Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thinking unity assets are just placeholders for pantheon is just pure copium, they don't have the budget to do anything like overhauling the entire fucking game lol if you remember they specifically went with unity because it's cheaper and they could crowd source the assets.

Unless one of you is going to start animating new models for literally every object in the game, for free, that's what launch pantheon is going to look like.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I addressed that moron.

So you are claiming that they are only up to the early alpha which WoW was in when it had shitty models? After EIGHT years.

Ya they really wasted the billion dollar AAA budget and gigantic corporate office full of talent they have

Your brain is super rotted lol

The question is why? Why hate this so much?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know if these are placeholders or going to be what ships or whatever. Don't care!

I have a strong feeling that if Pantheon's final art leans towards the highly stylized ala WoW, a lot of the prospective playerbase would complain loudly and often. There's a mental disorder with a big chunk of the "hardcore mmo" crowd that immediately equates graphical style with underlying quality, and it is their inborn hatred of WoW that fuels this. Several of my old EQ gaming associates fall into this trap - it's fairly comical.

Given the size of the Pantheon team, they would do themselves a big favor by ditching the attempt at a realistic look when they start redoing all the art assets.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ya they really wasted the billion dollar AAA budget and gigantic corporate office full of talent they have

Your brain is super rotted lol

The question is why? Why hate this so much?
I don't hate it, it's just funny to talk about.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I mean, some people think FF14 is the pinnacle of MMO gaming and classic EverQuest style is trash. To each their own lols.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eq fucked up animations with luclin and was rightly shit on for it; people still shit on them. New world gets shit on for everything else but people are fine with the animations. We're a pretty reasonable bunch around here.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
FF14 is alright, but vastly overrated with almost zero story
Obvious troll is obvious.

edit - FF14 is a different game than EQ. It has objectively harder group content than anything EQ has ever even come within pissing distance of. It's also incredibly solo friendly - so much so that a big portion of the playerbase plays entirely solo. It doesn't require a player to play a specific class or play specific hours in order to progress as a character. EQ required both. And if you weren't a required class with specific playtimes, you were being friended in. It's a very different dynamic.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are we really comparing a game that is so old it broke down barriers in the 3D gaming world... with a game thats almost a decade and a half newer?...

• 1Worf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had these in good old Flint, MI at a place called Sorianos. Had to find a spot after it was recommended so much on this thread. They were everything said and then some.
20220915_141631.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users