zone line spam healing/potioning yourself and hoping that you won't lose more minutes of game time on a corpse run.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Will there be a climbing skill? I think your hero should get very tired when he's climbing a high mountain. Certain mountains would only be accessible by people with a lot of +Climbing gear on. Think of the possibilities!

Silly dev - that's stamina. Before it's implemented, I think what really needs to happen though is 4 weekly recurring meetings an hour long to define what stamina really is. Once that is defined, definitely need to meet on accessibility when climbing. Once that is defined, make sure to plan the meetings on weather effects on accessible climbers with dynamic stamina benefits and the psychological impact on fun. Make sure to invite Raph Koster for that. Plan 8 hours. Once that is complete, let's kick that over to internal alpha testers and garner feedback and revisit everything mentioned above. Then we need the focus test group. Let's get some of those guys from the FOH forum. It's good marketing. After that, we can discuss itemization bonuses to climbing to counter the focus testers group feedback.

Milestone - Climbing - 2 years 3 months. Give or take.

New Producer for game hired from Coca Cola enters the final meeting on deployment after 2 years and 3 months (Give or take) for climbing: "Hey all, climbing isn't fun - let's scrap it. Thanks all see ya next month"

Then 4 months before launch reinsert climbing designed by one guy on a couch during covid. Enter Crunch, and cry for the union.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users