Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It's just wishful thinking at this point. Who knows how many levels, and saying"We've created items and loot for levels 1-10."doesn't mean much. How many items? How much loot?

Hey guys, I've created some loot for my future MMO...let me show you this single pic as proof that my MMO is half-finished! If you like this, send me monies on Patreon!

PU3pu.jpg
How much for the staff?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not a single word about performance. You know, the main reason Vanguard was dead on arrival. Content is near pointless unless it runs like a dream. He's doing it again.
Vanguard ran on proprietary tech didn't it? This is being built in Unity so you should expect it to be reasonably performant.

Lammy_sl

shitlord
Somewhere, at some point, Brad mentioned that their environment is rocking at max settings on his semi-current rig. At the same time it was stated that every so often they revisit to ensure the current build is staying within their range of optimization.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Vanguard ran on proprietary tech didn't it? This is being built in Unity so you should expect it to be reasonably performant.
Maybe by the end it might as well have been, but it started off with them stitching together a bunch of Unreal maps for their "seamless world". Developers have commented that is why they always had so many tech issues - abuse of the Unreal engine.

Somewhere, at some point, Brad mentioned that their environment is rocking at max settings on his semi-current rig. At the same time it was stated that every so often they revisit to ensure the current build is staying within their range of optimization.
That one guy (Joppa?) that dipped in here months back and answered some questions said he was making the team focus hard on latency issues too, making sure group play was smooth and responsive in real-world situations. Obviously "the proof is in the pudding", but at least at one point there was focus on making sure they didn't stitch it together at the end see that it was terrible.

Maybe by the end it might as well have been, but it started off with them stitching together a bunch of Unreal maps for their "seamless world". Developers have commented that is why they always had so many tech issues - abuse of the Unreal engine.
There was a few MMOGs that used the Unreal 2 engine and I don't remember hearing about massive performance issues with those: Lineage 2, Ragnarok 2, Prison Tale 2, some others. But then, I never tried any of them ...

List of Unreal Engine games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bruman

Golden Squire
There was a few MMOGs that used the Unreal 2 engine and I don't remember hearing about massive performance issues with those: Lineage 2, Ragnarok 2, Prison Tale 2, some others. But then, I never tried any of them ...

List of Unreal Engine games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, I don't know anything about them either. Did they also try to do the "seamless" world, or traditional zones? Trying to make them seamless (pretend chunk lines weren't obvious) is what my understanding of the problems were.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone get their 1st edition Newsletter! The chosen one has spoken!
I did! Anyone know if those Thronefast screens are new? I don't remember seeing them?

Codex stuff sounds cool. Have to see how it's actually implemented tho.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I don't know what the fuck you all are talking about. Paste in the text, link the screenies, or something?

The new site also includes a fly-by video of the game world, as well as a series of screenshots showing both how beautiful the game world is as well as real in-game images of Pantheon being played...
Where is this so-called video?

P.S. I'm still mad there's no bard.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
What's sad is the fact that's not going to be the Everquest Next theme. That just happened to make the "soundtrack". Not that it's going to matter.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What's sad is the fact that's not going to be the Everquest Next theme. That just happened to make the "soundtrack". Not that it's going to matter.
Is Everquest Next even still being developed? I need to log in and check out Landmark one of these days. I haven't checked it out since the first few months of beta(or alpha?).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is Everquest Next even still being developed? I need to log in and check out Landmark one of these days. I haven't checked it out since the first few months of beta(or alpha?).
We really don't know... I'm assuming they're still chugging along but there's no evidence really of their progress. Landmark is essentially abandoned except for some hardcores. The problem I had with Landmark was I felt like everything I did was pointless and it was frustrating at times. I also didn't like all the random artwork. While I respect their skills, I wanted to walk around in an EQ world that was being built by people passionate about EQ itself. You run into all kinds of random creations now from starships to skyscrapers and then you'll see something that would liken an EQ asset. It's just awkward for me and not very enjoyable as I cannot become immersed in the world. Again, not to take away from the talent as what most people build is quite impressive.