Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lammy_sl

shitlord
Granted they are using Unity assets
Just to reiterate, the current assets they're using are not found in the Unity Asset store. Look at something like Saga of Lucimia, that garbage is Unity Asset store.

These are custom models made from Pantheons concept art, which I imagine are then created by John Diasparra or his team.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The background is really nice in that SS. The foreground looks like complete ass and needs their architectural artist to make a redo. The lantern posts on top of stone pillars is off-putting especially with 3 almost on top of each other. It's like a kid with a new toy putting it everywhere. The dock looks like it was half built and then just abandoned and adocking pier is enclosed to where you can't get out.Sure, I sound anal but I really do hope they have someone that does critical thinking on their areas like this.

With that said, they have shown a lot more than EQN but that ship is about half sunk at this point.

rrr_img_113006.jpg

Yeah WTF is this about?

Merlin_sl

shitlord
The background is really nice in that SS. The foreground looks like complete ass and needs their architectural artist to make a redo. The lantern posts on top of stone pillars is off-putting especially with 3 almost on top of each other. It's like a kid with a new toy putting it everywhere. The dock looks like it was half built and then just abandoned and a docking pier is enclosed to where you can't get out. Sure, I sound anal but I really do hope they have someone that does critical thinking on their areas like this.

With that said, they have shown a lot more than EQN but that ship is about half sunk at this point.
That's a little unfair. This is a small team with limited funding in the first year. You gotta temper your expectations a bit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's valid criticism..they used the screenshot so it's being judged with the assumption that they feel good enough about that area to show it. Too many lanterns for me too.

Brad has talked a lot recently about needing more world builders. It's highly unlikely we are looking at finished areas but it's feedback they'd want to hear going forward imo. I'm sure these guys all still lurk and read, that's the shit they are probably looking to hear feedback on.

Merlin-I do agree with your overall point tho, even the people on the official forums need to understand that. I don't even know if it's been a year since fuzzy troll left? That's when I really think this project started. Fuzzy troll era was really unproductive besides the lolz.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They also have anupdated world map

I am guessing the clown places are starting cities.
How many places did not make it from the original EQ Map? Looking at this map, it looks like a modest and realistic goal in terms of content. In the Game Design class i'm teaching this year we were given Unity Pro for Education and it's amazing how quickly content can come together with 3-5 people who really put forth effort. Not that world design is the most time consuming or difficult piece to the development process but I think their world can be made within a reasonable amount of time. If nothing else they can post fly-throughs of all their zones/areas to give us something.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually getting excited for this game again. Have to ask for the fiftieth time: why wasn't this much work put in "before" the kickstarter???

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm actually getting excited for this game again. Have to ask for the fiftieth time: why wasn't this much work put in "before" the kickstarter???
I think it was just a really bad miscalculation. I don't even think that statement does the oversight justice. It might turn out to be a blessing in disguise tho. I think some of the original members just lacked passion for the project. People can say what they want about Brad, but he doesn't lack passion. The dude loves this style of gaming. I do wish some more of the old team would return tho. Guys like Vu and Tony for instance.

Guess they have been slowly adding stuff to site, I don't remember the spider screenshot when site launched?

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/images/p...-screen-19.jpg

lol.. who is this?https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/profile/Furor

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I will say the world map reminds me of the ones you used to get in your old RPGs so that nostalgia feels good. Great, if not too much, area for this game considering the resources available so far. Tearofsoul has the right of it though. How it would play is the only measuring stick of true import.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It has chances if they nail the combat/network code of game. Especially the network part since they wanna do non-instance + raid. It needs to support lot of players in the same place at the same time.
Fortunately, between the exorbitant amount of funding they have and Brad's impeccable reputation, they'll have no problem drawing the top-tier developers they need to build that out. You can rest assured that the people responsible for this aspect of the game were hand-selected from the best of the best.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's seriously boiled down to which game is LESS vaporware at this point?

That's where were at.