Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Wait you're saying a bunch of former EQ players are looking for a EQ type game? Fucking color me shocked. I laugh at your use of "minority". Talk about small sample size.

Also the people here would love to see a new game that is done well. Welcome to the MMO section if mostly former EQ players. That doesn't mean you cant visicisously mock their time management, money management, over all execution to this point and progress. Given its been 9 fucking years(And please keep your broken record of "its never had people or money until only recently" crap to yourself).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Its not just former EQ players in there.

Check the comments section and decide for yourself if a majority of the comments on the video are positive or negative.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
200.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I don't think anyone here is hoping for Pantheon to fail, Nirgon.

Given its current track record, they're concerned it will fail or be unsuccessful when other games have taken a fraction of the time, including the OG EverQuest's dev cycle (1995 -> 1999).
Most of the people on this forum are concerned the method in which funds are being obtained and some have even spent a few dollars on the game before.

They're worried Panthon may result in an endless void of investment hell like NFT/Crypto and Kickstarter games have done for the last decade or so, and that's why people are skeptical about funding the game and its ability to see the finish line.

If Pantheon ends up being a great game and an enjoyable experience to forum-goers, they'll end up playing it. I will at least give it a try if it comes out, is well received and not cost-prohibitive.

Another good example: Most of the folks here dogged on Blizzard for several years, but because the game itself is actually 'looking good' even if the story isn't appealing, they'll still play it - because an enjoyable, fun experience weighs higher than all speculation or words that can be said about a game.

I've refused to say too many things in a detrimental light to Pantheon because it serves no purpose in spending energy on something that doesn't affect me.

When they don't offer refunds and have no viable product, and give up, I'll be sure to be upset at them for giving up and taking people's money (not my own, I know better.) for about a day until I move on.

But until then, there's no playable product, I won't be putting any of my money into the game, and Pantheon doesn't affect me in the slightest for simply existing because I don't see the value in paying for something that hasn't come out yet and has taken double the length of time to develop as the game it is a spiritual successor to, and I simply have no emotional attachment to something that hasn't come out and worrying about what hasn't happened yet is a colossal waste of my brainpower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think anyone here is hoping for Pantheon to fail, Nirgon.

Given its current track record, they're concerned it will fail or be unsuccessful when other games have taken a fraction of the time, including the OG EverQuest's dev cycle (1995 -> 1999).
Most of the people on this forum are concerned the method in which funds are being obtained and some have even spent a few dollars on the game before.

They're worried Panthon may result in an endless void of investment hell like NFT/Crypto and Kickstarter games have done for the last decade or so, and that's why people are skeptical about funding the game and its ability to see the finish line.

If Pantheon ends up being a great game and an enjoyable experience to forum-goers, they'll end up playing it. I will at least give it a try if it comes out, is well received and not cost-prohibitive.

Another good example: Most of the folks here dogged on Blizzard for several years, but because the game itself is actually 'looking good' even if the story isn't appealing, they'll still play it - because an enjoyable, fun experience weighs higher than all speculation or words that can be said about a game.

I've refused to say too many things in a detrimental light to Pantheon because it serves no purpose in spending energy on something that doesn't affect me.

When they don't offer refunds and have no viable product, and give up, I'll be sure to be upset at them for giving up and taking people's money (not my own, I know better.) for about a day until I move on.

But until then, there's no playable product, I won't be putting any of my money into the game, and Pantheon doesn't affect me in the slightest for simply existing because I don't see the value in paying for something that hasn't come out yet and has taken double the length of time to develop as the game it is a spiritual successor to, and I simply have no emotional attachment to something that hasn't come out and worrying about what hasn't happened yet is a colossal waste of my brainpower.
You obviously dont know Nirgon well enough to know this is a long ass troll. Talking shit about other MMO's to get a rise.

C'mon Secrets - I thought you were smarter than this.