Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Merlin, glad to see consistently bad posts no matter what forum you decide to follow. Did you play all of those games? Do you know what they were trying to accomplish, their flaws, or anything about them honestly? Or are you just painting with a broad brush like you do in the politics thread without any forethought or any real relevant point? You do know the only old EQ type games still around are EMUs right? Even the original game has moved forward? Do you know that no publisher has tried to make EQ again at all? I bet you know absolutely nothing about EQN. I bet you never played the games you just mentioned. Acting like a font of knowledge as you sit there in complete ignorance. Par for the course.
Agreed 100%. His posts are stunningly myopic. It's like he can't understand that some people actually don't want to return to old school EQ.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Its only a bad analogy if you have no idea about music, which understandably, you don't. But its the exact same thing. Listing out all the details to create a game you've already done really isn't that difficult. Brad has answered hundreds and hundreds of questions and its so repetitive at this point, he is repeating the answers he has already given dozens of times now. Yet people still claim they do not know enough. At this point, your either 1. a supporter, 2. A supporter who is actively trying to help Brad clean up the Kickstarter, or 3. Someone who never intends to pledge or support the project, but enjoys trolling acting as if he really just isn't sure but Brad answers 791 more questions, they will consider it.
You are quite literally the most retarded poster on the boards, a fact which you have proven time and time again. It is a bad analogy because the two industries have few if any similarities.

There is no direction to the game, or any assests of any kind. A design document and tentative schedule are pretty important when trying to receive investment funds. But you're right, someone who can do basic arithmetic knows more then everyone else. Keep donating to the kick starter while you receive food stamps for baby formula you piece of shit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, it doesn't really seem like they have any idea how you'll pay for playing. They just keep randomly adding more and more things, seemingly without a strategy.
Yeah I agree with that. This is such a clueless shit-show it's almost embarrassing for the guy. I wouldn't expect them to have any semblance of a business model when they do not even have a design doc.

Well, I take that back. It's either really embarrassing for the guy, or he thought he could do to consumers what he did to others and side step a lot of core talk abouts with fluffed bullshit. As he is finding out, nice try. That won't work anymore.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well at least the add-on's are getting them some money. 8K today so far which is better than the last 3-4 days. It is the add-on's as only 23 new backers added.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha things have gone south again! It's funny that always happens after they make some positive changes. A lot of us wanted them to do add ons.

Game isn't ptw. Brad said it would be sub based. Those bitching need to get over the bank space and essence. You can't not support this game and expect to be entitled to all the things the people who do.. Being upset means you're worried there is a chance you're wrong and the game will launch. Stop making something out of nothing for the sake of being negative.

About the design doc... Is that a common thing for games to post? I've never seen one. Serious question.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not a big fan of P2W add-ons but I do see it as necessary at this point. He got me for $5 extra simply because I hate not being ahead of the masses leveling when a game is released. Not that this will be released. Just trying to stay somewhat hopeful at this point.

DickTrickle

Haha things have gone south again! It's funny that always happens after they make some positive changes. A lot of us wanted them to do add ons.

Game isn't ptw. Brad said it would be sub based. Those bitching need to get over the bank space and essence. You can't not support this game and expect to be entitled to all the things the people who do.. Being upset means you're worried there is a chance you're wrong and the game will launch. Stop making something out of nothing for the sake of being negative.

About the design doc... Is that a common thing for games to post? I've never seen one. Serious question.
Mentioning something is P2W is not being upset -- a contrary opinion on a forum does not always indicate rage, if you didn't know. The HE add on is P2W. Stop pretending it isn't. If you feel it's necessary, fine, but it is what it is. I just know many people on this board shit all over P2W and would in other scenarios, but Pantheon gets a pass because it'll be limited to backers.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think some of it is desperation. They see how this is trending, both in money and backers. They need to do something to get more per day, this project can't even clear 10k in a day. They are going to throw the kitchen sink at it even it means handing out what I would deem 'pay to win' items. They'll worry about the fallout when the game releases (although then that begs the question, if you keep on giving handouts that people can pay for, how unbalanced are things going to be once you go live?)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That is absolutely an incredible read. So these dwarves are miners, short and stocky, and have battled with Ogre_Raider00? They then became friends with Elves and Humans, drove the trolls back to Guk.... Shit I mean the swamplands, and then the humans came and established trade routes.

I'm going to have to back this. What a great reveal. I never knew any of this, and sure wish I would have known all about this when Dwarves were introduced to me as a kid playing D&D.

rolleyes.png

Your comments on that kickstarter are as fucking ridiculous as that reveal.

DickTrickle

That is absolutely an incredible read. So these dwarves are miners, short and stocky, and have battled with Ogre_Raider00? They then became friends with Elves and Humans, drove the trolls back to Guk.... Shit I mean the swamplands, and then the humans came and established trade routes.

I'm going to have to back this. What a great reveal. I never knew any of this, and sure wish I would have known all about this when Dwarves were introduced to me as a kid playing D&D.

rolleyes.png

Your comments on that kickstarter are as fucking ridiculous as that reveal.
I almost half suspect Brad spent the Sept-Dec months just writing a bunch of generic fantasy lore that he thinks is really awesome, like some teenage fanfic author. That was his hard work.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mentioning something is P2W is not being upset -- a contrary opinion on a forum does not always indicate rage, if you didn't know. The HE add on is P2W. Stop pretending it isn't. If you feel it's necessary, fine, but it is what it is. I just know many people on this board shit all over P2W and would in other scenarios, but Pantheon gets a pass because it'll be limited to backers.
What does Hero Essence do??

DickTrickle

What does Hero Essence do??
"While the player can combine abilities into various sets, true power comes from combining a number of abilities from the same heroes creating a special ability set called a Hero's Essence.

A form of advanced ability set, hero essences can grow through use like other ability sets, but they have higher tiers and when advanced fully some of these essences will allow the player to take on the look of that hero granting them access to more paths of power."

Why does a "troll" like me know that but not a supporter?