Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Chris

Potato del Grande
UO Did the shards thing first.
You can pretty much find some form of every MMORPG storyline in old D20 books. The whole basis of Vanguard was based on the Planescape books even to the name of the company, Sigil Games. Sigil is the name of the city that was the portal realm between all of the other planes in the Planescape universe.

I would assume that most if not all MMORPG storylines come from form of pre-existing D20 universe.
So Pantheon doesn't even have an original IP concept lol.

What is the selling point again? Death penalties and camping? My first MMO was FF11 and that shit got me quitting within a month.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Pantheon doesn't even have an original IP concept lol.

What is the selling point again? Death penalties and camping? My first MMO was FF11 and that shit got me quitting within a month.
Uh its clearly currency weight.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I am not scared in the slightest. Your move champ.

straight-face-the-office.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
As I said before I try to be honest with people and, oftentimes, my condition gets in the way. I am far from perfect and that is ok. I care about people. The gaming industry is a very secretive powerful organization much like the Mob that looks out for its benefit to survive in today's world. I hear that Scott Hartsman can't even mention Shawn Woolley's name without breaking down in tears. I guess there is nothing wrong with that idea if you are in the gaming industry. The passion has been replaced with corporate greed. They expect you to give them money and maybe they will do better with your concerns next time. I never expect to win all the time. I just ask they be consistent. It has gotten out of control with this pay-to-win shit, and it is destroying people's lives. People want to belong to something and to be a part of the community. Gatekeeping is ruining the game industry. You lose your identity when you join a community. Never break character. I think people should stand up more for what they believe in.

The fuck is with you and Shawn Woolley?

Nobody remembers that shit and nobody but his mom ever cried about him in the first place, let alone "to this day"

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
In the early years, the community was different.
People gave a shit. People were more outspoken. The Mystery Incident was a hot mess. They banned a player for an out-of-game fan fiction story about a naughty DE. The guy got the idea from the cover of the Ruins of Kunark. He threatened to sue claiming the rogue epic gave people the inspiration of murdering a halving fetus for an epic reward item. Now EQ is still supporting the idea of murder of an unborn fetus to this day.
I heard they had a funeral for Shawn in OOT on the ECI server. He is the reason that we have a seizure warning on the box in EQ.

The virtual has some bearing in the real world today.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
In the early years, the community was different.
People gave a shit. People were more outspoken. The Mystery Incident was a hot mess. They banned a player for an out-of-game fan fiction story about a naughty DE. The guy got the idea from the cover of the Ruins of Kunark. He threatened to sue claiming the rogue epic gave people the inspiration of murdering a halving fetus for an epic reward item. Now EQ is still supporting the idea of murder of an unborn fetus to this day.
I heard they had a funeral for Shawn in OOT on the ECI server. He is the reason that we have a seizure warning on the box in EQ.

The virtual has some bearing in the real world today.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reading this thread is like having multiple people on ignore, missing all the context and getting random replies.

More GIFs and less talking.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Original content is coming. The captain's blog. and the DTS podcast. I have 1000s of news feeds coming daily.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf