Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You obviously dont know Nirgon well enough to know this is a long ass troll. Talking shit about other MMO's to get a rise.

C'mon Secrets - I thought you were smarter than this.

It's 50/50 imo. Either the long con troll or a die hard fanboy that has probably given hundreds to them already.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I've known Nirgon for years. He's a troll, yes - but he does have a point that the obsession over a game that took money and hasn't been completed yet shouldn't be judged on its in-development content.

He knows that you all get riled up easily over these types of debates. It's free entertainment for Nirgon to argue here and stir the pot because he knows you'll reply to him. Probably one of the oldest forms of entertainment - cause a stink in a room and debate about who farted while everyone in the room blames each other, meanwhile you're the one who took a shit in your own pants.

As someone who has worked on a game from a pitch until it releases, I know how an early game looks.
I also fundamentally disagree with the way Pantheon gets itself past the finish line or presents information to potential players or investors, but that's not my place to judge the product or what they're doing with their time and other peoples' money until the game either comes out (or doesn't).

It's incredibly hard to judge a game of any kind that hasn't come out on its final content when it hasn't been released yet. That's like looking at GTA6, saying "Wow this looks like shit" based on a few leaks, and then never buying it because "It looked like shit 5 years into development."

No game is guaranteed to come out until it's released, so I'll judge it then. (or if it gets cancelled, we'll look to it as a study of 'what not to do' at some GDC talk in the future)

This thread serves as a reminder that video game tribalism is ridiculous in and of itself and debates about what hasn't happened yet are frivolous and pointless... something I've (unfortunately) taken years to come to the conclusion of and previously taken part in.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh these people are seething and hoping it fails. They need it to fail at this point tbh.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
That's because being hateful is so goddamn profitable today. And it will NEVER come back to haunt them, or cost them. It only takes one line of dialogue to be completely forgiven and have all the hate forgotten: "I'm glad they proved me wrong. Anyhow, moving on..."

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mac And Me Falling GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My favorite part of this thread was when some of the haters finally moved the goal posts from "vaporware" to "it will come out but be terrible".

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
My favorite part of this thread was when some of the haters finally moved the goal posts from "vaporware" to "it will come out but be terrible".
Probably because any 'hate' can be dispelled by releasing a game that's actually fun to play.

People hated on FF14, so they nuked it (literally) and made it better.
No Man's Sky - same deal.

The industry has proven several times over that it's possible to turn any game around, given enough time, money, effort and passion by its development team.

If Pantheon comes out and is great, I'm sure people here will play it and Nirgon will be happy - but will also continue shitposting by moving onto the next sensitive subject that incites the same forum arguments.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Probably because any 'hate' can be dispelled by releasing a game that's actually fun to play.

That's when the hate and slandering will go into over drive.

For instance we can start at square one of the launch: if (when) it is popular enough to have a login queue or issues staying up due to the number of people on it - they will trash the game for it. Even Amazon, the masters of the cloud, had login queue/launch issues. I'll point to that as a sign of success, they will call me insane.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

For instance we can start at square one of the launch: if (when) it is popular enough to have a login queue or issues staying up due to the number of people on it - they will trash the game for it. Even Amazon, the masters of the cloud, had login queue/launch issues. I'll point to that as a sign of success, they will call me insane.
eqnext_rrr_img_128295-660x371.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider

Don't act like that number is gonna be bigger than two digits.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its interesting how much you can fill in the blanks about this girl just from this gif. That, or I just remember girls like her from HS and College.

No one rushes to her aid, or gives any fucks at all. Its like they all know her, know shes a desperate whore, ranks a 4/10 on scale, is a bitch to everyone cause she wants to portray that she's hotter than she is (hence the attempt at showing off, and the damn near naked outfit while everyone else is dressed for fucking fall.) She probably has two fat friends that she treats like shit, but acts pitiful when they try to go away and guilt trips them to stay. Gets completely wasted at parties and passes out in vulnerable positions. Claims she was raped at the party, but doesnt know by who. (Cause she wasnt really raped. People just drew a dick on her face.) Not even a dude with mediocre popularity will fuck her because he'd rather shoot his brains out than listen to her talk. .. Jesus, I can almost hear this girls voice in my head. Im done.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
Its interesting how much you can fill in the blanks about this girl just from this gif. That, or I just remember girls like her from HS and College.

No one rushes to her aid, or gives any fucks at all. Its like they all know her, know shes a desperate whore, ranks a 4/10 on scale, is a bitch to everyone cause she wants to portray that she's hotter than she is (hence the attempt at showing off, and the damn near naked outfit while everyone else is dressed for fucking fall.) She probably has two fat friends that she treats like shit, but acts pitiful when they try to go away and guilt trips them to stay. Gets completely wasted at parties and passes out in vulnerable positions. Claims she was raped at the party, but doesnt know by who. (Cause she wasnt really raped. People just drew a dick on her face.) Not even a dude with mediocre popularity will fuck her because he'd rather shoot his brains out than listen to her talk. .. Jesus, I can almost hear this girls voice in my head. Im done.
Who pissed in your cheerios lol.

Anyway, do we really think this game will release as an MMO and not some other bullshit type of game?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user