Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Your solution is to literally not play anything then.
A lot of people like to make it sound like they dont play, or wouldnt play anything available right now. Yet half of them forget to go dark on their launcher's and still play the games they talk the most shit about.

...And no Nirgon, Im not talking about you.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't call the later FF14 expansions bland lmao.

For what it is FF14 is great, its just super tedious and drab. The overworld looks interesting till youre actually running around and it just lacks life/substance. Ive leveled to max a few times and its always feels like im more of a chore than anything in WoW, which is saying alot since questing in WoW or more games is a chore as well.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Your solution is to literally not play anything then.

Not any MMOs

Elden Ring, Total Warhammer 2, Project Diablo 2, WC3 champions have all been great

FF 14 was the most bland, AIDS, pointless shit I ever played for an MMO. You gotta be a super weeb or constantly promising yourself it will be worth it to make it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Not any MMOs

Elden Ring, Total Warhammer 2, Project Diablo 2, WC3 champions have all been great

FF 14 was the most bland, AIDS, pointless shit I ever played for an MMO. You gotta be a super weeb or constantly promising yourself it will be worth it to make it.
I tanked all of the Eden raids on Savage difficulty in FFXIV-Shadowbringers. I would say the raids are a hell of a lot more fun than any other part of the game. But thats not enough to prop up the rest, especially if you dont like or care about the story (which I didnt). I havent even looked at Endwalker because something clicked after the last raid in SB's, and Im just apathetic about the whole game now. But Im glad FFXIV brings a healthy dose of competition to the MMO genre.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If I cant force myself thru a leveling process to see an end game it's beyond all cringes.

Having watched pals do the fights, I can see why it was over quick.

Now, FF11? I think it was? I watched a guy in college in some top guild ninja tank shit. His house was littered with McDonalds bags and he absolutely raped that content. If I remember right it was competitive with other guilds (BOO HOO TOXIC) for mobs and kinda drew me in but I never played it.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I missed all of cata, panda, 1/4 of wrath, all of the dranei one with the town stuff... anything else in between...

almost all of classic nax....

So no.

Your narrative is garbage, the game you want is already out and sucks for anyone who enjoys real MMO.

At least you're not trying to get Mr. Sox shawwed or banned anymore? Way to learn to have some fun instead of kvetching about anyone who doesntly completely agree with "no zones and bankrupt".

I mean for god sake we have literal Diablo Immortal clowns in here talking shit LOL. Can ya believe it!!! Real live ones!!!
Why play WoW though? It was boring. Not even decent open world pvp. You missed all the good pvp games?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Absolutely could not get into that game. Tried "scholar" after being pestered into playing it a ton, was terrible.

A month later, everyone who said "it gets so much better at end game" was gone. I made the right decision.

You have to be obsessed with weebery to keep going.
Sounds like you need something a little more action packed at the start like WoW, you need patience for proper MMOs.

yerm

It's funny because Nirgon has probably played more wow than anyone else in this thread, especially modern/recent wow. A lot of us played but didn't like it and quit, maybe went back for eq tlps or other games. He played the everliving shit out of it, recently.

So it's hard to listen to claims from someone who clearly loved the hell out of recent wow. Adored it. Wanted it so much that it broke his heart when they lied about being able to farm it even more when really he wasn't able to. The rest of us ACTUALLY want a classic mmo.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's funny because Nirgon has probably played more wow than anyone else in this thread, especially modern/recent wow.
It's even more funny that he still goes around and flaunts his achievements in this "soft ass bitch MMO", like 2300 rating.

The rest of us ACTUALLY want a classic mmo.
I think the critical debate is about what "classic" actually entails.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's funny because Nirgon has probably played more wow than anyone else in this thread, especially modern/recent wow.

Completely wrong there Mr Blue pill LOL.

Desperate flails here, which is most of the thread tbh.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Well if you'd stop posting in this thread then at least 90% of the desperate flailing will cease.(it was Right There!)
Excited Celebration GIF by Hockey Players Club

• 1Like

yerm

You've probably spent more time talking ABOUT wow and accusing other people of liking it, than I've spent literally playing the game.

What really gets me is that you didn't quit wow because you hated wow. You didn't quit because the game wasn't for you. That's what I did, not you, a LONG time ago. You quit because the devs drove you off. Not the game. You wanted more wow gameplay, more modern mmo mudflated legendary gooberness, more of it all. You quit because the devs lied to you. The devs ruined your experience. So I don't even buy into you being a hardcore at all; I think you like soft modern mmos and your issue is shit bliz devs. If the folks running wow had been honest and forthright and maybe even MORE generously dumping modern wowery into your lap, you'd have kept playing the game.

Tldr you're a wow kid and a classic mmo fraudster.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
A lot of people like to make it sound like they dont play, or wouldnt play anything available right now. Yet half of them forget to go dark on their launcher's and still play the games they talk the most shit about.

...And no Nirgon, Im not talking about you.

6e0.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You've probably spent more time talking ABOUT wow and accusing other people of liking it, than I've spent literally playing the game.

What really gets me is that you didn't quit wow because you hated wow. You didn't quit because the game wasn't for you. That's what I did, not you, a LONG time ago. You quit because the devs drove you off. Not the game. You wanted more wow gameplay, more modern mmo mudflated legendary gooberness, more of it all. You quit because the devs lied to you. The devs ruined your experience. So I don't even buy into you being a hardcore at all; I think you like soft modern mmos and your issue is shit bliz devs. If the folks running wow had been honest and forthright and maybe even MORE generously dumping modern wowery into your lap, you'd have kept playing the game.

Tldr you're a wow kid and a classic mmo fraudster.

Ya if randomly assigned items that were capped on acquisition didn't determine so much, and the company wasn't so clueless about their own game? Oh ya you mean like when Blizzard had actual talent and was still the one we all knew and loved? Yeah I woulda stuck around like I for with their games. I hate to break it to you, but you refusing to admit that doesn't mean it isn't true.

They're something completely new and totally clueless compared to the golden years. It's obvious who has filled their ranks and the garbage that's spewed out since.

Then, there is absolutely no chance I've spent more time writing little posts in here than anyone here has in just one expansion of raiding. Crazy, extreme and laughable to suggest that.

You don't seem to like me pointing out the obvious. Keep pretending I was some casual who never raided and only took in 5 arena losses a week for free points. Truly a baseless and, again, obviously extreme reach to attack someone you don't agree with.

yerm

Ya if randomly assigned items that were capped on acquisition didn't determine so much, and the company wasn't so clueless about their own game? Oh ya you mean like when Blizzard had actual talent and was still the one we all knew and loved? Yeah I woulda stuck around like I for with their games. I hate to break it to you, but you refusing to admit that doesn't mean it isn't true.

They're something completely new and totally clueless compared to the golden years. It's obvious who has filled their ranks and the garbage that's spewed out since.

Then, there is absolutely no chance I've spent more time writing little posts in here than anyone here has in just one expansion of raiding. Crazy, extreme and laughable to suggest that.

You don't seem to like me pointing out the obvious. Keep pretending I was some casual who never raided and only took in 5 arena losses a week for free points. Truly a baseless and, again, obviously extreme reach to attack someone you don't agree with.

I'm not and never have implied you were a casual or a failure. I am and have been arguing that you are a modern mmo-er and a wowkid. I quit wow because it was too simplistic and spoon fed. You quit because the devs lied. I liked eq, especially old eq, because it was full of freedom and exploits and imbalance and competition. I loved the tlps because even with modern eq, playing those past eras recaptured the feeling. The high point of mmos for me were eq tlps - beating tunat on combine (pve) and beating faceless on selo (pvpve). I'd love an mmo to come along and capture some of that again. I'm scared that herds and herds of modern gamers who like their scripted and generic and overplentiful modern garbage may ruin it. And my concern, naturally, is that you're one of them. You may dress in oldschool clothing but you're a modern gamer. That's my fear.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You may dress in oldschool clothing but you're a modern gamer. That's my fear.

I show great disdain for all things Modern McMMO and put my money where my mouth is. I have no idea how you draw some of your conclusions, but most are baseless attacks. This shit ain't personal, not to me at least. Then again I don't have the Bradmads yet, that comes later.

When the time is right I will let you know, "I have the Bradmads like many of you did before me".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I show great disdain for all things Modern McMMO and put my money where my mouth is. I have no idea how you draw some of your conclusions, but most are baseless attacks. This shit ain't personal, not to me at least. Then again I don't have the Bradmads yet, that comes later.

Hate to break it to you Grandpa but WoW is pretty far from Modern day MMO. That game is 18 years old it's been out for twice as long as you have been day dreaming of jerking off to Fuzzy Trolls. The world has moved past you and decided it doesn't want you or care about your dollars. I know it's hard to swallow but your target market of aging middle age middle class faggots want to pretend to be females in an online elf simulator isn't a profitable niche.

• 1Like