Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ok just came back and from here I see that more tiers are being added.

At least someone up there is listening. Before I go look at the Kickstarter site , please, please , for the Love of God Rerollers , tell me Brad has been posting on the KS site or other actual staff is answering questions now and not in complete stupid land of silence still ?

Mur_sl

shitlord
Ohh it is? Ghey. Don't know if I wanna commit to that unless it looks like the game will for sure get funded.
Not really any commitment; if the KS isn't successful, you never have any money transferred. It doesn't hold funds either. By donating, you're really just saying if the KS is a success, you'll pay what you said you would.

If you want to do the $250 package, grab it now before they are gone. This might be limited to 1000 as an early bird thanks.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm

At least someone up there is listening. Before I go look at the Kickstarter site , please, please , for the Love of God Rerollers , tell me Brad has been posting on the KS site or other actual staff is answering questions now and not in complete stupid land of silence still ?
Newp, Brad thanked Fantomex from EQNexus on twitter about an hour ago is all I've seen.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

I think they hired Troy C as community moderator. Gratz Troy!
wink.png

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Newp, Brad thanked someone on twitter about an hour ago is all I've seen.
Surely he knows he can't be like this kicking off a Kickstarter , how can one not look at Jacobs and see the proper way to pull off an "indie mmo" Kickstarter effort ?

Sigh.

So on side note , if I go ahead and buy say 250 tier but later they add one with physical swag or something at a bit higher one can you pull your first one to bump up and get a higher one ? (Sorry first Kickstarter I'm going to help with , other than the SOE Corporate One of course for EQL).

And Brad , get the hell out into the PR land of spreading the word , act excited and like you actually want mine and everyone else's money.

arallu

So on side note , if I go ahead and buy say 250 tier but later they add one with physical swag or something at a bit higher one can you pull your first one to bump up and get a higher one?
Ya, just click Manage your Pledge on the KS page. Pop in the new amount you want and select the new tier.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Surely he knows he can't be like this kicking off a Kickstarter , how can one not look at Jacobs and see the proper way to pull off an "indie mmo" Kickstarter effort ?

Sigh.

So on side note , if I go ahead and buy say 250 tier but later they add one with physical swag or something at a bit higher one can you pull your first one to bump up and get a higher one ? (Sorry first Kickstarter I'm going to help with , other than the SOE Corporate One of course for EQL).

And Brad , get the hell out into the PR land of spreading the word , act excited and like you actually want mine and everyone else's money.
You can raise or lower your pledge at will. Wife and I just upgraded to the lifesub pledge from the $100.

Hopefully Rise of the Fallen is better than Revenge of the Fallen:

Transformers-Revenge-of-the-Fallen-transformers-2-6080606-1280-1024.jpg

In for $45 bucks. Don't have time/interest to beta test, don't care about titles, but at least gets a name reservation.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Brad added update on KS.

edit: Just saw post above...you guys are fast.

We'll be adding more tiers over the next little while, so be sure to check back often, and please, feel free to continue to make suggestions. Maybe there's something you want that you don't see? We love to hear from the players.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Brad added update on KS.

edit: Just saw post above...you guys are fast.

We'll be adding more tiers over the next little while, so be sure to check back often, and please, feel free to continue to make suggestions. Maybe there's something you want that you don't see? We love to hear from the players.
Reasonable update , it's a start. Now make fun of the "FLASH" picture directly in addition to noting it's placeholder.

Just don't go dark for almost 24 hours again also, the Pantheon crew should really turn into social media socialites constantly for the next month. It's not much to ask to do that to both get the word out and also make those on the fence from Vanguard give a second chance.

I'm in , but I want more in to have it funded well beyond the 800k. Chatting it up on boards across the net to get a few million is not that hard of a job to do.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Several asked about this so... QFT

Excerpt from KS site update:
Sounds great Brad, but are those really screenshots of how the game will look?

No. We felt we needed to include screenshots of what we're working on so that you know we're serious about this. What you see now is all placeholder art, no engine filters, not even a single art pass. The models we're using now are placeholder as we work on the core mechanics of the game. We'll be surprised if you recognize the game in those screenshots after we're a bit further along in development.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Still a lot of improvements to go, but it was a good start. They have to pony up shit they don't want to. I know they didn't want to give away lifesubs, shit, I don't blame em, but they got to get really creative here to pull this off. If anyone can do it, its Brad.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm guessing you missed this post and are just so bent on telling us we are dumb for supporting a niche game that nobody is even remotely interested in making.. Some people just deserve a second shot.. it's on Brad to win back his favor so I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you of anything but at this point you're really beating a dead horse.. We all know and understand the risk here.
A post that reads like a journal entry detailing how he's grown as a person, and "He's good enough, he's smart enough, and dog gone it people like him!" is not going to get me to fork over money for the Eden of MMO's. Those stretch goals are the shittiest things ever; that KS is a disaster. I'm at least buoyed by the fact when I saw this today it seems like several more people have come to the conclusion of what a shit start this is.

He wants money? He wants long term backers? He wants an excited forum, playerbase, subscription base? I need more than just a "dear diary" editorial for him to get it.

I'm at leastsomewhatimpressed that he is taking time to respond to all the comments about player's current fears, and things to do to make shit better, but I'm still holding off.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
In for 250 here also.

Really hoping he ramps it up and this past day's remarks gets him more in KS campaign mode he needs to be in.

Stench

$250 for 2 games, one of which is a lifetime sub, is a steal. Brad, my only suggestion is to make that second account an alpha account as well. I love doing alphas, but doing an alpha with a friend is sooooo much better.