Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Hey all. Love the vibe of this forum! Lurking since FOHguild actually, but now seems like a good time to jump in.
smile.png

I tracked down some Facebook groups.. might be useful for a dev to pop in personally and stir up excitement, all grassroots marketing like...
Holy crap! That's an impressive first post! Welcome!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The point of my post was that it's hard enough to get a KS funded without having some loud self-annointed know-it-all actively trying to undermine things. These guys deserve their shot without any ridiculous tinfoil hat nonsense.
Yes, everyone fall in line and nobody criticize.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Yes, everyone fall in line and nobody criticize.
Not sure why we have to keep repeating it.....I'm guessing your over shitting up the political thread now but here goes...........Everyone here who has donated has been highly critical of every facet of this game and KS launch. Not one person here has pulled punches with Brad. With that being said, we are still supporting the game.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
As someone who currently works at SOE, and works with Dave G on a regular basis, I can confirm that you're completely full of it. I'd honestly be shocked if you actually know ANYONE inside these buildings. I don't know anyone here who hates Dave. So I haven't a clue where you get your info except maybe from the voices inside your head.

SOEIS NOTfunding this project. Brad's conversations with Smed about the project were to POSSIBLY license the use of the Forgelight engine, which he ultimately decided against and instead went with Unity. There is nothing shady about what Brad is doing. He and a bunch of talented people got laid off from SOE & Trion and are trying to make a game. End of story.
Head on up to johns smedleys office and ask. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure why we have to keep repeating it.....I'm guessing your over shitting up the political thread now but here goes...........Everyone here who has donated has been highly critical of every facet of this game and KS launch. Not one person here has pulled punches with Brad. With that being said, we are still supporting the game.
Well I had actually planned to refrain from commenting about how you having children is a net loss for society, but you had to go and bring that shit over here.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Head on up to johns smedleys office and ask. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Not how that works.

@Gavinrad white knighting for Ut by being a worse poster than he is on this thread? Bold strategy Cotton, lets see how it works for you.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
The point of my post was that it's hard enough to get a KS funded without having some loud self-annointed know-it-all actively trying to undermine things. These guys deserve their shot without any ridiculous tinfoil hat nonsense.
Exactly. The guy obviously has no interest in the game. He needs to move on.

jilena_sl

shitlord
I agree with you. The fun part of this is, brad is using those mechanics the players made as a design doc. Rather than doing it all over again and letting the players find new unintended ways to play the game, using that nostalgia to drudge up old feelings on a design doc that isn't even made yet on a poorly designed kickstarter page to try and gain money so SOE will further support it. Holy run on sentence.

We agree. You can't create it. Now if he released this game to new and different ways players started making their own choices and different versions of trains, FD Pulls, Kiting, etc - all came about in completely different play styles we do not know about yet, that would be impressive. But that won't get people to give their money away. Nostalgia is capitilizing on that with the most basic of overviews from EQ.

Amazing.
Honestly I'd be okay with him abusing the fuck out of my nostalgia to make a buck and again I have pledged to this KS.. The biggest kick in the dick to be quite honest is that the KS page feels amateur as fuck. Like even the Camelot Unchained KS looks better and I don't consider the Mythic crew to even be in the same realm as the designers of better games (i.e. EQ). It almost reminds me of trying Shadowbane or Horizons or AC2 or any other shit game in beta near release and just being unable to stop thinking to myself WHO THE FUCK LOOKED AT THIS SHIT AND THINKS IT'S OKAY TO RELEASE IT NEXT WEEK?!

The descriptions are bland and say nothing. The "lore" tidbits just feel canned. The tiers for buying in are confusing with random awesome shit appearing at low tiers and being unavailable for larger sums? What? And that cleric class update was a pretty big yeah duh tell me what I don't already know about clerics in every game since the dawn of time...

I dunno, they have my money for now but that really worries me. If you are too disorganized to essentially create a glorified blog post with supporting youtube videos how are you going to create a giant uber-complex game world? Seriously most 15 year olds who self post on youtube do a better job. If you can look at those and be like FUCK YEAH WE'RE READY TO ROCK THIS KICKSTARTER what the hell is going to be acceptable to release in game?

*shrug* pretty disappointing but hoping anyway as your 1% prediction is still better than 0%.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
Indeed. We are all trying to use our energy in a positive way to make the KS site and the game a success. If you don't have interest in doing the same, and don't want the game, what are you still doing here?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Starting to wonder about the success of this kickstarter + what the game is going to be likeifit ever launches. As a small business owner, I just don't understand how this KS launch could be so disorganized, and so reliant on anonymous people on internet message boards to get its shit together. I couldn't even fathom doing something this monumental with what seems like such little planning. Keeping my pledge in for now as I have spent far more on far worse, but definitely losing faith that this is every going to be anything substantial. I mean seriously, the pledge tiers, and their constant reorganizing is a fucking disaster. Get your shit together guys.
They've only been working on the kickstarter since...SEPTEMEBER! Give them a break! It has taken a solid 5 months of shilling and hard work to be this disorganized!

I can't believe people actually have faith in this man, after the debacle that Vanguard was. Now, they can't even organize a damn kickstarter properly, yet people believe that this project isn't going to be another glorious disaster?

Tiv_sl

shitlord
Thx doods!

Would love to see this succeed, EQ was easily my fav game ever. Hope I can find other ways to help (yep, I already pledged too).

bayr_sl

shitlord
They've only been working on the kickstarter since...SEPTEMEBER! Give them a break! It has taken a solid 5 months of shilling and hard work to be this disorganized!

I can't believe people actually have faith in this man, after the debacle that Vanguard was. Now, they can't even organize a damn kickstarter properly, yet people believe that this project isn't going to be another glorious disaster?
He couldn't even research where to drum up interest for his game/kickstarter. In 4 months. If it wasn't for the fanatics here leaving no stone unturned on the internet to post about it I wonder how much money the kickstarter would have right now

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Not how that works.
Ok then have him head up there about my flight plans which if I would have taken a job at SOE I would be four reports above him by now. He's a peon. He has no knowledge of anything happening from the business side of things.

And neither do you. And if that also would have happened 75% of their staff would be applying for jobs at zynga and eq next would be something worth looking forward too. The Broom would have laid a smack down on some of the most inept management seen in the industry and this genre today.