Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
There seems to be a push for an eq type class system in pantheon. Although I wouldn't mind, I think coming closer to VG would be the way to go. It doesn't seem like they've fleshed out the class system quite yet so who knows. It's important to get some diversity among the class tree lines. Especially in regards to healing and tanking.
/agree

VG classes are some of the best ever.... BloodMage por favor.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't need a knock off. I just want the diversity that existed. In a game like this you should be able to run dungeons with different group makeups and succeed with a totally different experience. Assuming the players are creative and able to work together. That's what they need to aim for.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, the change to fundamentally EQesque classes was disappointing to me, i would have prefered an amalgamation of classes from different games leading to different gameplay styles and synergies.
They may yet once the base classes are done, and there's no limit on class variations with their specialization system. They are planning like two lines per class but they could branch out if they want to go that direction.

Personally, I think the only real issue right now with the stated classes is the fact that theres only one listed main healer. Thats EQ all over again. Adding something like a disciple would be sick.

I'm all for combat being more like Vanguard but my only issue there was the lack of resource management and downtime. Unless you were raiding, you basically had to be retarded to die in a semi competent group because mana came back so quickly. That risk during downtime, the strategy regarding which mobs you kill and at what rate and worrying about rares or roamers is basically out the window in the VG system.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about combat times? EQ is pretty damn slow. I'm not sure I want those slow casting times again. This is the dilemma they will face in thier betas

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They may yet once the base classes are done, and there's no limit on class variations with their specialization system. They are planning like two lines per class but they could branch out if they want to go that direction.

Personally, I think the only real issue right now with the stated classes is the fact that theres only one listed main healer. Thats EQ all over again. Adding something like a disciple would be sick.

I'm all for combat being more like Vanguard but my only issue there was the lack of resource management and downtime. Unless you were raiding, you basically had to be retarded to die in a semi competent group because mana came back so quickly. That risk during downtime, the strategy regarding which mobs you kill and at what rate and worrying about rares or roamers is basically out the window in the VG system.
The original dual class system conceived by the original dev team has been scrapped in favor of a very EQesque line up. Obviously we don't know how they will flesh out since the class wikis are blank, but i wouldn't expect a return to the original classes.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
What about combat times? EQ is pretty damn slow. I'm not sure I want those slow casting times again. This is the dilemma they will face in thier betas
I don't mind slower casting times, especially as trade off for more powerful spells, what i hate are the global cooldowns.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we need a rerolled intervention for Convo, he's hurting. We all went through the same thing back in 2006 with VG; you just have to except the fact that the MMO everyone here wants is just not going to happen. We're all here for you Convo.

5857-im-here-for-you.jpg

Tol_sl

shitlord
I think we need a rerolled intervention for Convo, he's hurting. We all went through the same thing back in 2006 with VG; you just have to except the fact that the MMO everyone here wants is just not going to happen. We're all here for you Convo.
Prophecy foretells that Pantheon will appear like a thief in the night, and then the unbelievers will have to endure a 1000 year tribulation of wow clones while the true faithful ascend into the plane of sky and find eternal MMO paradise. As they enter the pearly gates, Saint Aradune will hand them a rusty short sword, a note from their guild trainer, and 5 food and water. You're in our heaven now. #believe

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Prophecy foretells that Pantheon will appear like a thief in the night, and then the unbelievers will have to endure a 1000 year tribulation of wow clones while the true faithful ascend into the plane of sky and find eternal MMO paradise. As they enter the pearly gates, Saint Aradune will hand them a rusty short sword, a note from their guild trainer, and 5 food and water. You're in our heaven now. #believe
Amen.

3687426.jpg

turbo

Molten Core Raider
8 Second Ice comets baby....playing playstation while raiding was great!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Medding for 5-10 minutes just to regenerate mana is silly though.
I played EQ for so fucking long, I still can't forget anything relevant I did. Considering I was a cleric for most of the time I played the game, I have not-so-fond memories of the spellbook, but to be honest I never had to med for 5 or 10 minutes. Later on the book was gone, but if all I did was chatting and healing with a stun/root every full moon, I never had mana issues or so boring downtimes. I was also a dark elf, so I had a wonderful necklace, Regent Symbol of Innoruuk that casted Clinging Darkness, small dot with a snare component. So yeah, I did something, but I don't remember sitting around for very long periods.

10 minutes? Never happened once.
Later on, with Flowing Thought XV stacked, I didn't really care for mana anymore, except in long raid fights.

Honestly I couldn't play that game anymore, ever, but it was fun and while certainly slow paced, it still kept me hooked to the screen for a long time.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Its sad too, because had Brad waited a few more years to make Vanguard, he might have been able to actually make a good game with all of the engines and shit available now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
amen