lets-get-it-done-get-it-done.gif

giphy.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's over:

Bad publicity is still publicity. What bothered me the most about this "nathan napalm"'s video is that he had fucking spelling error after spelling error. Then, on top of that - you can tell his native language is English but he makes up fifty different suffixes. Just aggravating to watch his videos.
giphy.gif

I cant believe you found that shit. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing that pisses me off is how Pantheon is giving old school MMO's a bad name. If the game actually looked good w/decent animations it might have won some people over. Now we're just being laughed at.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The thing that pisses me off is how Pantheon is giving old school MMO's a bad name. If the game actually looked good w/decent animations it might have won some people over. Now we're just being laughed at.
The art style is a big culprit.

You can't have Runescape animations and FF14 graphics. It looks uncanny and janky. They should have gone for stylized like WoW.

However the reason is probably that's the graphical style of the stock Unity assets they are using.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a really, really, retarded take by some/many folks who want a "hardcore" "old school" mmo that stylized graphics are somehow indicative of themeparks/etc. Except, you know, the highly stylized artwork of Everquest. It leads designers to want to lean more heavily into "badly optimized" vs. "functional" for their game where they repeatedly say that the graphics don't matter and that it's the gameplay that is king.

Very, very, Pantheon.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is this a good time to link the alpha dark portal pic?

I'm 5minutes in and he's poster child for crying about no insta queues and flying mounts. Sad.

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's a really, really, retarded take by some/many folks who want a "hardcore" "old school" mmo that stylized graphics are somehow indicative of themeparks/etc. Except, you know, the highly stylized artwork of Everquest. It leads designers to want to lean more heavily into "badly optimized" vs. "functional" for their game where they repeatedly say that the graphics don't matter and that it's the gameplay that is king.

Very, very, Pantheon.
Yeah that's retarded and remember it from back in the day when WoW got big.

I think it's more about the capabilities of your art team and the system requirements you are going for. Styalized art served WoW well for having low requirements and looking good long term, it sank a bunch of their early competitors for being too ambitious and later FF14 1.0 and it's ultra mega high defintion flowerpots of lag.

Pantheon is in a bad spot where they don't have the art team for even simpler stylised graphics and are going for the more complex graphics unity store assets offer, which means janky shitty animations.

Was funny seeing Asmongold watching a dungeon encounter where the characters were taking an action once every few seconds on this poor NPC Priestess women with a massive HP pool who didn't seem to be doing anything.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is this a good time to link the alpha dark portal pic?

I'm 5minutes in and he's poster child for crying about no insta queues and flying mounts. Sad.

I don't think he or anyone else cares about the lack of flying mounts. It's the literal graphics and the combat mechanics. Looks like shit.

Post the dark portal alpha screenshot. How many years in was that one? What did wow look like after the same time pantheon has had?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ppl mad about alpha graphics, and brain rotting about them being the final version of it is why I keep coming back here for laughs

• 1Moron

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ppl mad about alpha graphics, and brain rotting about them being the final version of it is why I keep coming back here for laughs
Oh so you are claiming that they are going to do a graphics overhaul? They didn't do it right the first time?

Or are you claiming that what they spent 8 years making is the equivalent to WoW's janky pre alpha where they hacked the War3 engine to do it?

Either way it's not looking good!

Chris

Potato del Grande
"overhaul" aka remove alpha place holders

Do I need to link the WoW alpha stuff again?
I addressed that moron.

So you are claiming that they are only up to the early alpha which WoW was in when it had shitty models? After EIGHT years.