Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am not giving Brad any money before there is a finished product. Now that being said, If he has a finished product and it is decent, I have no problem giving him money.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think there are 25k to 30k people that may be willing to give Pantheon a chance if it looks fun. I don't think there is a bigger market than that just based off the lack of funding he will continuously have at all phases of the development.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think there are 25k to 30k people that may be willing to give Pantheon a chance if it looks fun. I don't think there is a bigger market than that just based off the lack of funding he will continuously have at all phases of the development.
Does this change if a company steps in and throws 10million at them?

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does this change if a company steps in and throws 10million at them?
How much of that $10 million goes to the game and how much does Brad back pay himself for?

NM the answer is the same regardless. No. The genera is dead man. There might be a 10-30k people who play this game. Is that going to be enough to payback said investor and keep the game alive?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That report includes FPS and MOBA titles, hardly what we would call MMOs.
If you cut out the barrier to access, you can get people to try your game. There is no telling what happens from there. Most of the people shitting on this game here will at the very least try the game when it's out. That's what MMO players do..

Back to my earlier point.. There is just no telling what game will succeed and what wont. Pantheon can offer a really deep RPG MMO experience and the new generation could really end up digging it or they could end up hating it. There is no telling.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you cut out the barrier to access, you can get people to try your game. There is no telling what happens from there.
Links market research, then says "there is no telling what happens". Makes sense.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you cut out the barrier to access, you can get people to try your game. There is no telling what happens from there. Most of the people shitting on this game here will at the very least try the game when it's out. That's what MMO players do..

Back to my earlier point.. There is just no telling what game will succeed and what wont. Pantheon can offer a really deep RPG MMO experience and the new generation could really end up digging it or they could end up hating it. There is no telling.
My real big issue with Pantheon right now is it doesn't matter what the market looks like - if the game never releases there is no way it will succeed. I am extremely hesitant to even think this game will ever release beyond alpha/beta.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been wanting to hang up my Pantheon shoes for a while guys. I think this project is at a point I can sit back and just let them do victory laps on their own as they succeed In this fragile market. I'm officially retired from the Pantheon thread! Please direct any and all questions to my assistant Utnayan!

Pantheon on!!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been wanting to hang up my Pantheon shoes for a while guys. I think this project is at a point I can sit back and just let them do victory laps on their own as they succeed In this fragile market. I'm officially retired from the Pantheon thread! Please direct any and all questions to my assistant Utnayan!

Pantheon on!!

Heheh. Probably for the best. This thread went back to it's normal snark level in record time.