Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never shit up the ESO Thread, I even said Ut is a broken record there. Oddly enough he's one of the only one's with any sense in this thread.
There are a ton of people making sense in this thread you just don't agree with their support.. They are being plenty critical yet not abandoning the project. Why is that not a logical approach? Seems pretty rational to me...

I agree with the higher tiers getting the opt in to early testing. 1k is a lot of money. I also agree practically that's its a separate tier bc testing that early on is not fun and it should only attract people who are really committed to the testing process.. Tough one

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well I agree with a lot of what has been said about the kickstarter and videos being seriously lackluster. That said, I am in for $45 and am considering bumping to the $250 tier. Really surprised the $45 tier is still going now that it was reduced to 700 spots. Figured it going from 2500 to 700 might make a lot of people jump that had previously been on the fence.

jilena_sl

shitlord
I stopped doing this a few years ago. Sadly, because I've been programmed by MMOs to know that if the game is marking an area on my map and telling me to kill something, I don't even have to begin worrying if the mob poses any real threat to me. I can just kill it because the game has practically already told me it was a given I'd win.

And that's the kind of shit I want to get away from in current mmos.
haha I usually do it when I am running through new places and like HRM COULD THAT KILL ME and I'll click on it and con it and then realize I just did whatever the hell C does in that new game and that the mob's level is listed on my target box all at once. MAKES ME SAD.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Is there any evidence that Brad has corporate financial and they are just trying to squeeze nostalgic gamers out of a few bucks to decrease some early investment cost? Besides a tweet that someone in SOE marketing wants to drum up some hype for whatever.
Common sense? Seriously did I just read that?

Aside from that, and I cannot wait for the "Hes nuts" posts again like the last 4 times across subjects that have been proven right... I have about 6 people telling me inside SOE that is the case. The only one I have not confirmed with is Smed. So if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, smells like a duck, acts like a duck, it's a shady fucking development cycle using consumer dollars to pay for cap ex based on nostaalgic gamers looking through the rose colored glass kickstarter page.

And yes, all 6 hate Georgeson.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's notable that none seems to be going for the guild tiers. In fact I don't think any have been purchased yet. I would redo them
It could also be just a funding thing within guilds.. Although I gave feedback on the 750 one.. They are only allowed to add 10 people to it per KS rule and they reserved alpha invite for the higher guild tier.. They need to figure out something.. Maybe a unique guild hall

jilena_sl

shitlord
WoW has a color con system, its just better integrated than making you type /con to use it.

I am all about some rose colored glasses but lets not pretend con was a better system than just coloring their nameplate with the difficulty. Or that either system was really all that good, both them were pretty shit at telling you how hard something was, it just gave you a rough idea of the level range.
WoW con and EQ con aren't exactly the same though. The diff would just be that what would be undercons in EQ have a shiny gold border around their name in WoW. I am fine with color coded names or whatever rather than having to hit C. I just don't want the exact level known and instant knowledge that if it's a blue con I can kill it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Aside from that, and I cannot wait for the "Hes nuts" posts again like the last 4 times across subjects that have been proven right... I have about 6 people telling me inside SOE that is the case. The only one I have not confirmed with is Smed. So if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, smells like a duck, acts like a duck, it's a shady fucking development cycle using consumer dollars to pay for cap ex based on nostaalgic gamers looking through the rose colored glass kickstarter page.

Weird bc I've talked to a few EQN Devs privately and they love the ponytail.. He's so polarizing! Lol

jilena_sl

shitlord
This is pretty cool, but like any high level description of a cleric class isn't that exciting. What makes classes exciting is the general feel of them (which is already known for a class like cleric) and very specific, class defining abilities.

For an EQ cleric you could pretty much copy the above article, add plate and at the end say, "Also you get a complete heal which probably should've never been in the game but will make it super easy for you to get a spot in a raid and make you valuable in general."
Do it up like Vanguard cleric - Do you want to tank, pull, and main heal for your group? SIGN HERE.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Utnayan shits on everything and when something turns up a failure, it's proven "right".

a broken clock is right twice a day.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan shits on everything and when something turns up a failure, it's proven "right".

a broken clock is right twice a day.
Ut likes to think he's smart by backing absolutely nothing and never wasting money. It's like the guy who lives in an outhouse his whole life so that he can die with a million dollars stuffed in the shitter. Who gives a damn?

Elidroth_sl

shitlord

As someone who currently works at SOE, and works with Dave G on a regular basis, I can confirm that you're completely full of it. I'd honestly be shocked if you actually know ANYONE inside these buildings. I don't know anyone here who hates Dave. So I haven't a clue where you get your info except maybe from the voices inside your head.

SOEIS NOTfunding this project. Brad's conversations with Smed about the project were to POSSIBLY license the use of the Forgelight engine, which he ultimately decided against and instead went with Unity. There is nothing shady about what Brad is doing. He and a bunch of talented people got laid off from SOE & Trion and are trying to make a game. End of story.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
As someone who currently works at SOE, and works with Dave G on a regular basis, I can confirm that you're completely full of it. I'd honestly be shocked if you actually know ANYONE inside these buildings. I don't know anyone here who hates Dave. So I haven't a clue where you get your info except maybe from the voices inside your head.

SOEIS NOTfunding this project. Brad's conversations with Smed about the project were to POSSIBLY license the use of the Forgelight engine, which he ultimately decided against and instead went with Unity. There is nothing shady about what Brad is doing. He and a bunch of talented people got laid off from SOE & Trion and are trying to make a game. End of story.
lol that settles that rumor!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Regarding Georgeson. I'm pretty sure I said this in the eqnext thread during soe live. But I'll repeat it. I didn't like his video presentation personality, however when I chatted with him briefly in person he seemed alright. Butler on the other hand clearly couldn't wait to stop talking to me ;-)

jilena_sl

shitlord
While I don't agree with Utnayan's name calling, I do think he belongs in this thread. He is the perfect counterbalance to all of the Pollyanna praise this Kickstarter is getting. Hell I was super pumped at first, and ready to pledge my unborn child. But the more and more I see, and the more and more reality sinks in (via Utnayan and the handling of this Kickstarter by Brad and Co.), the more cautious I become.
I have pledged to this KS as well and I agree that Utnayan is a little negative but he hasn't posted a single thing or made a single accusation that was way out of line or even excessively unreasonable. I don't think the engine pricing thing really warranted that much discussion but it's a valid point that based on historical performance it could be indicative of a trend towards fudging the details.

Most of what he has asked for clarification on or suggested people consider is fairly reasonable. I personally just don't really give that much of a shit about money and want a game like this badly. If it sucks it sucks, even the 10k tier isn't going to leave most employed adults destitute (no I wouldn't pledge that it's beyond my means conveniently but on a payment plan .... okay probably still not). If I get ripped off, shit I guess I shouldn't have opened my wallet in front of the damned carneys...