Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Well like I said a few pages back, they should of had a kickstarter for the kickstarter. a smaller goal of maybe $300K so they can do the initial shit, and get a pre alpha build running with some of the combat stuff and classes ironed out and maybe one starter zone.

Im in total agreement with you Eomer.
Not even that. Start out asking $50k for a design doc and gameplay examples and to flesh out lore. That would have been funded on day one.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Well that Deliverance game, if you watched the KS video, already had a private backer with $1.5 mil invested. Im sure with $1.5 mil privately invested brad would have a workable demo as well. Well hopefully. :0

IMO while Deliverance is a great kickstarter and good example of what it should be like, you just cannot compare the two. Brads game seems to be more in the initial design phase rather than already having 1.5 mil invested and probably a year or two development under its belt..
Brad is an MMO legend and long time dev insider with many resources. What this post says is Brad expects us to foot the bill and shouldn't invest anything himself in HIS project that HE will recoup the rewards for if it succeeds.

This fucking mindset is everything wrong with this Kickstarter. If you want my money, then you better well at least invest your time, and if you are a rich insider, you fucking better be investing your own money, too! If you are rich, and you spent your millions on motorcycles, meth, and mangina's then you sure as fuck shouldn't be asking for my money.

People want us to overlook Vanguard and donate, but this project reeks of it before it's even getting out the gate.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Not even that. Start out asking $50k for a design doc and gameplay examples and to flesh out lore. That would have been funded on day one.
Maybe have any pledges you pledge on 1st go as credit toward 2nd KS later? (Pledge $100 now..get that in credit toward $300 pledge later)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Brad is an MMO legend and long time dev insider with many resources. What this post says is Brad expects us to foot the bill and shouldn't invest anything himself in HIS project that HE will recoup the rewards for if it succeeds.

This fucking mindset is everything wrong with this Kickstarter. If you want my money, then you better well at least invest your time, and if you are a rich insider, you fucking better be investing your own money, too! If you are rich, and you spent your millions on motorcycles, meth, and mangina's then you sure as fuck shouldn't be asking for my money.

People want us to overlook Vanguard and donate, but this project reeks of it before it's even getting out the gate.
Im not in the position to tell you weather Brad can fund anything himself. Im just going off of past kickstarter campaigns that I have saw and followed. Namely the dudes in Exile. If you feel that everyone should have to contribute millions of their own money to even come to kickstarter beforehand kind of defeats the purpose of the kickstarter and what it sets out to do.

And I agree with you about the stench...

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
we really do just need to make our own MMO and kickstarter at this point. ive seen so much financial, PR, and creative savvy in this thread.

spronk

FPS noob
we really do just need to make our own MMO and kickstarter at this point. ive seen so much financial, PR, and creative savvy in this thread.
1276480_614799108540422_1361937653_o.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
/agree

i don't think this game is going to be the second coming or anything, but it looks pretty decent so far

but a lot of people here are saying they could do better if they just sat down and did it. and i would honestly, 100% seriously love to see it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i don't think this game is going to be the second coming or anything, but it looks pretty decent so far
What game? And what looks so decent? all we have up to now is generalities. A 10,000ft view of what could be. And IMO, and others too by the flavor of this thread and others, seem to think thats just not good enough.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Man, that PC Gamer article is awesome! All fears abated! Upping my pledge!

(Seriously though, on this issue at least, I feel for Brad. He has no control over them).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

(Seriously though, on this issue at least, I feel for Brad. He has no control over them).
it sucks but I have to say, people were saying it's a bad move very early on. Like I said yesterday, let this week run with the PR through the media approach, but then move into dumping all the info on the KS. They can still throw a nugget at the gaming sites through QnA's and whatnot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To salvage any of this, if possible at all, they need to bust a nut on the info already. Enough of this trickle down theory. Seriously. Get all the infos out, and then answer questions for the next 4 weeks.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Many people are suggesting a Kickstarter for the Kickstarter and things like that but really this ship has sailed. Fact is simple as this, this Kickstarter is a lie, it's disingenuous at best and a flat out fraud at worse. The reason it's amateur is because this Kickstarter is not for Pantheon. Period it's not for the fucking game it is akickstater to fund the set up of Visionary Realms, Inc.that is what this should of been listed as. This first round of funding it so Brad can pay himself and hire Sandso_Art_Director_01, and Frippy_His_Drinking_Buddy, and whoever else in his rag tag screw of garage surfers. They will use the money to buy some sweet office furniture and an office so they can pretend to be big boys. This is the underlying problem with all of this shit. The fucking kickstater is a lie, Brad is a lying cunt for not being forward about shit and the shilling Jan 2014 faggots will keep telling us that this game as sweet and we need to throw dollars at it.

I was excited about it idea, I am still excited about the idea, I really would love to see this idea happen, I have posted most in this thread than damn near any thread in the past year or so just because I would love to see this made, almost so badly that I was happy to toss my money in on a lie. Do some research and prove to me I am incorrect, I am begging someone to point out facts where what I said it false.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe PC Gamer has enough respect for their readers that they don't feel what they got is worth publishing.

Yes I am being overly cynical at this point but this mother fucker really needs a goddamn reality check.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
but a lot of people here are saying they could do better if they just sat down and did it. and i would honestly, 100% seriously love to see it.
Problem is always engineering. It's the same in the actually industry from what I understand, actual coding and engine manipulation is a pretty difficult skill set--it's been growing as things like Unity become more use friendly but it's still a skill set that's in demand. But hell, I'd work on a game for free if it was during my off season--I sold kits for house rules at the hobby shop all the way through college, I always enjoyed making board games/table tops more than even playing them (And I love playing them).

I don't, for one main reason--plenty of people warned him that this kind of campaign was a bad move even before we began the wait for the magical PCgamer article.

Fedor

<Banned>
i'm not sure why everyone's boners got killed

game looks fine so far to me.what did you guys expect?
What game?
/agree

i don't think this game is going to be the second coming or anything, butit looks pretty decent so far

What game? And what looks so decent? all we have up to now is generalities. A 10,000ft view of what could be. And IMO, and others too by the flavor of this thread and others, seem to think thats just not good enough.
seriously, what fucking game is pharmakos talking about?