Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Why are we excited about lifetime subs? We will be lucky to get 3 months out of this game and 6 months before it goes free to play.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently in for $100.00. May go up to $250.00 but still debating on how much I invest.

Still waiting on a few questions to be answered.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Changed my pledge from $45 to $250... Glad to see they are listening to suggestions
smile.png

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A post that reads like a journal entry detailing how he's grown as a person, and "He's good enough, he's smart enough, and dog gone it people like him!" is not going to get me to fork over money for the Eden of MMO's. Those stretch goals are the shittiest things ever; that KS is a disaster. I'm at least buoyed by the fact when I saw this today it seems like several more people have come to the conclusion of what a shit start this is.

He wants money? He wants long term backers? He wants an excited forum, playerbase, subscription base? I need more than just a "dear diary" editorial for him to get it.

I'm at leastsomewhatimpressed that he is taking time to respond to all the comments about player's current fears, and things to do to make shit better, but I'm still holding off.
Brad is Damned if you do, damned of you don't. You guys hung him (myself included) when he was that super stoked dude fist pumping vanguard. You guys (me included) told him to stop all the BS hype machine and just make a game. Now do you really want him to go all bat shit crazy on the hype machine. I say yes!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Why are we excited about lifetime subs? We will be lucky to get 3 months out of this game and 6 months before it goes free to play.
Because it justifies spending more on the game increasing the likelihood we will get to play it at all.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
For you guys that were worried about the art:

Sounds great Brad, but are those really screenshots of how the game will look?

No. We felt we needed to include screenshots of what we're working on so that you know we're serious about this. What you see now is all placeholder art, no engine filters, not even a single art pass. The models we're using now are placeholder as we work on the core mechanics of the game. We'll be surprised if you recognize the game in those screenshots after we're a bit further along in development.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Because it justifies spending more on the game increasing the likelihood we will get to play it at all.
Nothing is justified, you are all going full retarded. We do this every time! Thank you for spending your money so I might get to finally play a good MMO but come guys it is insanity at this point to think this one will finally be the one.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Might be insanity, but literally I think this is the last hope for a descent MMO. Everything else will cater to the masses, and will suck.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
Here's a great quote on Kotaku.

When he was helming Everquest, there were a lot of cries for quality of life improvements, for abolishing outdated mechanics and inconveniences. 'It takes too long to travel', 'it's too hard to do this or that.' And McQuaid would always reject these requests, citing that they didn't match his vision. And people were right, Everquest had tons of tedious elements and frustrating things that didn't seem necessary.

But then SOE took over creative control, if I remember? (I might not, I was very young and it was a long time ago!). And they made a lot of the improvements people asked for. They made travel just about instant, they sped up or removed all the tedious parts. And it ruined the game for me. I thought I wanted those things, but when I got them, it ruined the immersion. It made the big, open world feel small and pointless and empty. Before it had been annoying or sometimes even dangerous traveling to remote dungeons far away from towns, now it is trivial and instant.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Nothing is justified, you are all going full retarded. We do this every time! Thank you for spending your money so I might get to finally play a good MMO but come guys it is insanity at this point to think this one will finally be the one.
I partially agree with you , but here's the deal , and sad truth for me.

Currently , aside from someone taking the EQL engine and making a full blown EQ/VG server of their own , Brad's Kickstarter is currently the only mmo on the horizon at all that I might really enjoy. Wildstar to ESO to whatever else isn't something that's for me.

If it wasn't for the EQL alpha about to start , I'd fire up Vanguard and start over in it again , as nothing , nothing else interests me mmo-wise , and it would be the closest thing to an mmo I'd enjoy (short of playing on an EQ emu).

So is it any worse to give up ? I've said I want a game like this for years , here's my chance to support it so I am. I'm not spending money I can't , that needs to go to the mortgage or something , and it's a hobby I truly enjoy.

I just want Brad to immediately show he can do better on the KS side. It's not asking too much to be a PR shill for a month to get this thing off the ground.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
They got this guys, don't worry. The kickstarter looks shitty on purpose, it will help with your immersion is all. The 90's are finally back and I have to fight the urge to wear a jeans jacket.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
We don't contribute to kickstarters every time. Get a hold of yourself man. Nobody thinks this is the one, but maybe it will be playable for more than 3 months. Also I enjoyed the hell out of and vg so yeah, Brad gets 250, despite his lack of management skills
smile.png

Requiem_sl

shitlord
All of this doom and gloom about the project never coming to fruition may or may not be true, but it's a pretty safe bet it'll make it to alpha and you'll at least get to play SOMETHING. $45 isn't a lot of money.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
We don't contribute to kickstarters every time. Get a hold if yourself man. Nobody thinks this is the one, but maybe it will be playable for more than 3 months. Also I enjoyed the hell out if eq and vg so yeah, Brad gets 250, despite his lack of management skills
smile.png
I'm hoping he doesn't think his one update , while a good one , is done and now they can go back into 24 hour blackout. They have a month to push it , virtually shake hands and kiss babies and basically beg for money. This wait for outcry then respond a day later isn't the way to do the KS.

Act excited about it and almost like you can't shut up because you want the game to be made and made well. Shouldn't be that hard for him to realize this and do this.