Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Bruman

Golden Squire
yea i just don't see what skill is involved in pressing "auto-attack" and kicking back. At least with my SK I can pretend spell rotations matter and time casting a spell in between auto-attack to increase DPS, etc.
Just sitting there watching your toon swing.....swing.....swing.... it just seems boring.
If that's all you do, sure, it's boring. But whack-a-mole isn't exciting either, just more carpal tunnel inducing, and removes the ability to form social bonds while adventuring. There's a happy medium in there somewhere, and is what Brad and crew are going for (provided the project happens).

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
EQ today is also very different than the game you guys want so I would hesitate to say that it is any sort of proof that a game like EQ classic > luclin would really appeal to those gamers. Modern EQ is much closer to modern WoW than it is to old EQ.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
you're stating that this kickstarter will end with "far more than" $250-300k (his estimate). what are you basing your statement on? gut feeling?
He is just referencing the trend of KS's to get large contributions at the end. This is common in fund raising anyway. You always have your heavy hitters on tap so you don't stifle your contributors in the meantime. I'm thinking they'll make 500-600k easy.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
yea i just don't see what skill is involved in pressing "auto-attack" and kicking back. At least with my SK I can pretend spell rotations matter and time casting a spell in between auto-attack to increase DPS, etc.
Just sitting there watching your toon swing.....swing.....swing.... it just seems boring.
some people liked the role of leadership playing a tank afforded, likewise warriors tanked shit, as you know, things sks couldnt or atleast couldnt as efficently. i liked the wide vairity of equipment warriors got, different strokes i guess. a warrior was my first eq characted above level 3, a rogue was my first 50, and i played a paladin more than anything. rogue, to me, was by far the most boring.

what i dont get is people that dont personally like something be it warriors, but more often than not pvp as a mechanic or certain races, and therefore assert it shouldnt be in the game at all. not just pantheon, but every game ive followed since horizons was to be the next big thing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure these classes will not be like in original EQ, set it and forget it. Im sure you will have your buttons to mash.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Never gave it that much that lol Although Jackie Chan IS a lot hotter than Pat Morita. so there's that...
Before his death, I had several drinks with Mr. Morita (accompanied by several "working girls") in Vegas... he was a awesome! Absolutely in my top 10 celebrity hang outs.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The shining level of bullshit optimism is amazing. Again you might be happy pissing your money away on a project who's only selling point is "We make MMO game, it gunna be hard and old school LOLOL YOLO DERP!" but most people who aren't complete fucking morons expected more than that. As much as you want to pretend they did not leave the impression that they were at the very beginning with absolutely fuck all to show for it, they did not. If they had then this wouldn't even be a topic of hot debate, almost everyone expected them to be a little further along or at least more direct and upfront about the process.

Your other point about you knowing with some sort of clairvoyant type clarity what classes and shit will be in the game world is also a huge crook of horse shit, and even if you were able to see the future so fucking what, anyone who a fully functional frontal lobe would know what not everyone who might visit your kickstarter is familiar with you or what you are making so explaining things in a why to draw interest from a first time visitor with no prior knowledge about the project is just common fucking sense.

You say pulling money on pledging later on when there is content to show is a bad thing, again difference of opinion but the reality is this is simply speaking with your money, I would say leaving your money in for this level of bullshit is irresponsible and more damaging as a whole because it shows you encourage this kind of behavior. What until a company like EA hears there is a legion of fucking dipshits like yourself dying to pledge money to a spread sheet and a promise, I am sure Bobby Kotick got a hard on write now as I typed that. You don't reward irresponsible and inept behavior with money, if you do then I hope you are hiring because I am happy to sit on my ass all day while you funnel cash into my bank account.

If they don't make the goal and the project dies right here then fucking good. This isn't a fucking project, have you even read over the fucking pages and pages and threads upon threads on this board about games that are already backed my large companies working on beta, and the amount of changes and different directions the game heads in? Nobody knows what direction that game will go in, nobody has a fucking clue, if you say you do then you are a fucking liar, because the team making it doesn't even know what direction the game is heading in yet. Just look at the amount of speculation that has been going on in this thread, will it be more like EQ, will it be more like Vangaurd, will it be more like WoW, will there be PVP, will there be this, will there be that. Who fucking knows there isn't a fucking game.

The only pulling out I wish for at this moment would of been from your father 20 years ago.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oof. Trend dipping under 700,000 now.

fzh9Sfa.jpg

Spynx_sl

shitlord
I like how PJP has become a subforum of rerolled. We are assholes here and get our true feelings out and then on pjp we actually try to get things done... damn I love this culture

Bruman

Golden Squire
what i dont get is people that dont personally like something be it warriors, but more often than not pvp as a mechanic or certain races, and therefore assert it shouldnt be in the game at all. not just pantheon, but every game ive followed since horizons was to be the next big thing.
For PVP at least, there's at least good reasons why PVE people hate the even mention of it. WoW is the poster child for screwing up PVE due to PVP concerns. That's most people's experience with it. Also, the target market for PVP is much, much smaller, so when things have a very limited budget/scope (like Pantheon), unless the game is a dedicated PVP game (Darkfall, Mortal Online, etc), people get annoyed seeing that minority being catered to. Lastly - while the PVE crowd is brain-dead enough as it is, the vocal PVP crowd is often *more* brain-dead, although with a superiority complex and a hard-on for "ganking newbs" and running for any fight that's even remotely a challenge.

So combine all that together - a minority of people, who comes across as retards, wanting things done in such a way to have a negative impact on what most other people want to do (PVE).

That doesn't mean it has to be that way in Pantheon, if-and-when PVP comes to Pantheon. But that's the experience most people are drawing on.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Jesus Christ, can everyone please stop calling that a projection when it very obviously says TRENDS ARE NOT PROJECTIONS.
Relax, Dick. I edited it right before you responded if you look.

So to clarify, this istrendingtoward the garbage can.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
also I just noticed every video brad has had the same shirt on... the Q&A #4 he has the slick comb over look though!. poor bastard

Hey guys, Still see Brad hasnt posted here recently. I know were at the consensus that they are making all this up on the fly but yesterday the whole class thing dawned on me. We have people freaking out since no Warrior is mentioned. They are assuming that the Crusader is a paladin, which I can see why one would think that, but in reality the crusader could be the warrior class. I say this because the mention the Cleric class can be in full plate which is essentially a tank type class or wearing robes and relying more on their spells which would be the more tradidional cleric role. So I have a feeling that the Paladin would be the Plate wearing cleric. Only you dont get to weild swords, but instaid maces and hammers and such.

I am still miffed there is no mention of a Necromancer class considering there is a Dark Knight who uses NECROMANCY! But They mention a Wizard and an Enchanter. Its very possible that the Wizard could have 2 paths, one being the traditional Wizard we know from EQ and the other being more like the Mage. Then Enchanter could also have 2 paths, one being your typical enchanter, the other being well, a Necro.

Won't really know until the reveals, which we should know about the crusader today, but I am guessing that is how the could have "designed" the classes.
I'm not really sure that I see a necromancer as a type of enchanter. The polar classes thing in all honesty is not something I like in the first place. Any time that you see two classes that are the polar opposites of each other in a MMORPG, you almost always end up with them being copies of each other with just the names of their spells named differently.

I certainly hope that is not where we are headed with the classes in Pantheon.

I would like to see each class be unique in its own special way like they were in original EQ for the most part. Yes there were exceptions, but for the most part, each class was unique. For instance, Paladins and Shadowknights were not just polar opposites. Their fighting styles and spells were vastly different. The SK had diseases, snares and life taps while the Paladin had stuns and heals. They weren't just different, they were uniquely different.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how PJP has become a subforum of rerolled. We are assholes here and get our true feelings out and then on pjp we actually try to get things done... damn I love this culture
Hah it's where you go to let your guard down.. Kind of like a vacation.. I called this site the mmo police and it's true! There are investigations and interrogations that take place here..

Lol Boozecube, good points.. I would guess tho, if this doesn't fund, they will throw up a crowd fund on their own website.

delirium_sl

shitlord
I'm not really sure that I see a necromancer as a type of enchanter. The polar classes thing in all honesty is not something I like in the first place. Any time that you see two classes that are the polar opposites of each other in a MMORPG, you almost always end up with them being copies of each other with just the names of their spells named differently.

I certainly hope that is not where we are headed with the classes in Pantheon.

I would like to see each class be unique in its own special way like they were in original EQ for the most part. Yes there were exceptions, but for the most part, each class was unique. For instance, Paladins and Shadowknights were not just polar opposites. Their fighting styles and spells were vastly different. The SK had diseases, snares and life taps while the Paladin had stuns and heals. They weren't just different, they were uniquely different.
I lumped Ench with Necro because if there is a Mage, the Mage was a lower powered Wizzy with pets, the Ench animated objects to get its crappy pet, the Nec animated the dead. The ench had KEI for mana regen, the Necro had Lich form, so there are similarities. Oh the Ench could charm anything, the Nec could charm undead...