Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
What are you idiots arguing about? Why the fuck are you arguing about this stupid ass shit, in this thread/tomb for a game that doesn't and will never exist? YO!! Log off the internet you two dudes arguing. Breathe some air, put this shit away. It's gone too far for you. This is not meant to be disrespectful!! Its cringe as fuck.

You must be new here.

first time GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I am waiting for Mcfly to sit down with me one on one and ask me about "anything" MMO-related. He is my favorite MMO streamer, and he runs the FOH podcast. The Captain will make it happen on his podcast. This way, I am protected from VR and FOH at the same time. They would never turn on their own kind.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Ck is a highly cool dude, and I know I will get a fair shake with him. He has a good radio voice, and people will listen to him. I will buy him a six-pack of whatever he wants to drink when we sit around and chat.

Groove

Trakanon Raider
I assume it's the same Kilsin that played Vanguard. I remember him well; was guilded w/him in Exile. He was a chill dude back then, and great player. Was one of the few who knew the way and could FD in Stiirhad (where the trash 1-shot you) competently to get everyone to Syranoth (who was killable and had a loot table).

IIrc he was a mall security guard or something back then.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I have no doubt Kilsin was a good player, and the only issue I ever had with him was when he tried to set me up by trying to get me to sign the NDA when none of the other content creators were asked to sign the same NDA, too, to get special privileges or interviews. Killin has me on ignore. It's pretty sad for a community manager to do it to a Black Rose pledge level supporter. I know they would have used the NDA to hang over my head. I was accused of being a simp for Liz Woolley. Because a week after Brad died, Liz asked me how Brad died, and I told her of natural causes. I let Brasse know that Liz was asking about Brad, and she freaked out on me. She told me never to contact her again; I grew up with Brasse on Quellious because she was our senior guide/GM.

Twenty years ago, Liz sued SOE after her son committed suicide playing EQ. She would go around to all the talk shows. Dr. Phil and Oprah talked about the internet gaming addiction with Liz and the hard-hitting reality. I, personally, think internet addiction is real. I dropped 5 k on RMT one day. It was a very dumb thing to do, but I had the money at the time. Vanguard had a lot of issues, but I believe Liz was the deciding blow in the death of Vanguard. I think Microsoft got scared and pulled out.

Furthermore, as I said before today, I didn't need any permission to do content for Pantheon. My content has always been positive towards Pantheon. I never spoke ill about Brad on the forums or the Aradune Facebook page when I had my websites up and running. I had just a handful of posts on the Pantheon forums, and most of them were related to my community web pages. I gave away Pantheon prize support a couple of times in the six months. I never played Vanguard, but they have slapped the new label on a Vanguard-EQ product, from what I understand. But they no longer own Vanguard or EQ anymore. The funny thing was Jason Epstein used to pay Brad royalty checks every month for his original concept.

in addition to the idea of content and Pantheon, I have always thought that Darkpaw should buy Pantheon and make it like Vanguard 3.0 should have been. Vanguard is a dead property for Darkpaw, making no money. The Pantheon staff is all the old vanguard raid leaders or skilled players. Do they understand the game, and Vanguard was ahead of its time? Many of the abilities that EQ still uses today came from Vanguard initially, like targets target healing. So, why create a new game when you already have so much old content from the original prototype concept that you aren't using? VR wants to remake a Vanguard-Everquest model. Somehow, there needs to be a meeting of the minds somewhere to get what they want, and both companies win. I would put VR people in charge of the EG7 partially built task force.

Finally, EG7 already has so much money and a workforce that could give it the attention it needs, and then they would have the people who know how the game concepts work and function. But I feel it is money and an ego thing here, even though they don't seem natural enemies. Diversity in your games will keep your competition at bay.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think Darkpaw would be willing to take the risk of buying a new IP that's stuck in such an early stage of development-hell when they're clearly making decent money from people's nostalgia for a 1999 game. They're not Smed-era SOE that was willing to take a punt at things.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think Darkpaw would be willing to take the risk of buying a new IP that's stuck in such an early stage of development-hell when they're clearly making decent money from people's nostalgia for a 1999 game. They're not Smed-era SOE that was willing to take a punt at things.
What even IS the IP?

I don't know what the Pantheon or the Fallen are.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why the fuck would you ever associate with Liz Woolley? She's your standard low iq parent who tried to blame her child's suicide on a video game/metal music/D&D/pot... fill in the blank. She's been on a crusade against MMO's ever since. Fuck that fat bitch.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's a very good chance this dude has never even talked to her or has only interacted in a way far less than what he describes. Imagining relationships with celebrities (mmo celebrities here) is a classic delusion. Tad10, anyone?

• 2Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
There's a very good chance this dude has never even talked to her or has only interacted in a way far less than what he describes. Imagining relationships with celebrities (mmo celebrities here) is a classic delusion. Tad10, anyone?
condsidering that he plays TLP with James Earl Jones and Furor, I wouldn't be surprised that sox has other a-listers on speed dial

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I will tell you how I know her. Back in 2003-2005 ish, I bought an account of a player who was an absolute turd in the game and who makes furor look like a choir boy. This guy was having an issue with this guild, Harlequin Smile. According to urban legend, he had sold his account because he supposedly killed his wife and was BCDed out of the military for drugs and drinking. All of my internet cafe friends had gone to play this new game called WOW, maybe you have heard it, and I stayed back playing EQ. I played an enchanter and never really raided. I had plat but no raid gear.

I would sell KEI at the nexus stone 12 hours a day. So, I left Quellious, transferred to Prexus, and ran into this guild. The guild is so rough for me that I wanted to quit. This monk was warping around and hacking shit in IW during this time. I kept reporting him because nothing ever happened to him. Someone was pissing on you. You start pissing on other people. So, this guild leader told me that Brad would kick my ass hard one day. I had no idea who the fuck Brad was, so I called SOE when you could talk to someone, and they patched me over to the executive office. Gordon Wynn tried to help me, and it started a fight in the office with him and Brad while Smed was there. Brad threatens to fire Gordon on the spot because Gordon comments, " What if he goes to Liz Woolley? Who the fuck was Liz, I was thinking? They gave me a free name change and server transfer. GM Existan(MW) took care of everything. I was curious about who this Liz Woman was. I wasn't in the know back in the day like I am today. I was a very casual player. My father had cancer, and I would take him to his treatment sessions when I wasn't playing EQ. I looked Liz up and started talking to her. I have mixed feelings on the subject. She gave me my Jack Thompson email and phone number if I ever had an issue with them again. Liz hates all gamers, including her son, who she kicked out of her house before his suicide. Liz was a recovering addict herself. I just wanted to play my game in peace. I gave away the account and moved on. The report was banned about six months later.

What needs to happen if EG7 already owns a dead property in Vanguard. Let VR take over the property again, use EG7 staff, and continue developing Vanguard. VR is doing the same thing with Pantheon. At this point, Pantheon needs a new name change anyway. Too much lousy mojo with the game now. I don't think players would give a shit about a recent name change back to Vanguard again. Btw there is already a game called Pantheon. Ideally, I think the fans would be relieved at this point. Doesn't EG7 still pay intellectual property rights to the McQuaid daughter anyway?

Last edited:
  • 1Committed
  • 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The story is about to get good. It would make great Mcfly FOH material...I was a bard initially, so I know how to entertain people and keep them captive like a good ele snake charmer. I am the "Joe Dirt" of EQ.