Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
MartyWendyBryde.jpg

"Wendy and I are delighted to become equity investors into Visionary Realms and FreedomPay's next generation data-driven commerce platform, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. We are truly thankful that Chris Kronenthal presented us with this opportunity to be a part of a leading-edge payment system that is simple, swift, and secure" - Marty Byrde, Navarro Cartel

• 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
buffs, climbin, npc behavior, xpin, loggin in and out, melee, quests, "immersion system" pop ups, pathing, casting animations

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Also this community: "guh huh sure wish someone'd make a good classic style MMO again"
I'd be in that camp if I had time. I struggle to find enough for games I can pause, so MMOs are basically out of the question at this point. Certainly not diving into anything that would remotely resemble EQ, as much as I loved it. Shitposting though... always got time for that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'd be in that camp if I had time. I struggle to find enough for games I can pause, so MMOs are basically out of the question at this point. Certainly not diving into anything that would remotely resemble EQ, as much as I loved it. Shitposting though... always got time for that.

I'm waiting until I actually retire, I should be good to go then. I'll probably be in an old folks home by the time this releases in any shape or form, but hopefully my kids hold their nose and drop me off at one that has an active LAN party type setup, and not one of those weird nursing homes where the residents collect STDs like Pokemon cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
buffs, climbin, npc behavior, xpin, loggin in and out, melee, quests, "immersion system" pop ups, pathing, casting animations
Last I heard the game wasn't persistent, can you prove that people have logged in and out without losing their stuff?

• 1Truth!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Plot twist, pantheon devs have spent the last 10 years developing sox.exe to defend their game on the FoH forums. They just couldn't stand the hate.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also this community: "guh huh sure wish someone'd make a good classic style MMO again"
Eh, there's a handful of people clamoring for a "classic style mmo" ; the vast majority of people want something between where WoW is now and EQ was during SoV.

It's the part that the target audience is extremely small (though vocal) and retention for players who aren't part of that tiny target group would be abysmal even if people check it out on launch. It's hard to get real investors and backing (both are which are needed to successfully produce a working/mostly bug free game in a reasonable amount of time) if ROI looks small and longterm as opposed to large and up front/continuing.

Game may actually release, but it's going to have a P99 sized playerbase. Which if that is what the team wants/expects, then hey, great. But it's simply not going to be some financial success story for awhile at least, especially given how much money they've received from the grift and "donations" and how much has been squandered along the way.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Eh, there's a handful of people clamoring for a "classic style mmo" ; the vast majority of people want something between where WoW is now and EQ was during SoV.

It's the part that the target audience is extremely small (though vocal) and retention for players who aren't part of that tiny target group would be abysmal even if people check it out on launch. It's hard to get real investors and backing (both are which are needed to successfully produce a working/mostly bug free game in a reasonable amount of time) if ROI looks small and longterm as opposed to large and up front/continuing.

Game may actually release, but it's going to have a P99 sized playerbase. Which if that is what the team wants/expects, then hey, great. But it's simply not going to be some financial success story for awhile at least, especially given how much money they've received from the grift and "donations" and how much has been squandered along the way.

They've also had those type of games also. The idea that nobody has tried a classic style MMO is complete bullshit.

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
Last I heard the game wasn't persistent, can you prove that people have logged in and out without losing their stuff?
Correct, there is no publicly confirmed, enumerated, or stated persistence layer, yet.
So far, ALL of the pre-alpha tests have been utilizing and demonstrating session persistence only.
They have also, to date, only been scheduled for very brief periods. A few hours per testing session, and only one or two testing sessions ANNUALLY.
For those who have difficulty with reading comprehension, I'll repeat that: As a whale donator, you get to pay USD$1000+ for the privilege of maybe testing for a few hours during a pre-assigned window of testing, per YEAR, from 2014 to 2022.
In some years, there was exactly one testing window. One. And if you were fortunate, you got to test for 2 hours in that year. Weeoo.

They have not publicly stated what actual database product they have deployed for their persistence layer. As in, the thing that makes an MMO an MMO? Yeah, that thing. No public information. From the "transparent" development team of "veterans". Riiiight.

Meanwhile, the ECO team has their entire goddamned design, including ALL layers, ( persistence as well ! ) posted in their Discord as a pinned topic. Because their shit just works.

Chris

Potato del Grande
As a whale donator, you get to pay USD$1000+ for the privilege of maybe testing for a few hours during a pre-assigned window of testing, per YEAR, from 2014 to 2022.
Thanks for the info. The years really caught my attention.

So Breath of the Wild was 2017 and Genshin Impact 2020... with unrestricted climbing mechanics.

A complete game launched with their new mechanic then another complete game iterated on it. But these guys are stuck with their basic 2014 version without gliding.

This is why you can't be this slow, nothing they innovate is going to stay a new innovation if they can't launch it.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Correct, there is no publicly confirmed, enumerated, or stated persistence layer, yet.
So far, ALL of the pre-alpha tests have been utilizing and demonstrating session persistence only.
They have also, to date, only been scheduled for very brief periods. A few hours per testing session, and only one or two testing sessions ANNUALLY.
For those who have difficulty with reading comprehension, I'll repeat that: As a whale donator, you get to pay USD$1000+ for the privilege of maybe testing for a few hours during a pre-assigned window of testing, per YEAR, from 2014 to 2022.
In some years, there was exactly one testing window. One. And if you were fortunate, you got to test for 2 hours in that year. Weeoo.

They have not publicly stated what actual database product they have deployed for their persistence layer. As in, the thing that makes an MMO an MMO? Yeah, that thing. No public information. From the "transparent" development team of "veterans". Riiiight.

Meanwhile, the ECO team has their entire goddamned design, including ALL layers, ( persistence as well ! ) posted in their Discord as a pinned topic. Because their shit just works.
ECO team?

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I am going to go deep inside the Soxx for a minute to express a unique philosophical thought most people won't understand until I tell this story and then some of you still won't understand it. High School grads. People spend 15+ years hanging out together at class-celebrating birthday parties, football games, and school dances. Until one fateful day in May when the class of students meets for one final time together and they celebrate their journey from kindergarten to high school. It will be the last time that the graduating class will be together to witness something unique in their lifetime. Some people will get involved in drugs and alcohol, some people will die young tragically. some people will go on to greater things like finding a cure for a deadly disease and some people will just settle down, and then raise a family and work every day until they grow old.

• 2Worf
  • 1NPC
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I am going to go deep inside the Soxx for a minute to express a unique philosophical thought most people won't understand until I tell this story and then some of you still won't understand it. High School grads. People spend 15+ years hanging out together at class-celebrating birthday parties, football games, and school dances. Until one fateful day in May when the class of students meets for one final time together and they celebrate their journey from kindergarten to high school. It will be the last time that the graduating class will be together to witness something unique in their lifetime. Some people will get involved in drugs and alcohol, some people will die young tragically. some people will go on to greater things like finding a cure for a deadly disease and some people will just settle down, and then raise a family and work every day until they grow old.
You forgot the unique philosophical thought in your banal accounting of going through school.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
ECO team?
Evercraft Online. It's an MMO with grouping required like EQ, but with voxels, and these crazy bastards had their last completely free public test on June 18th, 2022. That test was far more successful than anything Visionary Realms has produced in over 8 years, and it had more complete content, spells, skills, NPCs, quests, races and classes, too.

• 1Like